[16th April | New Google Camera App]

Search This thread

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Update Today, apparently it works on other devices also. I don't have an M8 so cannot check but it may work on custom ROMs, maybe even Sense and it should work on GPE, some niceness added.

Try it and have fun.

DOWNLOAD

*Photo Blur
*Panorama
*Manual Exposure

CitizenLee

Aug 21, 2009
Aberdeen
Yeah just seen your post over on the N5 forum. Not sure why it's different, possible the GPE m8 changes it slightly for whatever reason ?

Strange isn't it! You'd assume it's the same apk coming from Google Play, so must be something to do with the phone itself.

The GPE M8 is still HTC framework underneath right... just missing Sense and a few other HTC bells and whistles?

Reactions: radicalisto

Michealtbh

Nov 16, 2010
Belfast
Google Pixel 4
I have the N5 mate, and it's fully black too, but someone on another forum posted a pick of their camera from a GPE M8 and it's semi-transparent :eek:

See here: http://imgur.com/YBxhk7q

That's me, it's semi transparent in camera mode. Also, when I take a photo, the photo is the size of the whole viewfinder including the semi transparent part.

Reactions: CitizenLee

Michealtbh

Nov 16, 2010
Belfast
Google Pixel 4
Haha, nice to see you here :)

What ROM are you using, and what's the build number on your camera app?

Running this rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2706441

Here's the build number
me6uquza.jpg

Reactions: CitizenLee

littlegreenalien

Nov 21, 2013
This is how it looks.im running sense rom

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398039576530.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398039576530.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 514

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Installed on an M7 running an M8 Sense 6 port (InsertCoin) and there's no black edges - the viewfinder is the full screen and the shutter area is semi transparent. I like the fact that when you switch to video mode and you're in portrait view there's a constant icon telling you to rotate the camera (which does go away if you start recording). Google finally trying to kill off portrait videos - good for them! haha

Try4Ce

Jul 29, 2010
NRW
IMO, the Google Camera App does produce a greenish tint on the M8, at least in the refocus mode after you refocused a little and let it render.
Already set the quality to high quality, but well, tinting is still there. Its not really heavy tinting, but enough to annoy me.
Normal photo mode seems fine so far, even tho it doesnt produce as good colors as the htc camera app.

Nevertheless, the new refocus tech is pretty logical and on still elements pretty powerful. I cant see it really useful for quick snaps or faster moving objects since it requires careful and steady movements.

Really hope that HTC improves the stock HTC camera app to let us adjust blur levels with increased accuracy on the captured image itself. the fail rate on ufocus sadly is pretty high still.

EDIT: I attached 2 images to show the green tint. First one is the shot right after i took it. second one is after refocusing. as you can see, there is a significant tint after processing. I even have the impression the processed image is now lower quality than before.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-23-16-40-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-23-16-40-51.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 639
  • Screenshot_2014-04-23-16-41-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-23-16-41-23.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 640
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts