[Q] Flashtool and Sony Warranty

Search This thread

sachilleas

Aug 1, 2008
Will Sony warranty still cover me if I flash via flashtool another country's stock Sony firmware ? (Of course without root and with locked bootloader).
I ask because there is no .ftf file for my country's firmware anywhere uploaded. Thanks

Last edited:

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
You asked on your other thread the other day so not sure why you feel the need to start another. You could flash an ftf and destroy your Phone on the first attempt, it's highly unlikely but could happen so there are no guarantees that that won't happen or that Sony will repair under warranty.

Sent from the app on my Z1C...

Reactions: sachilleas

sachilleas

Aug 1, 2008
You asked on your other thread the other day so not sure why you feel the need to start another. You could flash an ftf and destroy your Phone on the first attempt, it's highly unlikely but could happen so there are no guarantees that that won't happen or that Sony will repair under warranty.

Your warranty won't be void if you flash a firmware from another country...

Thank you guys ! But there is no definite answer here! I From my android experience I tend to agree with zxz0O0 (Samsung had this policy) but I can't say I'm sure.

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
Thank you guys ! But there is no definite answer here! I From my android experience I tend to agree with zxz0O0 (Samsung had this policy) but I can't say I'm sure.
Using third party software to mod your device is a risk you take as to whether or not you'll be covered by warranty regardless of the manufacturer, so you can deliberate over the risks or just crack on and do it. In the 4 years I've been here and 5 Xperias later I've never had to send a Phone for any kind of repair and the handful of People I've seen that have have been extremely unlucky and/or maybe shouldn't have been allowed to mess with a Nokia.

Reactions: sachilleas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Your warranty won't be void if you flash a firmware from another country...
    Using third party software to mod your device is a risk you take as to whether or not you'll be covered by warranty regardless of the manufacturer, so you can deliberate over the risks or just crack on and do it. In the 4 years I've been here and 5 Xperias later I've never had to send a Phone for any kind of repair and the handful of People I've seen that have have been extremely unlucky and/or maybe shouldn't have been allowed to mess with a Nokia.