[Rom] Redemptive rEVOlution 2.3 *UPDATE* Feb 23, 2011 Inc - EVO Hybrid

Search This thread

HeyItsLou

Jun 17, 2010
Untitled-1.png

Check out my new You Tube Channel for Android and Linux Tutorials and Reviews!
http://www.youtube.com/ohheyitslou

Redemptive rEVOlution 2.3 Maintenance Release Change Log:

• Switched to using Edify Installation Scripts (updater-script) now fully compatible with latest ClockworkMod Recovery
  • Updated all Apps to latest Market Version
  • All of my Kernel projects are now pushed to SD Card during installation and can be found in the "Redemptive" folder with a "KERNEL - READ ME" file describing features and differences between each.

Power Control Mod - JsChiSurf

This mod was based off of Cyanogen Mod however since we don't have the Sense source code this entire mod was written in Smali which is amazing be sure to stop by the above thread to get more info on how to customize this mode and see others by JsChiSurf he is a super talented guy

My contribution to this mod has been porting it over to work on Redemptive rEVOlution as well as adding my own custom theme to it. I've changed the standard blue on/off indicators to white as well as implemented two XML hacks which removes the stock white background and adds transparency behind the Power Control as well as behind "Verizon Wireless" I've also trimmed down the height so it doesn't take up a ton of room in the notification window.​

Credits:
manup456 for his Htc Settings Widget
Jesus Freke for Smali and Baksmali
Brut.all for apktool
JsChiSurf - Notification Power Control Mod
_Burst_ for the use of the Dialer Button graphic and Battery graphics
Jercik for his Smooth Sense Icons and faster3200 for porting them to the EVO
cortland1998 for the custom "RR" animated sync icons
aamikam for the modded 4 in 1 Power Button Reboot
deficitism for pointing me in the right direction for some of the Rosie mods
rujelus22 for giving me a crash course in themeing
Summary:
Due to the popularity of the EVO the user base is enormous and as a result so is the development. Incorporating many Evo elements allows us to have the best of both worlds both EVO and Incredible options in the Rom.​
Features

• Rom Fully de-odexed & Zip aligned based on the newest official Incredible OTA 3.26.605.1 and the newest EVO OTA 3.70.651.1
  • Custom HeyItsLou Kernel
  • All of the themes edited/created images have been optimized and compressed for optimum Ram efficiency.
  • Framework has been optimized and compressed for optimum Ram efficiency
  • Internal storage bug when using EVO framework DOES NOT exist here internal storage mounts just Fine.
  • Working 6 bar signal icon
  • Fully functional MMS (Does not have usual EVO Port MMS bug)
  • What would be considered the standard bloat has been removed
  • Added Rom Manager, ESFIleExplorer, Wireless Tether, gscript, DSP EQ etc...
  • EVO Framework used in place of Incredible framework which means theoretically any SENSE Evo theme can be used on this Rom (Some modification required to have all of the Rom's features fully functional...see below)
  • Custom Animated transitions and Window Animations (Found in Evo forum)
  • Bash Shell Support
  • /data/app functionality
  • Custom G-Scripts including "Fix Permissions"
  • Latest Su and BusyBox
  • Much Much More....
Requirements
FULL wipe both data/cache and especially Dalvik-Cache this is Mandatory​
Installation:

• Place HBoot .92 on Root of SD Card then boot into bootloader when asked if you want to update select Yes after update when asked if you want to reboot phone select Yes.
  • Flash Redemptive rEVOlution via Rom Manager or by using Clockwork Mod Recovery.
  • All Optional Content is in the "Redemptive" folder which is pushed to your SD card during install. This folder contains various Mods that can be flashed just like a Rom using Rom Manager or by using Clockwork Mod Recovery.
Disclaimer
As with any Rom or Mod flash you are taking matters into your own hands I will not be held responsible for any bricked devices or be held responsible for the injuries you may inflict on others if this were to happen.​
Restoring Apps/Data:
This install will format your system. If you want to back up your apps with titanium fine but just do the apps not the data. This is my recommendation if you back up data and then have problems don't say I didn't warn you. Also please don't argue with me about the Rom wiping the system I'm the developer and this is the way I feel will provide the best non glitchy experience. As a result I can spend less time trouble shooting and more time working on the next release....Thanks guys for everything...Lou​
ATTENTION: Redemptive Users
A word to the wise on the topic of themes. There's themes floating around these forums still based on the leaked Froyo Rom from back in August. HTC has released multiple framework revisions since then with fixes and enhancements. It's important to know what framework the theme is based on before you flash because you could potentially be downgrading in terms of performance and stability for the sake of something a little flashier

