Rydeen DV638A & Google Play Music

Search This thread

Raven-6

Mar 22, 2013
So I just bought and installed a Rydeen DV638A in my car. It's an in-dash receiver running pure Android, specifically Froyo.

Been using it for a few days and I absolutely love it. Would recommend it to anyone. It's got a Cortex A7 processor, is very quick and responsive, and it boots up in just a few seconds. It also comes pre-loaded with the Google Play store and has access to most Froyo compatible apps.

I've got virtually all my Google Apps installed. Drive, Movies & TV, Keep, etc. all of these work flawlessly. What is annoying me is this. I have Google Play Music installed, but when I click on it, it launches the stock music app. No matter what I try I can't get it to launch Google Play Music instead of the stock Froyo music player.

Since I have all my music on Google Play, I'd like to fix this, but I really don't want to attempt to root the unit... anyone know what I could do to solve it?

Raven-6

Mar 22, 2013
Okay, so I played with it more and here's what's happening now. I noticed that I had 10 authorized devices on my Google Play Music account, so I removed some, and that helped. Now, if I press Google Music, it actually opens Google Music - 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time it still opens the stock Froyo app, but if I exit that app and try again, it works. Weird.

Thinking about setting something up with Tasker. Maybe make it so that any time the stock music player launches, it auto launches Google Music. Any ideas?