Is it worth rooting ?

Search This thread

the sarge

Feb 23, 2013
What do u think is the benefits m8 for rooting the note 7 not worried about voiding warranty ? Just have rooted other devices in the past and haven't seen much difference m8 apart from titanium , sixasis controller etc etc just interested in other views really pleased with the note 7 :)

Sent from my XT1032 using xda premium

jon7701

Aug 4, 2012
With root you can customize the look to whatever you want with xposed plugins, you can backup your apps with titanium backup, you can use audio modifying apps like Viper4Android, better support for 3rd party markets such as aptoide, better access to terminal emulator, you can set custom clock speeds with setcpu or trickster mod. I would say yes its worth it. especially with xposed since its amazing and it allows you to just about anything if you find the right plugins. ;)

ickk

Nov 8, 2011
Tampa, FL
YES, I would argue that a device is not even worth using without root. Root gives you total control over your system allowing your device to be more customizable. With root alone you can use apps like:

titanium backup - backup apps, remove bloatware, create flashable zips, freeze system services, and everything else involving app management.
xposed framework - a framework with modules that give control over android which rivals many ROMs.
Busybox - gives slimmed down version of gnu core libs on android, more advanced alternstives like gnu core libs have also been developed
Botbrew - install a minimal debian over android , adds dpkg/apt support.
GMD gesture control - replace navbar with gestures and create gesture shortcuts on android
Overclocking - Need I say more about how much faster you could make an already fast device?
Adaway, adfree - Quite a few root adblockers
AFWall - block apps from having internet access
Xprivacy module - block all permissions or feed false data.
Gamekiller - can be used to change memory values for game credit integers. Unlimited gold in apps with in app purchases.
DSploit - metasploit for android

Those are just a few things you can do.

the sarge

Feb 23, 2013
Really found ur reply good and interesting especially listing some of the apps I hadent heard off :) what apps r u using on ur note 7 m8 :thumbup:

Sent from my XT1032 using xda premium