Forum Specific Moderator and || THE OFFICIAL OFF-TOPIC THREAD! ||

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
Ok this is actually a good idea.. only thing is, how many of such threads are open and if it is worth having a different section if it is only a few.

Now that you have new assigned moderators, I would let them settle in a bit.. and then probably discuss with them.. Maybe we can look at making a couple of stickies.. directing people to original dev and just dev..

Request to PG101

I don't know if he has enough rights to do this, or if this is even a good idea, but I just had a thought about how the Galaxy 3 Development Forum is now extremely cluttered with custom ROMs.

The thing is, there is two types of development: original development (like CM7/9/OpenFIMG/kernel development/all those nice scripts and things that get a function in a ROM working, like Beats and the video codecs) and then there is modifications/ROM cooking which is kind of development, but it's also kind of not.

No matter if you take it as development or not, I'm not here to debate that. What I do request though is that Custom ROMs that are a modification of another ROM (and I'm not excluding my Kyorarom from this list) be moved into a separate thread. This idea came from looking at the Galaxy S2 forums where they have SGS2 Original Development, and just SGS2 Development.

I think this will make it much easier for people who are new to the community to be able to find where everything is kept and will separate all the biggest projects and most important developments for our device (OpenFIMG etc) from getting covered by a swarm of themed ROMs.

Reactions: hillbeast

cdesai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
Ok this is actually a good idea.. only thing is, how many of such threads are open and if it is worth having a different section if it is only a few.

Now that you have new assigned moderators, I would let them settle in a bit.. and then probably discuss with them.. Maybe we can look at making a couple of stickies.. directing people to original dev and just dev..
There are actually many(not really, wish there were), kernels (fugumod, g3mod, kyora, astrum, and others) can stay in original, alongwith CM6 | 7 | 9 , AOSP and OpenFIMG threads, and maybe a few threads more than those, rest can be in Android Development (that makes about 20-25 threads in Original, and all the rest in Android Development)

hillbeast

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2011
Dunedin
There are actually many(not really, wish there were), kernels (fugumod, g3mod, kyora, astrum, and others) can stay in original, alongwith CM6 | 7 | 9 , AOSP and OpenFIMG threads, and maybe a few threads more than those, rest can be in Android Development (that makes about 20-25 threads in Original, and all the rest in Android Development)

As well as that, all the threads about scripts like App2SD, and all those sorts of things belong in Original Development as someone had to spend time coding those things from scratch (or adapting them for the Galaxy 3) which is original development in my opinion.

I believe the definition should be 'was there a reasonable amount of coding required in the creation of this', but it is all down to moderators discretion over whether they deem it original or not.

Arjen

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 26, 2011
Musselkanaal
Hello to all!

I am your newly assigned moderator and was put here to kick some *ss :D
So behave ;)

Mwah, I'm not that bad, I guess we all will get along.
Of course the same rules as PG101 stated in first post still apply ;)

If you have any questions, comments etc. do not hesistate to contact me ;)

Last edited:
G

GuestK0091

Hello to all!

I am your newly assigned moderator and was put here to kick some *ss :D
So behave ;)

Mwah, I'm not that bad, I guess we all will get along.
Of course the same rules as PG101 stated in first post still apply ;)

Wow, familiar flag ;)

Arjen

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 26, 2011
Musselkanaal
Request to PG101

I don't know if he has enough rights to do this, or if this is even a good idea, but I just had a thought about how the Galaxy 3 Development Forum is now extremely cluttered with custom ROMs.

The thing is, there is two types of development: original development (like CM7/9/OpenFIMG/kernel development/all those nice scripts and things that get a function in a ROM working, like Beats and the video codecs) and then there is modifications/ROM cooking which is kind of development, but it's also kind of not.

No matter if you take it as development or not, I'm not here to debate that. What I do request though is that Custom ROMs that are a modification of another ROM (and I'm not excluding my Kyorarom from this list) be moved into a separate thread. This idea came from looking at the Galaxy S2 forums where they have SGS2 Original Development, and just SGS2 Development.

I think this will make it much easier for people who are new to the community to be able to find where everything is kept and will separate all the biggest projects and most important developments for our device (OpenFIMG etc) from getting covered by a swarm of themed ROMs.

I also agree it is a good idea, at LG Optimus One forums we had the same question and it is changed there. I will discuss it and let you know ;)

Reactions: hillbeast

ak700

Nov 5, 2010
25.00° N, 71.00° W
One More Request to the mods.

