[Recovery][Updated] CWM 6.0.5.0 Recovery for Galaxy Music (all variants)

Do you think the Galaxy Music Should have a subforum?

• Yes

Votes: 49 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
This is an unofficial port of cwm for the galaxy music with SELinux support capable of flashing 4.4 roms. If you want to redistribute it (e.g. a youtube video) give proper credits, post the link to this thread and don't use things like adfly
Disclaimer:
I am not responsible for bricked devices or dead SD cards, your are the one who decided to flash this recovery

Thanks to:
Koushik Dutta: For making this awesome recovery
Dhinesh77 for his device tree for corsica
xda forum

Bugs:
-It only presents some graphical bugs when doing a backup

Changelog
V1
-Initial Port from Galaxy Pocket Plus

V2
-Tryed to fix background image while backing up using stock recovery pictures, however it still looks weird.
-Letters still look too big
-Removed unused pictures

V3
-Made from source
-Letters are now smaller so they can fit the screen

V4
-Made from CM 11.0 source (recovery version 6.0.5.0)
-Added Selinux support to flash KK roms
-Resized again images to let the progress bar visible

Download Link
MEGA: https://mega.nz/#!QQ4xnDpR!2i7sqWDWfd4xpWk3kQRkxeawU7uOUGgctwzTB7vE8Nw
Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7aphnzq8tad49ig/recovery.img?dl=0

How to install
You can use different apps to flash .img files like zit-flasher, flashify, rashr,etc... or you can convert it into a flashable tar.md5 odin file

If you need a recovery.fstab file for flashing the recovery, use this

Installing with ZIT flasher
-Download and install ZIT flasher
-Download the recovery.fstab and CWM's recovery.img and place them somewhere in your phone
-Open ZIT flasher, go to the settings tab, select recovery.fstab and then select the third option (select from phone)
-Then search for the downloaded recovery.fstab and select it
-Then go again to the main tab. In the recovery section select browse and select the downloaded recovery.img
-Finally select flash
-To check if it worked, turn off the device, then turn on while holding volume+ and home buttons.

Last edited:

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
Any one else tried this ond Gt-s6012 ? Galaxy music duos ?

Sent from my GT-S6012 using Tapatalk

You could try, if you are not sure you can backup your stock recovery.img using online nandroid backup and if it doesn't work, then you can reflash your stock recovery

Edit: As far as I know, all the variants of the galaxy music uses the same kind of CPU (BCM21654) so I think it shouldn't have any problem ;)

Last edited:

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
well with some reasearch discovered that kitkat needs cwm 6.0.4 and this port is 6.0.3 sooo... I will have to build from source a new 6.0.4 cwm and then the recovery will be able to flash cm 11. At least this will let me to learn a little about CM:silly:

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
You have flashed cm on ir cell ? Is ur model supported ?

Sadly no :( it isn't supported. I think it is beacuase there aren't devs that have this phone. I love CM and I am very impatient so I'm going to try to build CWM and CM for this. Already started a device tree ;)

Enviado desde mi GT-S6010L mediante Tapatalk

siddarthsmallya

Jul 1, 2013
OnePlus 6

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
Thank you for the recovery. But we dont have a compatible kitkat rom ryt ??? Have u flashed any ??

No, we don't have yet kitkat roms :( but my next step is to build cm 11 for our device, however I think it will take me a lot of time. I will post any new that comes for our device

rahulgaba16

Feb 25, 2011
recovery going back to stock after every restart

i tried every app but the recovery is going back to stock , everytime i restart in recovery mode..
I just wanted to flash cm10.1 but at the first boot in recovery, i am not able to mount sdcard.
Please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an unofficial port of cwm for the galaxy music with SELinux support capable of flashing 4.4 roms. If you want to redistribute it (e.g. a youtube video) give proper credits, post the link to this thread and don't use things like adfly
    Disclaimer:
    I am not responsible for bricked devices or dead SD cards, your are the one who decided to flash this recovery

Thanks to:
    Koushik Dutta: For making this awesome recovery
    Dhinesh77 for his device tree for corsica
    xda forum

Bugs:
    -It only presents some graphical bugs when doing a backup

Changelog
    V1
    -Initial Port from Galaxy Pocket Plus

V2
    -Tryed to fix background image while backing up using stock recovery pictures, however it still looks weird.
    -Letters still look too big
    -Removed unused pictures

V3
    -Made from source
    -Letters are now smaller so they can fit the screen

V4
    -Made from CM 11.0 source (recovery version 6.0.5.0)
    -Added Selinux support to flash KK roms
    -Resized again images to let the progress bar visible

Download Link
    MEGA: https://mega.nz/#!QQ4xnDpR!2i7sqWDWfd4xpWk3kQRkxeawU7uOUGgctwzTB7vE8Nw
    Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7aphnzq8tad49ig/recovery.img?dl=0

How to install
    You can use different apps to flash .img files like zit-flasher, flashify, rashr,etc... or you can convert it into a flashable tar.md5 odin file

If you need a recovery.fstab file for flashing the recovery, use this

Installing with ZIT flasher
    -Download and install ZIT flasher
    -Download the recovery.fstab and CWM's recovery.img and place them somewhere in your phone
    -Open ZIT flasher, go to the settings tab, select recovery.fstab and then select the third option (select from phone)
    -Then search for the downloaded recovery.fstab and select it
    -Then go again to the main tab. In the recovery section select browse and select the downloaded recovery.img
    -Finally select flash
    -To check if it worked, turn off the device, then turn on while holding volume+ and home buttons.
    Thank you for the recovery. But we dont have a compatible kitkat rom ryt ??? Have u flashed any ??

No, we don't have yet kitkat roms :( but my next step is to build cm 11 for our device, however I think it will take me a lot of time. I will post any new that comes for our device

Hi guys, I built a twrp for our device!! but still it can't flash kitkat but sooner I hope it will
    Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52424439
    Update: The recovery now has Full SELinux support so now it can flash kitkat :victory:
    well with some reasearch discovered that kitkat needs cwm 6.0.4 and this port is 6.0.3 sooo... I will have to build from source a new 6.0.4 cwm and then the recovery will be able to flash cm 11. At least this will let me to learn a little about CM:silly:
    You have flashed cm on ir cell ? Is ur model supported ?

Sadly no :( it isn't supported. I think it is beacuase there aren't devs that have this phone. I love CM and I am very impatient so I'm going to try to build CWM and CM for this. Already started a device tree ;)