[Q] Snow Leopord's Stock Rom & MHL

Search This thread

alliance1975

Jan 2, 2014
Alliance College
Will Snow Leopards stock AT&T rom located in developers forum restore/provide MHL connection ability?

Edit: Sorry for mispelling your name Snow. It won't happen again.

Last edited:

alliance1975

Jan 2, 2014
Alliance College
which ROM does it not work for you with? Also the adaptor needs to be powered by micro usb , and the order that the cables get connected seems to matter. Connect to phone last, trial and error for other two.

I'm on CM 11-20140104-NIGHTLY-e970

Monitor: ACER AL1917W (DVI connection)
Micro USB-DVI adapter: iKross MHL

Connecting LGOG last indicates no connection. I am certain LGOG is powering since screen remains on.

It is why I ask if returning to SnowLeopords stock rom will restore MHL.

OMGMatrix

Apr 16, 2011

Connecting LGOG last indicates no connection. I am certain LGOG is powering since screen remains on.

You could likely even just use a different AOSP-base rom, no need to go all the way back to 4.1.

I know for a fact that Houstonn's 4.3 PA builds work with MHL, and I believe the official CM10.2 build also work.

Reactions: alliance1975

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011

I can confirm it is working on Beanstalk 4.4 also , using Samsung MHL that came with Infuse.

Reactions: alliance1975

alliance1975

Jan 2, 2014
Alliance College
Do you know what kernel has MHL support for CyanogenMod?

I installed the Beanstalk 4.4 rom which included the slimkat kernel. The mhl worked. I purchased a rocketfish adapter and plugged it into my hdmi tv and all seemed well. Unfortunately my LGOG started to get very hot. I reverted to my old CM 4.4 with cm kernel and heat problem solved but alas no mhl output.

XDFernando

Jan 1, 2014
I installed the Beanstalk 4.4 rom which included the slimkat kernel. The mhl worked. I purchased a rocketfish adapter and plugged it into my hdmi tv and all seemed well. Unfortunately my LGOG started to get very hot. I reverted to my old CM 4.4 with cm kernel and heat problem solved but alas no mhl output.

i dont like overclocked kernels :( another good one with mhL?

alliance1975

Jan 2, 2014
Alliance College
I will be trying cm 10.2 shortly and let you know.

cm10.2 mhl works. Joy.

Edit: Recent developments suggest I was wrong regarding the 10.2 rom. I reinstalled it and it seems to be working fine. I cannot get my dvi monitor to work but my hdmi tv works great. So I must purchase an hdmi monitor in order to have my LGOG serve as my desktop PC.

My thanks to OMGMatrix for suggesting 10.2 as a solution.
@XDFernando, try the 10.2. I think you will find it easy to get along with.

Last edited:

alliance1975

Jan 2, 2014
Alliance College
CM11 MHL Working

I'm pleased to announce that I have reached my goal of replacing my desktop computer with my LGOG. I use bluetooth mouse and keyboard and connect my LGOG to an $80 LED HDTV via MHL adapter. I was inspired by this blog http://www.livingdigitally.net/2012/02/using-a-mobile-device-as-a-desktop-computer.html. YouTube videos now play through MHL without a problem. My thanks to the CM11 post by shellnut. I'm using the latest CM11 nightlies with the gapps-kk-20140105 and 3.4.0-CM+ kernel. Pretty neat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will Snow Leopords stock AT&T rom located in developers forum restore/provide MHL connection ability?

which ROM does it not work for you with? Also the adaptor needs to be powered by micro usb , and the order that the cables get connected seems to matter. Connect to phone last, trial and error for other two.

You could likely even just use a different AOSP-base rom, no need to go all the way back to 4.1.

I know for a fact that Houstonn's 4.3 PA builds work with MHL, and I believe the official CM10.2 build also work.

I can confirm it is working on Beanstalk 4.4 also , using Samsung MHL that came with Infuse.
    CM11 now supports mhl

I upgraded from 10.2 to 11 last night and tried connecting to my hdtv and lo-an-behold it mirrored my LGOG, even rotated the view.