[Q] ADB, RSA, Android 4.2.2, Android Commander

Search This thread

since1876

Jul 28, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA

I have seriously searched EVERY DAMN INCH of the Internet for this. Okay, obviously, I've seen all the posts like this one:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2351390 (I actually wanted to reply there but can't, sad)
And I've done all those steps, I've uninstalled everything, I've reinstalled everything, I've called my mom to tell her she wasn't lying to me about me being special, I've done it all ten times. This is what happens:

System stuff: Windows XP, cyanogenmod 10, ADB and Apps set to root, USB debugging on, Android 4.2.2, latest Android Commander, Galaxy S3 Sprint, Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.31

I open cmd and type adb devices, it shows me a device is available:
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
ba0a8be4 device

I open Android Commander, it has a blank line that's highlighted blue, I click "OK", it says:
Connected device has status offline and cannot be used. Please reboot your device.

I reboot my device, same thing happens.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm seriously about to just flash it to 421 but I hate just giving up. I hate it almost as much as I hate asking for help. I spent 7 hours last night (I was up until 2am!!) and then another 4 or 5 today just trying to figure this out. I'm completely lost here. Oh, another thing, since I'm at it, does anyone know how to delete the saved RSA key from my phone? I looked in that data/adb place that link said and renamed it but it didn't seem to reset the key... maybe I need to restart, I'll try restarting after I rename it. Yep, I bet that'll work. It probably had it in memory. Anyway, pointless rant about RSA done. I hope someone has some ideas before I resort to just sitting in the corner, cuddling up with my phone, and crying until my mommy tells me I'm special.

Another possibly important thing is that Droid Explorer works briefly (I can see phone's files come up) but then crashes when I try opening anything.

It also, as I was just playing with it, seems like Android Commander causes the adb server to become outdated. Does that mean anything? I just ran adb devices, then tried AC, then did adb dev again and it needed to restart the service. I don't know if that means anything. Just something I noticed.

Oops I had to update the link, I just realized I copied the wrong one from the page suggestions it does. This now has the one I meant.

Attachments

• xdadevelopers.JPG
    xdadevelopers.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 659
Last edited:

since1876

Jul 28, 2013
I gave up. Flashed stock, then cm 10 with system and cache wipes then cm 10.1 without wiping system. Haven't tried with my computer since I mostly use my phone. I'll check later and update this and let you know. I would have just kept stock but my god that stuff sprint puts on sickens me......

since1876

Jul 28, 2013
Yeah, I even said in my message that I made sure that was up to date. I was able to connect to adb and see it show up as a device now but Android Commander doesn't work. I did find out that adb push (and I assume pull) works but that probably worked before and I just didn't try. Anyway, I'm not too concerned. Glad you got yours figured out.

Top Liked Posts