[MOD][XPOSED][2.3+]NeverSleep - Disable auto-sleep in selected apps

Search This thread

dadykhoff

Sep 20, 2013

So is Llama? This is easier, but I still don't understand the mentality of using Xposed modules for simple tasks that can be done just by apps. Xposed is so much more insecure. Not saying your module is risky or anything (although the source code isn't posted...), I just see the community moving towards the mentality that Xposed is the end-all-be-all for any issue with mobile devices.

moonryder

Apr 24, 2014
southern
So is Llama? This is easier, but I still don't understand the mentality of using Xposed modules for simple tasks that can be done just by apps. Xposed is so much more insecure. Not saying your module is risky or anything (although the source code isn't posted...), I just see the community moving towards the mentality that Xposed is the end-all-be-all for any issue with mobile devices.
some things can be done with apps, other can´t be managed with them like modding statusbar, gestures, hibernating apps, modding progress bars, kill toasts...
that´s the way xposed modules are very useful and helpful.
Check it out and wonder what is possible ... CLICK ME

p.s. i use Llama too and it is one of the best apps on my device

dadykhoff

Sep 20, 2013

some things can be done with apps, other can´t be managed with them like modding statusbar, gestures, hibernating apps, modding progress bars, kill toasts...
that´s the way xposed modules are very useful and helpful.
Check it out and wonder what is possible ... CLICK ME

p.s. i use Llama too and it is one of the best apps on my device

I'm aware of that. I'm just pointing out that there are quite a few Xposed modules who's functionality can be 100% replicated by an app that doesn't even require root access (such as this one).

Biyoalp

Dec 7, 2014
Konya
after uninstall

hi
I tried this app to try one app and then I uninstalled. Problem is battery usage (android system). The phone doesnt go deep sleep. After uninstalling does it continue to work?
galaxy s5 g900fq 4.4.2.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-26-16-55-19.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-26-16-55-19.png
    220.8 KB · Views: 393

Atharkhan101

Account currently disabled
There are 2 big annoying issues:

1. There is a problem in checking the apps. I define it as 'Invisible selection'. What happening is, if i check the app, the tick mark is not visible but in background it gets selected just it wont be visible and when i tap on save button, it appears. Other thing, if i launch this app and unselect app and save it and relaunch the app then some are pre checked.

2. If I click on Unselect all button and save it and relaunch the app, then few apps appear to be prechecked.

Last edited:

GuzWe

Sep 4, 2016
Not working on Redmi Note 3 Pro.
I tried on google maps, not working.
Is there any update in future?
Please TS help with answer

starlone77

Apr 6, 2017
hi this module is not working for me... in the log it say
'loading modules from /mnt/asec/com.hamzah.neversleep-1/pkg.apk'
then
'File does not exist'.
but i tried searching that directory (using ES file explorer) but that file is already there. i don't know what to do, i've tried moving this app to internal memory, uninstalling and reinstalling, and rebooting many times, but the results are the same, it still not work (screen still go to sleep). this module is what i really need for my games and apps, so can you please fix this or tell me what to do please.

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
Hi,

LG-H9!0A Nougat 7.0

Before installing it, a couple of questions, please?

The description doesn't really say *how* this app prevents the phone from sleeping with the apps you select in it, nor what *sleep* means. I.e…..

1) Does it keep the screen from turning off? Or just keep the phone from going into Sleep Mode? Or does it just keep the phone awake solely by keeping the screen on when the selected apps are running? I already have an app installed that keeps the screen on for selected apps, that's why I ask. It would be awesome to be able to make sure that even with the screen off and the app in the background, the phone won't go to sleep when a selected app is running! :)

2) What if I have an app selected in it, but the app is running in the background overnight. Like a really large download that's being downloaded within an app I have installed. I don't want the screen on all night, but I don't want the phone going to sleep either.

3) Does anybody know if it runs in Nougat 7.0?

Thank You! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Never Sleep

This is an Xposed Module to disable auto-sleep while in selected apps

How to use
    Install Xposed
    Install this app
    Enable in Xposed "modules" list
    Reboot
    Set up settings as you like
    Enjoy!

Download
    The APK is attached to this post and is also available on Xposed Repo

Changelog
    Version 1.0 (20/5/14)
    Initial Release

XDA:DevDB Information
    NeverSleep, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    hamzahrmalik
    Xposed Package Name: com.hamzah.neversleep

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1
    Stable Release Date: 2014-05-20

Created 2014-05-20
    Last Updated 2014-05-20
    Looking for the app is very hard as its is in the form of example: (com.googlemail.xxx). Can you Do bold font for the app name? Adding a search option also is good idea. Thank you good app/module though
    Yeah I think I will

Sent from my amazingly awesome OnePlus One using Tapatalk