[Q] Frozen on "Downloading..."

Search This thread

ziggums

Nov 26, 2011
Brand new Samsung S4, had successful root (checked via Root Checker). I had previously installed Clockworkmod but after some difficulty with flashing Cyanogenmod 10.2 I downloaded GooManager and installed it's preferred recovery, then re-downloaded the CM 10.2 and directed GooManager to install the .zip, and it popped up the "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" The script in the top left says as follows

"Could not do normal boot.
ODIN MODE
Product Name: SSCH-1545
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom
Knox Kernel Lock: 0x0
Knox Warranty Void: 0x0
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
Write Protection: Enable
eMMC BURST MODE enabled"

It has been on this downloading screen with no changes for 2 hours. After researching other threads, I tried to reboot into recovery, only for this exact screen to pop up immediately, and again with no change for prolonged periods of time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am fairly new to this as well, so the more user-friendly the better.

Hashbang173

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 6, 2012
What software version are you running?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

aidankiller4

Apr 30, 2013
You can't ****ing use goomanager, god dammit read alittle before you **** up your phone. Just boot holding power, home, and volume down, and when prompted press no

ziggums

Nov 26, 2011
I managed to get back to stock with root; I used Goo Manager -because- I did some reading, but obviously I read the wrong things. If someone could assist with the best structure to use (which recovery, best method for flashing, etc.) I would greatly appreciate it.

Mightycaptain

May 19, 2013
Morganton, NC
I managed to get back to stock with root; I used Goo Manager -because- I did some reading, but obviously I read the wrong things. If someone could assist with the best structure to use (which recovery, best method for flashing, etc.) I would greatly appreciate it.

Search in android development. Factory Firmware is there. You'll need to Odin at this point. Whatever came on your phone stock. The firmware version matters here. Can't Odin a previous version. Only what's on it or a newer version. After that a reroot and find the safestrap thread in android development. Read up. This will be your recovery. No aosp. No custom kernels just touch wiz ROMs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Brand new Samsung S4, had successful root (checked via Root Checker). I had previously installed Clockworkmod but after some difficulty with flashing Cyanogenmod 10.2 I downloaded GooManager and installed it's preferred recovery, then re-downloaded the CM 10.2 and directed GooManager to install the .zip, and it popped up the "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" The script in the top left says as follows

"Could not do normal boot.
ODIN MODE
Product Name: SSCH-1545
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom
Knox Kernel Lock: 0x0
Knox Warranty Void: 0x0
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
Write Protection: Enable
eMMC BURST MODE enabled"

It has been on this downloading screen with no changes for 2 hours. After researching other threads, I tried to reboot into recovery, only for this exact screen to pop up immediately, and again with no change for prolonged periods of time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am fairly new to this as well, so the more user-friendly the better.

you have soft bricked your phone by not understanding what you can and can't do with it. Better learn about odin process

ziggums

Nov 26, 2011
Search in android development. Factory Firmware is there. You'll need to Odin at this point. Whatever came on your phone stock. The firmware version matters here. Can't Odin a previous version. Only what's on it or a newer version. After that a reroot and find the safestrap thread in android development. Read up. This will be your recovery. No aosp. No custom kernels just touch wiz ROMs.

I found several guides about flashing to original, but none of them match my build (I am MK2). The phone is behaving exactly as before except when I try to boot into recovery mode it sends me back to the "Downloading.... Do not turn off target!!" screen, and I have to go through the process to get back to "normal" behavior. Could I simply just flash a different recovery, or do I need to try to find MK2 to go back to original first?

I appreciate all the help so far!

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
I found several guides about flashing to original, but none of them match my build (I am MK2). The phone is behaving exactly as before except when I try to boot into recovery mode it sends me back to the "Downloading.... Do not turn off target!!" screen, and I have to go through the process to get back to "normal" behavior. Could I simply just flash a different recovery, or do I need to try to find MK2 to go back to original first?

I appreciate all the help so far!

You CAN'T flash a recovery on your build. That's the whole problem. You need to Odin back to your stock build. There is an MK2 file in the development section.

Sent from my NCC 1701 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: ziggums

ziggums

Nov 26, 2011
You CAN'T flash a recovery on your build. That's the whole problem. You need to Odin back to your stock build. There is an MK2 file in the development section.

Sent from my NCC 1701 using Tapatalk 4

Could you link me to it? I can't find anything that deals with soft-brick reversing for MK2.

ziggums

Nov 26, 2011
I think in the long run a full wipe is always the best route.

The link was exactly what I needed! The video link they had was especially helpful, I returned to stock. I do have a question moving on from here though... Can I use Odin to try to flash CM10.2 (the one that was unsuccessful previously)? And what recovery do you recommend? The other posters mentioned something about Safe... I'm really just trying to get a smooth, stable ROM so I don't have to deal with the bloatware and can customize a bit more for what I need. Sorry if I'm annoying, but I appreciate all the help!

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
The link was exactly what I needed! The video link they had was especially helpful, I returned to stock. I do have a question moving on from here though... Can I use Odin to try to flash CM10.2 (the one that was unsuccessful previously)? And what recovery do you recommend? The other posters mentioned something about Safe... I'm really just trying to get a smooth, stable ROM so I don't have to deal with the bloatware and can customize a bit more for what I need. Sorry if I'm annoying, but I appreciate all the help!

Being on MK2 your ONLY option is Safestrap. No Cm, no AOSP.....Just TW. You have a lot of research to do. Start here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

Please do some research...you can't install cm or asop base roms or custom recovery like cwm or twrp...your only option is safestrap.

Top Liked Posts