Got my Xperia Z!!! :)

Search This thread

huball

Nov 29, 2006
Warsaw
Zaaaaaaaaajebista!!! :)

OK, Tell me what you want to know and I'll tell you.
I guess that most of the people are interested in screen quality :p
I have to tell you that I was terrified, when I first turned in on. It looked like the one that I saw i Sony Center. Totaly washed out colors. No blacks etc. Than I changed wallpaper to a picure with lots of black, and Tada!! Beautiful black and contrast!!!!! Sony just changed colors of the whole UI, so there is no black, only gray :D:D:D. Apps and wallpapers look great!

Reactions: Rei Hatsune

XDA mark

Dec 30, 2009
Rotterdam (NL) & Timisoara (RO)

I have to tell you that I was terrified, when I first turned in on. It looked like the one that I saw i Sony Center. Totaly washed out colors. No blacks etc. Than I changed wallpaper to a picure with lots of black, and Tada!! Beautiful black and contrast!!!!! Sony just changed colors of the whole UI, so there is no black, only gray :D:D:D. Apps and wallpapers look great!

Yes, I have seen it myself in real life and can confirm this. The screen looks much better then people expect. Plus that everybody now has their "expectations" set to low, they will be even more impressed. I mean come on, would you really think Sony would put a TERRIBLE display in their flagship? They want to capture the market, you are not going to do that with a terrible screen.

The screen is SHARP, BIG, BEAUTIFUL. Indeed, Sony has chosen a lot of gray instead of black (bottom nav bar + status bar + background in settings). That's not a washed out screen, that's just the colour Sony chose. I can understand people are confused by this, I was as well. But when I saw the screen in real life, I saw that's it's a good screen. Yes, the viewing angles are not as good as the S-LCD3/HD AMOLED screens, but it's not THAT bad as some pictures made you think.

I think that the XZ offers so much that those "not perfect" viewing angles can go to hell

demon9206

+1 xda Mark. I saw the device at CES and didn't believe the guy when he said it was TN. Best looking TN I've ever seen. Looked at some photos online both on my buddys s3 and the Z, and the difference was NOT what you see in pictures.

Before anyone leaves this device because of the screen, take a look IRL first.

huball

Nov 29, 2006
Warsaw
Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361561219074.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361561219074.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,354
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361561237694.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361561237694.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,327
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361561246252.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361561246252.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,414

kuba1410

Mar 7, 2010
Wrocław
Mało powiedziane że zajebista. Niesamowite urządzenie, przyjemnie na nie patrzeć, o używaniu nie wspomne ;)

BTW. Guys, I don't know if that's Polish-distribution specific but we have two screen protectors bundled with the phone. One for front and one for back :)

Yeah, mine came with them too. Did you apply them? Apparently the front is already equipped with a screen protector, why would they add another one?

huball

Nov 29, 2006
Warsaw
Mało powiedziane że zajebista. Niesamowite urządzenie, przyjemnie na nie patrzeć, o używaniu nie wspomne ;)

BTW. Guys, I don't know if that's Polish-distribution specific but we have two screen protectors bundled with the phone. One for front and one for back :)

I read that's a standard on Sony phones

indycar

Apr 10, 2010
Bohinjska Bela
hmmm power (usb) cable has no RC protection :( looks ill stick to my x2 or neo cable than :) when phone hits our market

ps any1 needs sony earphones i have 2many of em already

stefanve

Oct 12, 2005
I read that's a standard on Sony phones

I think that the pre applied ones shouldn't be removed, and are quite thick and difficult to remove. So if the screen protectors in the box have normal thickness my guess is that it is to protect the screen protector from getting scratched. A scratch protector for a scatter protector :)

Reactions: amerikian

marcoplo

Nov 4, 2010
can you check whether i can use 5 pin MHL cable or 11 pin MHL cable ! would be interesting to know !!!!!!

jayman1986

Sep 3, 2010
London
Yeah, mine came with them too. Did you apply them? Apparently the front is already equipped with a screen protector, why would they add another one?

No that its actually a shatter proof sheet supplied on all sony phones for extra protection, screen protector is apparently supposed to go on top of that

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda premium

Fasty12

Aug 22, 2010
Lag?

Any lag, stuttering, or frame drops when opening apps and moving around the UI?

kuba1410

Mar 7, 2010
Wrocław
can you check whether i can use 5 pin MHL cable or 11 pin MHL cable ! would be interesting to know !!!!!!

I am not sure which one I have, I I bought mine in August 2011 I think they used 5-pin cables then (?) - it works with the XZ.

No that its actually a shatter proof sheet supplied on all sony phones for extra protection, screen protector is apparently supposed to go on top of that

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda premium

Thanks. One other thing maybe someone else will know. There is a NFC sticker at the back, how does it go with the back protector?

stefanve

Oct 12, 2005
I am not sure which one I have, I I bought mine in August 2011 I think they used 5-pin cables then (?) - it works with the XZ.

Thanks. One other thing maybe someone else will know. There is a NFC sticker at the back, how does it go with the back protector?

I think you should remove it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Probably it's me, but I screwed up putting on the protectors. Bubbles everywhere. The NFC sensor on the back also creates a bubble as it is raised.

This is just a sticker pointing to where the NFC chips is located, you can safely remove it before applying the screen protector.

Yes, I have seen it myself in real life and can confirm this. The screen looks much better then people expect. Plus that everybody now has their "expectations" set to low, they will be even more impressed. I mean come on, would you really think Sony would put a TERRIBLE display in their flagship? They want to capture the market, you are not going to do that with a terrible screen.

The screen is SHARP, BIG, BEAUTIFUL. Indeed, Sony has chosen a lot of gray instead of black (bottom nav bar + status bar + background in settings). That's not a washed out screen, that's just the colour Sony chose. I can understand people are confused by this, I was as well. But when I saw the screen in real life, I saw that's it's a good screen. Yes, the viewing angles are not as good as the S-LCD3/HD AMOLED screens, but it's not THAT bad as some pictures made you think.

I think that the XZ offers so much that those "not perfect" viewing angles can go to hell
    Any lag, stuttering, or frame drops when opening apps and moving around the UI?

For a few minutes after the first launch. Buttery smooth after that, Even after restarts. This thing is extreamly fast :)
    Found first bug :( Sometimes the keyboard stops vibrating. It returns to normal later. I still didn't figure when :p
    The next thing is, that a lot of 3D games from Google Play are "not compatible with your device". I guess its just the matter of time, until they're updated.

I think you should remove it

Permanently? Won't I lose NFC capability then?