[APP] Ghosttown - New free app using YouTube API to search for music!

Search This thread

αкαѕнα

May 15, 2011
in your fantasy...
ghosttown.jpg

FEATURES
  • Completely Free
  • Listen to any song by any artist
  • Organized by Artist and Album
  • Save Favorites and Playlists
  • Send Playlists to friends
  • Works on 3G, 4G or WiFi

How does it works?

Can we really listen to any song?
When you select a song, Ghosttown uses the YouTube API to search for and play the song. Just about any song by a known artist will work.

Where is the app available?
You can download Ghosttown from the Android Market

More info: http://ghosttownapp.com/

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
So we can just search from Youtube and download/listen to the song?
THATS INCREDIBLE!

THANK YOU

oh and yeah the LIVE versions that come up are annoying as ****.

edit: how do you download the songs? is this just for listening?

jonas2295

Jan 4, 2010
Bavaria
Awesome but download feature would be great :). I know its maybe illegal

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA Premium App

TheRomMistress

XDA Portal Team / Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 17, 2010
Virginia
Trying to write an article on the app - sent an email to the address listed on your website but it failed to go through?

TheRomMistress

XDA Portal Team / Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 17, 2010
Virginia
FYI for those of you laughing about copyright infringements

[QUOTE="XDA Forum Rules]9. Don't get us in trouble.

Don't post copyrighted materials or do other things that will obviously lead to legal trouble. If you wouldn't do it on your own homepage, you probably don't want to do it here either. This does not mean we agree with everything the software piracy lobby try to impose on us, it simply means you cannot break any laws here, since we'll end up dealing with legal hassle caused by you. Please use common sense: respect the forum, its users, and those that write great code.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Xenodwarf

jp22382

Mar 31, 2011
Loving this app!

Just needs a playback control widget and compatibility with bluetooth controls (unless mine just isn't cooperating).

Ciela

Aug 20, 2010
Perth
Just wondering if this is essentially just a youtube player without displaying the video?

Meaning.. does it still stream/download both video and audio from the youtube servers, but just play the audio without displaying video? Or does it just stream/download the audio from youtubes servers without the video (less to download etc)

brilldoctor

Aug 6, 2010
Great app. Shame that there is no killers live from the royal albert hall. Would also be nice if the audio at the start of some songs (try a dustland farytale of the importance of being idle) could be removed

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

-SAIUN-

Feb 28, 2010
Just wondering if this is essentially just a youtube player without displaying the video?

Meaning.. does it still stream/download both video and audio from the youtube servers, but just play the audio without displaying video? Or does it just stream/download the audio from youtubes servers without the video (less to download etc)

I'd like to know this also. And if the music comes direct from YouTube's servers or if it has to pass through another or anything, because my plan has unlimited YouTube access and if it's all coming from YouTube I can use as much as I'd like.

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Nice idea....here's a couple of suggestions...I'm on a slow connection...is there the possibility to be able to check "slow connection" or "buffer entire song"? I'd either like it to buffer MORE or the whole song before playing..nothing more annoying then a song that stops every 10 seconds or so to buffer for another minute then 10 more seconds......along those lines I'd suggest buffering song 2 as soon as song 1 finishes downloading......on a fast connection this won't matter but if I'm buffering whole songs it means the 3 minutes or so the song is playing are grabbing the next song for me.

Also, if you are in fact grabbing the video's and stipping off the audio...maybe you want to allow someone to choose quality level....audiophiles may want the audio from the high quality version (360p etc) where people with slowpoke connections may be fine with the "lowfi" version.

You may want a "ban this song" option as well for those getting "live" versions of songs...create a personal blacklist for that one and pull in a new one.

Thanks!

Last edited:

deejaylobo

Feb 22, 2011
Abu Dhabi
I sent you an email through the Market contact but, I'll post it here too.

This app is great! When it works it works brilliant. One annoying gripe though, songs skip randomly and sometimes the app just quits altogether. I'm not sure if it's because of conflicting music apps(I have Tune Wiki and Music 3.0 as well) or what. But the song skipping happens whenever I run another app alongside this one. Like, Whatsapp or MP3 Music Downloader. Just now, it quit when I logged on to the Market. Let me know how I can help.

I have a Nexus S(i9023) currently running Liquid Nexusbread v1.9 with Netarchy 1.3.2 kernel on Android 2.3.4

Top Liked Posts