Downloads

* HBoot .92 REQUIRED *
http://www.multiupload.com/AWPY93YE51

Redemptive rEVOlution 2.3
MD5 - 478e6bd62a10568d4b089fc28d59b9d5
http://www.multiupload.com/02YWRQXIEN

Backup Assistant
http://www.multiupload.com/ZJZUK9V3G0

Attachments

• LockScreen.jpg
    LockScreen.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 10,382
  • AppDrawer.jpg
    AppDrawer.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 10,241
  • AddToHome.jpg
    AddToHome.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 9,697
  • Software.jpg
    Software.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 9,646
  • HomeScreen2.jpg
    HomeScreen2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 9,481
  • Phone2.jpg
    Phone2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 8,923
  • Widgets2.jpg
    Widgets2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 8,867
  • Notifications2.jpg
    Notifications2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 8,861
Last edited:

HeyItsLou

Jun 17, 2010
Change Logs

Redemptive rEVOlution 2.1 (This version is a combination of the newest official Incredible OTA 3.26.605.1 and the newest EVO OTA 3.30.651.2)

• Hacked window animation and transition speeds increased x2 !!!...You thought things were fast before
    smile.gif
  • Smoother Home Screen Scrolling
  • Multiple Framework Speed tweaks
  • Rosie speed tweaks
  • 5 Column App Drawer
  • Remapped Stock Browser to Right Rosie Button with custom graphic
  • USB Tethering fixed thanks to - Calkulin from the EVO forum
  • New Graphics in Notification Bar (Un-Branded)
  • New Themed System Folders (Black)
  • Updated Graphics in Phone Dialer
  • White Circle Sync Icons by default
  • Reverted back to green icon with transparent background sync widget (from earlier releases)
  • Updated Rom Manager, Flash (Latest Market Version), PDF Viewer updated to newest Adobe Reader
  • Removed Weather Forecast
  • The default transitions for 2.1 will be "flip" All my speed hacks have been applied to these. I'm working on applying them to the others but am running into a few force close issues. So I won't be offering all of the past transitions out of the gate however I will be modifying the rest of them and pushing out a "Speedy Transition Pack" in the near future. (If you want to manually add the previous transitions options to 2.1's framework you will lose my speed hacks)
  • Added the following Mods:
    1. No Location No Battery Mod
    2. No Location No Battery No Clock Mod
    3. No Location No Battery No Clock No Alarm Mod
  • Added the following Optional Installs
    1. Verizon Wifi Tether
    2. Backup Assistant
    3. Ubuntu 10.10 Font Pack
  • much, much more!
Change Log: Version 2.0
All of the images I created/edited have been compressed and optimized for optimum Ram efficiency. All frameworks have been compressed, zipaligned and optimized for optimum Ram efficiency.

