brainmaster

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2006
Huawei Watch
OnePlus 7T Pro
READ THE LATEST POST!​

Brainmaster's CM9 & Black CM9​

Unbenannt-1.png

This ROM is based on Kalim's CM9 ROM (Thanks Kalim for letting me use it as a base for this MOD) and since I'm on it, I'll try to update it when the Kalim updates his ROM.

The ROM is themed with the Black Infinitum theme (thanks Razer) and contains my tweaks specially customized for the CM9 - can't be found anywhere else.

Inverted ICS Gapps are included.​

Installation:

Full Wipe needed:

- Go to Recovery: mounts and storage, and format /system, /data, /boot, /cache partitions (DON'T use my ROM Wiper tool, it doesn't work on CM9).
- Install the ROM.

Changelog:

Build v1.3:
- Initial Release
- Based on Kalim's CM9 v5
- Black Infinitum theme with Inverted 17.03.2012 Gapps
- Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher included
- Supercharged
- Brainmaster's Tweaks Special CM9 Edition

Build v2.0:
- Based on Kalim's CM9 v6.0
- Optimized Tweaks
- Added FaceUnlock and few Live Wallpapers
- Battery MOD included
- Black CM9 few more changes

Build v3.0:
- Based on Kalim's CM9 v7.0
- Few more Optimizations

Download:
Brainmasters CM9 v3.0
MD5: 8938084187deea571051093e080a4a55
If updating from v2.0 - Just flash, no need to wipe!

Brainmasters Black CM9 v3.0
MD5: e9c2ac009ecd317efe1375134c0e3364

OTA Updates:

If you want to get the notification for the new ROMs, updates over the Internet or Addons, Themes, Patches and Apps, you need to install this app. I also refer to this app as ROM Utility in my posts.

Last edited:

brainmaster

Dec 10, 2006
Huawei Watch
OnePlus 7T Pro
Addons:

- Stock CM9 Kernel for returning when flashing another kernel.

- Trinity Kernels - set of the Trinity Kernels booting @ 1 Ghz can be found on my ROM Utility .

- Stock ICS Gapps - 17.03.2012. Already included in Normal ROM.

- Inverted ICS Gapps - 17.03.2012. Already included in Black ROM. Includes inverted Calendar, Email, Gallery, Genie Widget, Gmail, Keyboard, MMS, GTalk, Market, Voice Search, Play Store and YouTube.

- Google Play Music - 4.1.513. It removes CM9 Music and installs Google Play Music.

- Minimal Icons Theme - install these to get the look like on the Screenshot.

- Metro Icons Theme - great set of icons that can be seen here.

- Minimal Launchers Theme - install these when updating the launchers. Launchers need to be installed as system apps.

Attachments

• GooglePlayMusic.4.1.513.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 675
  • Minimalist_Launchers_CM9.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 574
  • Minimalist_Icons_CM9.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 696
  • Metro_Icons_CM9.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 479
  • CM9.v7.0.KalimochoAz.Kernel.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 777
Last edited:

b1337

Jan 21, 2010
you have out done yourself thank you!! will the inverted gapps apps work on any other roms?

Kitch16

Nov 24, 2011
Thanks Brainmaster.

Will definitely be trying as soon as its finished downloading. Always nice to see new stuff from you xD

gauthier81

May 8, 2011
Chatham
I am having a bit of an issue. I tried to install the Heytell app from the market and it says its not compatible with my device. It has worked on every other rom i have installed. Could this be because its the inverted market? Do you think if i use root explorer and install the stock play store that this might solve this? Thanks

brainmaster

Dec 10, 2006
Huawei Watch
OnePlus 7T Pro
I am having a bit of an issue. I tried to install the Heytell app from the market and it says its not compatible with my device. It has worked on every other rom i have installed. Could this be because its the inverted market? Do you think if i use root explorer and install the stock play store that this might solve this? Thanks

Yes, that could be.

