[Q] Pure AOSP Nexus Like

Search This thread

techeretic

Sep 8, 2009
Overland Park, KS
I know that the Nexus 5 pretty much has the same hardware as our G2.

So I was wondering if we can flash the G2 kernel from a ROM... say MAHDI... and add the system images from Nexus 5, will everything work??

I don't want any excess customizations as the ones that are available in many roms. I want the Nexus experience on my G2.

Reactions: madkillr05

madkillr05

Mar 23, 2011
I'm not sure either, in theory it should work, I was actually wondering the same thing

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

staticx57

Aug 31, 2008
TR, NJ
Why not install an AOSP ROM and pretend the customizations aren't there? Most of the AOSP ROMs are pretty close to "stock" out of the box.

When I had my nexus it had a custom ROM on it within an hour.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

techeretic

Sep 8, 2009
Overland Park, KS
Why not install an AOSP ROM and pretend the customizations aren't there? Most of the AOSP ROMs are pretty close to "stock" out of the box.

When I had my nexus it had a custom ROM on it within an hour.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Most of the custom ROMs, when in their early days, have stock Android, are pretty stable, but as the features are added, they start misbehaving.
Not talking about SODs or Random reboots in G2 in the early days.
Issues with the framework, etc.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know that the Nexus 5 pretty much has the same hardware as our G2.

So I was wondering if we can flash the G2 kernel from a ROM... say MAHDI... and add the system images from Nexus 5, will everything work??

I don't want any excess customizations as the ones that are available in many roms. I want the Nexus experience on my G2.
    @FatHeadBob

Here's a thread already asking for what you wanted.

i.e. install an AOSP based ROM like CM or other flavor.