• Black Gradient Phone Dialer and In call Dialer with Black key back drop (This is not the same Dialer from Alpha Burst that was an EVO Phone and Htc Dialer app the apps I use are Incredible based. I edited the XML code myself for the Dialer and Phone. The only thing I used from alpha burst was the key image.
  • Glossy Black Rosie home launcher (No more Grey all glossy Black)
  • Black Themed Google Quick Search Box
  • Custom themed Htc Sync widget "RR" icon (Check this out its Sweeeet)
  • Black Themed Smooth Calendar (Got rid of the red added black and transparency)
  • Black and Clear Lockscreen (Got rid of the top and botton black strips made them transparent)
  • Pandora still transparent
  • Transparent App and Add to Home menus.
  • New Graphics in the Notification pull down bar (Custom RR Logo) and header (Solid Black)
  • Grey and White battery with percentage shows every 1% (I used the alpha star images but had to edit all 140 of them to add transparency to the area around the battery so the title bar would match.
  • No location icon by default
  • "Flip" transitions by default (as seen in alpha burst)
  • New Animated status bar "RR" Sync Icon and gps icon - thanks to cortland1998
  • New Themed 4 in 1 Power Button Reboot - thanks to aamikam http://bit.ly/bka3yE
  • Build Prop changes made to reflect proper EVO build number 3.30.651.2
Redemptive rEVOlution Previous Release Change Logs:Rep Your Favorite Rom with an XDA Forum Signature
Download:http://bit.ly/aYcje1

XDAforumSignature2.png

Last edited:

DroidHam

Aug 8, 2010
Akron, OH
So this is pretty much a more skinnable version of Redemption Rom? More customizable but the same pretty much?

KGBxxx

May 14, 2010
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Sweet ****. Now maybe my buddy will stop shoving his evo in my face. "Hey man look at this rom, look at this theme, everything you can do I can do better." Shut up fool! I taught you how to do all that ****.

Looking forward to this one. Now if I could only get a working semi transparent STATUS bar, my life would be complete.

Sent from my DI
Redemption Rom
STOCK Kernel
2.15 Radio and .92 hboot
Removed Rosie - LauncherPro
8"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Untitled-1.png

Check out my new You Tube Channel for Android and Linux Tutorials and Reviews!
    http://www.youtube.com/ohheyitslou

Redemptive rEVOlution 2.3 Maintenance Release Change Log:

• Switched to using Edify Installation Scripts (updater-script) now fully compatible with latest ClockworkMod Recovery
    • Updated all Apps to latest Market Version
    • All of my Kernel projects are now pushed to SD Card during installation and can be found in the "Redemptive" folder with a "KERNEL - READ ME" file describing features and differences between each.

Power Control Mod - JsChiSurf

This mod was based off of Cyanogen Mod however since we don't have the Sense source code this entire mod was written in Smali which is amazing be sure to stop by the above thread to get more info on how to customize this mode and see others by JsChiSurf he is a super talented guy

My contribution to this mod has been porting it over to work on Redemptive rEVOlution as well as adding my own custom theme to it. I've changed the standard blue on/off indicators to white as well as implemented two XML hacks which removes the stock white background and adds transparency behind the Power Control as well as behind "Verizon Wireless" I've also trimmed down the height so it doesn't take up a ton of room in the notification window.​

Credits:
    manup456 for his Htc Settings Widget
    Jesus Freke for Smali and Baksmali
    Brut.all for apktool
    JsChiSurf - Notification Power Control Mod
    _Burst_ for the use of the Dialer Button graphic and Battery graphics
    Jercik for his Smooth Sense Icons and faster3200 for porting them to the EVO
    cortland1998 for the custom "RR" animated sync icons
    aamikam for the modded 4 in 1 Power Button Reboot
    deficitism for pointing me in the right direction for some of the Rosie mods
    rujelus22 for giving me a crash course in themeing
    Summary:
    Due to the popularity of the EVO the user base is enormous and as a result so is the development. Incorporating many Evo elements allows us to have the best of both worlds both EVO and Incredible options in the Rom.​
    Features