We have two similar threads of posting the home screen in the Galaxy 3 forum. One is by kyrillos13 which is in the general section and other is by dxdiag32 which is in the themes section.

The one by kyrillos13 says "Post your Homescreens" while the other says "Show those desktop and those widgets" which is the same. Both the threads are overlapping and a newbie could get confused. So my suggestion is that, if possible, merge both the thread or close one.

Thanks,
ak700

Links
- Post your Homescreen :) by kyrillos13
- Show those desktop and widget by dxdiag32

ahsanaimad

Mar 12, 2011
One More Request to the mods.

We have two similar threads of posting the home screen in the Galaxy 3 forum. One is by kyrillos13 which is in the general section and other is by dxdiag32 which is in the themes section.

The one by kyrillos13 says "Post your Homescreens" while the other says "Show those desktop and those widgets" which is the same. Both the threads are overlapping and a newbie could get confused. So my suggestion is that, if possible, merge both the thread or close one.

Thanks,
ak700

Links
- Post your Homescreen :) by kyrillos13
- Show those desktop and widget by dxdiag32

What's up with your Lewa OS Port? :D :p :p

And overlapping if possible can be done but it is not fair to close one coz it would be unfair man.. You won't feel good if your one thread was closed coz a similar by someone else was there.... and no one is that noob :p They can remain there.. There are many other issues in Android Development section.. Many In-Progress threads that people make MONTHS before they post there work and if they discontinue before release they don't tell to delete there thread....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A request to new MOD -

HERE is a thread by me.. The MIUI GB port.. A similar work is been was posted by XDA Senior Member ash!sh and rubensollie or whatever is also making this ROM and he says HE WILL POST IT.. If you find this post you can delete it.. I don't know exactly if it deserves this so please check and take action required.. I think I already PMed but you said under review and then no reply :D :p

G

GuestK0091

I am you new mod now ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome :D
One does not simply post in 5 forums at the same time by the way ;)
359fvaw.jpg

Skivit

Sep 10, 2011
Xroads, Belgie
Is there a way to request the name change of this forum?
I keep spotting questions regarding the Galaxy S3, instead of the Galaxy 3 :p

Dympy.

and its only getting worse.........
new name suggestions?

Samsung Galaxy 3 not S3 Forum
Samsung Galaxy 3 serie 1 Forum
Samsung Galaxy 3 still waiting for fully functioning GB/ICS Forum
etc etc...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Request to PG101

Hi dudes and dudettes :)

Today, I have been appointed as the moderator for this forum.

Dont worry, I am not here to write a bible of rules for you.

Well, just 4 :D

1 - Search before you post a new thread, a question, or a suggestion.

2 - Be tolerant towards other members. Don't forget you were a noob yourself.

3 - Donot take matters in your hands. PM me or another mod with the link to the post and why you think it should be reported.

4 - Use ENGLISH :)

And this intro-thread is the only ONE thread in the forum where you can discuss "Off Topic" :)

This site is a learn from everyone site. I have learnt a lot in the last 4 years I have been on it.

And last, not be any means the least... a little fun doesnt hurt anyone :) :p

Feel free to PM me at anytime with whatever you need or want or discuss or even a hello.

Cheers guys!
    PG101

----------------------

Hello to all!

I am your newly assigned moderator and was put here to kick some *ss
    So behave :D

Mwah, I'm not that bad, I guess we all will get along. :D
    Of course the same rules as PG101 stated still apply.

Greets,
    Arjen
    Was watching some unbricking videos on youtube. Found this very good one. How to unbrick a G1. Can be applied to other phones as well I suppose. :D:D Enjoy.

After watching video.

american-psycho-christian-bale.jpg
    looking at ur siggy i saw u have a zte blade.
    how is it? i know it has a amazing screen fr its price but other than that how is it?
    i heard its laggy since its got an average gpu but a high res screen.
    actualy....if i had found out about it sooner i would had probably got one :p
    but a month or 2 after getting my g3 i found out about it :p

Oh no my friend.. my previous phones are on my siggy (above the moderator banner), the ones mentioned under the moderator banner are the fora I moderate!

Could u rename the thread to :

|| THE OFFICIAL OFF-TOPIC THREAD! :D ||

Done! :p
    Woohoo :D

Cheers:)

Sent from my GT-i9003 powered by RemICS S III-looking rom!

I've just about finished. I'm just getting the website up now.