[Request] Segoe UI or Kitkat Roboto font for LG G2

Search This thread

Pr0fess0rX

Jul 11, 2010
devville.net
Hello,

Can anyone get/build Segoe UI font for my unrooted LG G2 4.2.2? or even Kitkat Roboto font?

Is there any place/store that provide a collection of a decent fonts (other than LG SmartWold)?

Is there an easy way to build/convert ttf fonts to LG format because apparently Samsung font doesn't work with LG

chaki-

Apr 3, 2012
Banana Paradise

Incep

Dec 10, 2010
Norway
If you pick Roboto from the fonts list, it will be replaced with whatever you have installed through ifont.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

exmatproton

Dec 1, 2010
Breda
www.soundcloud.com
Hello,

Can anyone get/build Segoe UI font for my unrooted LG G2 4.2.2? or even Kitkat Roboto font?

Is there any place/store that provide a collection of a decent fonts (other than LG SmartWold)?

Is there an easy way to build/convert ttf fonts to LG format because apparently Samsung font doesn't work with LG

Use iFont, download Segoe UI and install the font thru iFont. Works like a charm

Reactions: magatsu82

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
I have tried to recreate an LG font apk but the fonts are in a format that includes Korean characters and they have a font.xml and font.dat that are font-specific. I'm not sure how font.xml and font.dat are generated & I can't read them even when decompiled... I created an installable apk but it didn't show up as a choosable font. Still trying a few things but no solution for non-rooted users at the moment.

Reactions: chaki-

chaki-

Apr 3, 2012
Banana Paradise
try a billion times it wont work!ROOT!ROOT!:mad:

It is democracy ;) Root or not root? :cool:
That's the free man's question :D

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

I have tried to recreate an LG font apk but the fonts are in a format that includes Korean characters and they have a font.xml and font.dat that are font-specific. I'm not sure how font.xml and font.dat are generated & I can't read them even when decompiled... I created an installable apk but it didn't show up as a choosable font. Still trying a few things but no solution for non-rooted users at the moment.

I have tried that too. But had no luck so far.

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile

I think they are standard ttf files with characters from several languages included. Samsung had a digital signature on their fonts but LG does not seem to. I think the key will be reproducing the xml and dat files in the assets folder with the font and possibly having a font that uses all of the same characters.

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
the new ifont has that function to convert ttf to apk.Just try to download a font and at the moment you open it the button is down in the middle!

I havent tried that yet but I just emailed the dev to see if he has tried making LG apks or if he can.. seems to know a lot and has done it for other phones.

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
G2 default font like foxrain, coffee, smartgothic i can use on other phone like samsung or sony?

.apk or different from that?

Would like you to help me.. thanks

LG apks will not work on other phones but the stock installed fonts like you are talking about can be found in system/fonts. (See attached pic)
You could rename them to an existing font and push them to a Sony or Samsung phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-24-23-33-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-24-23-33-00.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 1,547
Reactions: rafiuddinrozman

sabarys

Dec 1, 2014
So, i have a Samsung and i would like the foxrain font.... is this possible ?? I'm searching a solution since yesterday... help ? Please ? :crying:

Reactions: tanicha15vs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rdcmckvyfedatyb/rh1_HBbbhq
    try a billion times it wont work!ROOT!ROOT!:mad:

It is democracy ;) Root or not root? :cool:
    That's the free man's question :D

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

I have tried that too. But had no luck so far.
    Hello,

Use iFont, download Segoe UI and install the font thru iFont. Works like a charm
    Weird...it is working over here (CM11, CM10.2, Paradroid, LG Stock 4.2.2)

He is not rooted ;)