Bandis710

Mar 26, 2008
A modded BM rom is always something to try ! I bet it will be great. Thanks BM for your countless contributions !

Reactions: brainmaster

s1l3nt

Jan 15, 2009
damn it. just finished flashing CM9. This rom is looking good im a big fan of dark themed roms. Will give this a try

Reactions: brainmaster

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    READ THE LATEST POST!​

Brainmaster's CM9 & Black CM9​

Unbenannt-1.png

This ROM is based on Kalim's CM9 ROM (Thanks Kalim for letting me use it as a base for this MOD) and since I'm on it, I'll try to update it when the Kalim updates his ROM.

The ROM is themed with the Black Infinitum theme (thanks Razer) and contains my tweaks specially customized for the CM9 - can't be found anywhere else.

Inverted ICS Gapps are included.​

Installation:

Full Wipe needed:

- Go to Recovery: mounts and storage, and format /system, /data, /boot, /cache partitions (DON'T use my ROM Wiper tool, it doesn't work on CM9).
    - Install the ROM.

Changelog:

Build v1.3:
    - Initial Release
    - Based on Kalim's CM9 v5
    - Black Infinitum theme with Inverted 17.03.2012 Gapps
    - Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher included
    - Supercharged
    - Brainmaster's Tweaks Special CM9 Edition

Build v2.0:
    - Based on Kalim's CM9 v6.0
    - Optimized Tweaks
    - Added FaceUnlock and few Live Wallpapers
    - Battery MOD included
    - Black CM9 few more changes

Build v3.0:
    - Based on Kalim's CM9 v7.0
    - Few more Optimizations

Download:
    Brainmasters CM9 v3.0
    MD5: 8938084187deea571051093e080a4a55

Brainmasters Black CM9 v3.0
    MD5: e9c2ac009ecd317efe1375134c0e3364

OTA Updates:

If you want to get the notification for the new ROMs, updates over the Internet or Addons, Themes, Patches and Apps, you need to install this app. I also refer to this app as ROM Utility in my posts.
    Addons:

- Stock CM9 Kernel for returning when flashing another kernel.

- Trinity Kernels - set of the Trinity Kernels booting @ 1 Ghz can be found on my ROM Utility .

- Stock ICS Gapps - 17.03.2012. Already included in Normal ROM.

- Inverted ICS Gapps - 17.03.2012. Already included in Black ROM. Includes inverted Calendar, Email, Gallery, Genie Widget, Gmail, Keyboard, MMS, GTalk, Market, Voice Search, Play Store and YouTube.

- Google Play Music - 4.1.513. It removes CM9 Music and installs Google Play Music.

- Minimal Icons Theme - install these to get the look like on the Screenshot.

- Metro Icons Theme - great set of icons that can be seen here.

- Minimal Launchers Theme - install these when updating the launchers. Launchers need to be installed as system apps.
    Hi guys, since we now have a working CM9 Theme Chooser and the theme that I was integrating is now available as a Theme Chooser apk here, I don't think that updating this ROM makes sense.

What I'm gonna do is update my Tweaks package for the CM9 and release it in my Tweaks thread.

This will probably happen in the next few days, maybe this evening if I find some time.

So, all you need to do is install the latest Nightly or wait for the Kalim to release a CM9 ROM with the Theme Chooser integrated, download and install the Theme apk and if you want, install my Tweaks.

Even the inverted Apps package is available in the Black Infinitum Theme thread.

I want to say thanks to all the users of my Black CM9 ROM.
    Default wallpaper:

image.jpg

Clock / Weather Widget:

Download the Beautiful Widgets from the GetJar Market (its free over there). and set the following skins for the Weather / Clock in the Home Weather widget:

Vos-Flat White (Weather) + LTTRSclock (Clock).
    Benchmark - v1 with the stock kernel and stock speeds.

v1Benchmark.jpg