• Rom Fully de-odexed & Zip aligned based on the newest official Incredible OTA 3.26.605.1 and the newest EVO OTA 3.70.651.1
    • Custom HeyItsLou Kernel
    • All of the themes edited/created images have been optimized and compressed for optimum Ram efficiency.
    • Framework has been optimized and compressed for optimum Ram efficiency
    • Internal storage bug when using EVO framework DOES NOT exist here internal storage mounts just Fine.
    • Working 6 bar signal icon
    • Fully functional MMS (Does not have usual EVO Port MMS bug)
    • What would be considered the standard bloat has been removed
    • Added Rom Manager, ESFIleExplorer, Wireless Tether, gscript, DSP EQ etc...
    • EVO Framework used in place of Incredible framework which means theoretically any SENSE Evo theme can be used on this Rom (Some modification required to have all of the Rom's features fully functional...see below)
    • Custom Animated transitions and Window Animations (Found in Evo forum)
    • Bash Shell Support
    • /data/app functionality
    • Custom G-Scripts including "Fix Permissions"
    • Latest Su and BusyBox
    • Much Much More....
    Requirements
    FULL wipe both data/cache and especially Dalvik-Cache this is Mandatory​
    Installation:

• Place HBoot .92 on Root of SD Card then boot into bootloader when asked if you want to update select Yes after update when asked if you want to reboot phone select Yes.
    • Flash Redemptive rEVOlution via Rom Manager or by using Clockwork Mod Recovery.
    • All Optional Content is in the "Redemptive" folder which is pushed to your SD card during install. This folder contains various Mods that can be flashed just like a Rom using Rom Manager or by using Clockwork Mod Recovery.
    Disclaimer
    As with any Rom or Mod flash you are taking matters into your own hands I will not be held responsible for any bricked devices or be held responsible for the injuries you may inflict on others if this were to happen.​
    Restoring Apps/Data:
    This install will format your system. If you want to back up your apps with titanium fine but just do the apps not the data. This is my recommendation if you back up data and then have problems don't say I didn't warn you. Also please don't argue with me about the Rom wiping the system I'm the developer and this is the way I feel will provide the best non glitchy experience. As a result I can spend less time trouble shooting and more time working on the next release....Thanks guys for everything...Lou​
    ATTENTION: Redemptive Users
    A word to the wise on the topic of themes. There's themes floating around these forums still based on the leaked Froyo Rom from back in August. HTC has released multiple framework revisions since then with fixes and enhancements. It's important to know what framework the theme is based on before you flash because you could potentially be downgrading in terms of performance and stability for the sake of something a little flashier

Downloads

* HBoot .92 REQUIRED *
    http://www.multiupload.com/AWPY93YE51

Redemptive rEVOlution 2.3
    MD5 - 478e6bd62a10568d4b089fc28d59b9d5
    http://www.multiupload.com/02YWRQXIEN

Backup Assistant
    http://www.multiupload.com/ZJZUK9V3G0
    I did all that, wiped everything I could think of. However I did notice one thing when I went to wipe the Delvik cache, can anyone tell me if this is a problem?

Code:
    E:can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p2
    (File Exists)
    Delvik Cache wiped.

It's a benign error. Generally means an improper formatting/setup of your sd card. You don't have have sd-ext partition setup for apps2sd. It tries to mount it, but cannot since the file doesn't exit (even though it says it does). You can fix it by formatting your sd card with RA recovery with the default values of 512mb of sd-ext (the reported minimum is 128mb), 32mb of swap, and the rest as FAT32. RA recovery can format your SD card; just flash it in ROM Manager under the Alternate Recovery option, reboot into recovery, format your sd card with the guidelines I gave, then flash Clockwork back through ROM Manager if that's the one you prefer. Supposedly Clockwork 2.5.1.1 has this option, but I've haven't tested it so feel free if you want, and let me know how it goes.

But again, it's benign, so you don't HAVE to fix it especially since it doesn't affect clearing the dalvik cache. Personally, I do since I don't like errors, benign or not.

