[Q] Rearth Ringke Slim

Search This thread

mailman64

Dec 2, 2011
alternative to casemate barely there. nice minimal case just too glossy

Last edited:

Nizda1

Nov 12, 2011
Just got the slim also, definitely nice case. The silicone one just wasn't holding up. 2 months of use the case was really loose. Anyway slim cut outs all fine everything good I agree it will probably eventually scratch up but we'll see. Also I really wish they would just sell the case without screen cover etc for atleast what the silicone costs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777

thejanitor86

Nov 24, 2010
St. Augustine, Fl
i have the silicone one. though i bought it when the upper mic hole placement wasn't correct for the ATT version. Just a quick slice with a xacto knife and it was all good though. No echoing from my case.

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
got this a couple of days ago - took some getting used to compared to Casemate barely there, but I like it now. If you need to remove case frequently (I do to use the dock) it's kind of a pain, but aside from that I like it.

rlarsen462

Aug 5, 2011
Villahermosa
i have the silicone one. though i bought it when the upper mic hole placement wasn't correct for the ATT version. Just a quick slice with a xacto knife and it was all good though. No echoing from my case.

What do you mean "wasn't right"? My mic is uncovered (there's a hole for it), but it still echos like crazy with the case on. I am at the point where I might cut the back out of the case just to appease the poor people I talk to on the phone.

33t

Oct 20, 2011
What do you mean "wasn't right"? My mic is uncovered (there's a hole for it), but it still echos like crazy with the case on. I am at the point where I might cut the back out of the case just to appease the poor people I talk to on the phone.

This really doesn't make sense (to me).

rlarsen462

Aug 5, 2011
Villahermosa
It's a known issue with some Galaxy S II's and these kinds of cases...technically I have a defective phone but there's nothing I can really do about it because I can't be without my phone for the length of time it would take to get it fixed.

EpicEric

Oct 4, 2010
Seattle
Order this case on the day the phone was released.

Their site said "for AT&T" so I thought it be all good.

Received the case. Awesome look/feel/fit. Exactly what I was looking for.

Unfortunately the lil mic hole was covered. This case came in the box on the right.

I contacted Rinkge and passive aggressively posted on their Facebook page (Great case!..but looking forward to the new one you’re sending.:D)

2 days later I receive the new case with a lil hole for the mic. This case came in the box on the left.

Unfortunately the hole is aligned incorrectly by a few centimeters. :(

So now I’m like whatever.

camerazoom2012010415400.jpg

Reactions: jasvncnt1

blackice168

Nov 27, 2008
anyone know what the red and black rubber rings are for? I got the case and it came with extra connector plugs and these red and black rings which i cant figure out what they're used for!

Screenshot%202012-02-14%20at%2011.41.jpg

screen shot taken from the rearth site

iteam

Jul 21, 2008
BOSTON
Love It!

I am very picky and like slim cases that slide in and out of a pocket easily and after weeks of searching for the perfect case for me, as not many are available for the I777 for whatever reason, I ordered it, received it promptly, and it did not dissapoint. I love it!! I would reccomened this product to anybody that likes slim cases and an excellent quality product / design. I got it in white and it looks and fits better than I ever expected!;)

Reactions: projekt1

NJGSII

Nov 15, 2011
Howell, NJ
Case is easily one of the best I ever had for a phone. Looks great, doesn't add much thickness at all to the phone. Looks like it almost came with the phone direct from the factory.

Have had no echo problems during phone calls as reported to me by friends.

The only thing I did to the case was removed the headphone jack and micro usb caps as I thought they were ill fitting. All you have to do is just pull at them and they come right off.

Would recommend to anyone on here. Well worth the price.

Funnily enough, The case got hated on by a friend that has none other than......an iPhone 4 lol.

Pseud0logik

Aug 11, 2010
I bought this case less than a month ago. The fit, look, and feel are all excellent but I had a couple of issues right out of the box. For one, there was no cut out for the top mic. Also, the cap for the headphone jack was extremely difficult to remove, so I ended up removing both caps from the case, which definitely detracted from the sleekness of the design.

Yesterday I noticed that the case had cracked in the upper right hand corner. I've only taken it off once since I put it on and haven't dropped or miss-handled it. I sent Rearth a message asking for a replacement. We'll see.

Taking these issues into consideration, I wouldn't recommend it at the $25 price point.

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
I bought this case less than a month ago. The fit, look, and feel are all excellent but I had a couple of issues right out of the box. For one, there was no cut out for the top mic. Also, the cap for the headphone jack was extremely difficult to remove, so I ended up removing both caps from the case, which definitely detracted from the sleekness of the design.

Yesterday I noticed that the case had cracked in the upper right hand corner. I've only taken it off once since I put it on and haven't dropped or miss-handled it. I sent Rearth a message asking for a replacement. We'll see.

Taking these issues into consideration, I wouldn't recommend it at the $25 price point.

Mine has the cutout for the mic, the caps were a breeze to remove, and I take it off and put it back on multiple times a day. Sounds like you got an old/wrong version.

eep2378

Aug 12, 2010
MA
Just ordered this case (Alpine white) based on the positive thoughts here thanks guys. Will give my impressions when I receive it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

sawah

Mar 24, 2010
I would love to hear more little reviews for this case. I have an incipio ngp but the power button is near impossible to push. I'd like to get a slim in black, but I'd love to hear opinions and see peoples pictures.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.rearthusa.com/Galaxy-S-2-ATT-Ringke-Slim-_p_279.html
    there's the link for anyone else who wants to take a look.

I haven't tried this one so I can't help you but I figured i would post the link for you.
    Order this case on the day the phone was released.

Their site said "for AT&T" so I thought it be all good.

Received the case. Awesome look/feel/fit. Exactly what I was looking for.

Unfortunately the lil mic hole was covered. This case came in the box on the right.

I contacted Rinkge and passive aggressively posted on their Facebook page (Great case!..but looking forward to the new one you’re sending.:D)

2 days later I receive the new case with a lil hole for the mic. This case came in the box on the left.

Unfortunately the hole is aligned incorrectly by a few centimeters. :(

So now I’m like whatever.

camerazoom2012010415400.jpg
    Love It!

I am very picky and like slim cases that slide in and out of a pocket easily and after weeks of searching for the perfect case for me, as not many are available for the I777 for whatever reason, I ordered it, received it promptly, and it did not dissapoint. I love it!! I would reccomened this product to anybody that likes slim cases and an excellent quality product / design. I got it in white and it looks and fits better than I ever expected!;)