Edit: I kind of got tired of hearing this one, especially since I've answered it more than once, so I've linked this post to my signature.
    Change Logs

Redemptive rEVOlution 2.1 (This version is a combination of the newest official Incredible OTA 3.26.605.1 and the newest EVO OTA 3.30.651.2)

• Hacked window animation and transition speeds increased x2 !!!...You thought things were fast before
      smile.gif
    • Smoother Home Screen Scrolling
    • Multiple Framework Speed tweaks
    • Rosie speed tweaks
    • 5 Column App Drawer
    • Remapped Stock Browser to Right Rosie Button with custom graphic
    • USB Tethering fixed thanks to - Calkulin from the EVO forum
    • New Graphics in Notification Bar (Un-Branded)
    • New Themed System Folders (Black)
    • Updated Graphics in Phone Dialer
    • White Circle Sync Icons by default
    • Reverted back to green icon with transparent background sync widget (from earlier releases)
    • Updated Rom Manager, Flash (Latest Market Version), PDF Viewer updated to newest Adobe Reader
    • Removed Weather Forecast
    • The default transitions for 2.1 will be "flip" All my speed hacks have been applied to these. I'm working on applying them to the others but am running into a few force close issues. So I won't be offering all of the past transitions out of the gate however I will be modifying the rest of them and pushing out a "Speedy Transition Pack" in the near future. (If you want to manually add the previous transitions options to 2.1's framework you will lose my speed hacks)
    • Added the following Mods:
      1. No Location No Battery Mod
      2. No Location No Battery No Clock Mod
      3. No Location No Battery No Clock No Alarm Mod
    • Added the following Optional Installs
      1. Verizon Wifi Tether
      2. Backup Assistant
      3. Ubuntu 10.10 Font Pack
    • much, much more!
    Change Log: Version 2.0
    All of the images I created/edited have been compressed and optimized for optimum Ram efficiency. All frameworks have been compressed, zipaligned and optimized for optimum Ram efficiency.

• Black Gradient Phone Dialer and In call Dialer with Black key back drop (This is not the same Dialer from Alpha Burst that was an EVO Phone and Htc Dialer app the apps I use are Incredible based. I edited the XML code myself for the Dialer and Phone. The only thing I used from alpha burst was the key image.
    • Glossy Black Rosie home launcher (No more Grey all glossy Black)
    • Black Themed Google Quick Search Box
    • Custom themed Htc Sync widget "RR" icon (Check this out its Sweeeet)
    • Black Themed Smooth Calendar (Got rid of the red added black and transparency)
    • Black and Clear Lockscreen (Got rid of the top and botton black strips made them transparent)
    • Pandora still transparent
    • Transparent App and Add to Home menus.
    • New Graphics in the Notification pull down bar (Custom RR Logo) and header (Solid Black)
    • Grey and White battery with percentage shows every 1% (I used the alpha star images but had to edit all 140 of them to add transparency to the area around the battery so the title bar would match.
    • No location icon by default
    • "Flip" transitions by default (as seen in alpha burst)
    • New Animated status bar "RR" Sync Icon and gps icon - thanks to cortland1998
    • New Themed 4 in 1 Power Button Reboot - thanks to aamikam http://bit.ly/bka3yE
    • Build Prop changes made to reflect proper EVO build number 3.30.651.2
    Redemptive rEVOlution Previous Release Change Logs:Rep Your Favorite Rom with an XDA Forum Signature
    Download:http://bit.ly/aYcje1

XDAforumSignature2.png
    For those asking about FM Radio, I made a quick flashable zip. Tested on my device and it works for me. Hopefully it works for you as well...
    Hey Lou,

I saw your tweet that said you had 40% battery left after 12 hours of heavy use.

You are running RR1.8 obviously, but what kernel and what Profile settings do you run for SetCPU?

Stock kernel not using SetCPU. You know I've come to realize that with a properly put together Rom you really don't need to overclock. Overclocking does shorten the life of the actual processor and puts more than recommended stress on the system.

I like to push hardware don't get me wrong but if I can get the overclock "feel" out of a device with great battery life without overclocking it's a bonus and I think that's what we have with Redemptive rEVOlution.

I don't bother running Quadrant or Linpack I go by "feel" if that makes sense and this Rom feels really fast lol I've used Roms that produces 1700 + Quadrant scores but were choppy and the day to day use wasn't fluid. High Quadrant scores are great to brag about in the Android locker room but what matters to me is "how does this rom feel with my everyday normal activity"