[Q] URGENT! bootloop cm11 not recognised by pc in fastboot

Search This thread

acko2011

Jan 31, 2011
followed the regular procedure. unlocked the bootloader via motorola, flash cwm recovery and used it to install cm11 falcon rom. its not stuck on bootloop on the cm logo. i can still access fastboot and recovery but when plugged into usb it makes 3 dongs(low pitch and computer does not find device. tried to reflash stock via moto g allinone tool and it says waiting for device.
please explain it simply, im a noob-didnt make a backup either:(

also, left charging overnight and would not power on at all this morning, no screen, no LED and wouldnt boot to fastboot. fixed by plugging in and holding power for 2 mins

Last edited:

acko2011

Jan 31, 2011
Is there an unkown device in your device manager in windows?
If, then your USB drivers are not installed properly.

device manager>other devices>fastboot falcon s>double click>
device type: other devices
manufacturer: unknown

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

what can i do, i have motorola device manager installed?

acko2011

Jan 31, 2011
device manager>other devices>fastboot falcon s>double click>
device type: other devices
manufacturer: unknown

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

what can i do, i have motorola device manager installed?

it now says android on device manager, but still says could not find device software?

mokkami

Dec 28, 2009
Düsseldorf (DE)

They are still not working?
At the beginning i also had the same problem mit the Motorola Device Manager. And some others also.
Since then i am using koush's Universal ADB drivers without any problem.

Edit:
But maybe it is the same as with the koush driver. I have not tested it afterwards.
You have to istall them from Device Manager manually again.

From device manager install the drivers new, i guess you'll find them in the Motorola Device Manager installation folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coverito

acko2011

Jan 31, 2011
just set this installing, do i need to install it to a specific location?
and can i use the moto allinone tool to flash stock/gpe devices to stop this bootloop?

acko2011

Jan 31, 2011
and can i use the moto allinone tool to flash stock/gpe devices to stop this bootloop?

installed, its now finding the device and says installing device software when running cwm recovery, but still not recognising device in fastboot mode?

mokkami

Dec 28, 2009
Düsseldorf (DE)

No.

Yes. You can restore your GPE device. But atm not the NON-GPE.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

When device in Fastboot mode go to your Device Manager. Install new driver > Go to installation folder of Universal adb driver and search the......ahm, not sure atm......winusb.inf or something.

mokkami

Dec 28, 2009
Düsseldorf (DE)
ive installed, its making a connection on recovery but not fastboot. and in either it still says waiting for device on cmd?
The driver must be installed twice. Once for ADB and once for Fastboot.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

If you have Team viewer i can help you.....if you want.
I'll leave in 15 mins.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Or try what mvs1989 said.

acko2011

Jan 31, 2011
The driver must be installed twice. Once for ADB and once for Fastboot.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

If you have Team viewer i can help you.....if you want.
I'll leave in 15 mins.

im so lost here:( when trying to manually install the driver it says not compatible for the motorola part.

i dont have a teamviewer, what is it and how do i get it?

mokkami

Dec 28, 2009
Düsseldorf (DE)

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

No need to install. When double clicking it ask you if install or just start. Then just start and pm me your connection Number and pw which TV ptrovides you.

EDIT:
Sorry i can not use it here on this PC, it is blocked by the administrator.
But i have the older 8 version. They now offer the Version 9. The versions must be same if connecting.
So either you have to download the 8 version also on that site........or try to install driver as i said.
I did that in the same way on W8.1

Shaftenberg also told in his thread, that the drivers need to be installed twice. !!!Note the file does not need anymore to be modified. The version you downloaded is already updated.

6. let Windows install this driver from koush's directory once in adb mode and once in fastboot mode (two drivers!)

Last edited:

acko2011

Jan 31, 2011
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

No need to install. When double clicking it ask you if install or just start. Then just start and pm me your connection Number and pw which TV ptrovides you.

EDIT:
Sorry i can not use it here on this PC, it is blocked by the administrator.
But i have the older 8 version. They now offer the Version 9. The versions must be same if connecting.
So either you have to download the 8 version also on that site........or try to install driver as i said.
I did that in the same way on W8.1

ill pm you a link, tell me which file i need please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

They are still not working?
    At the beginning i also had the same problem mit the Motorola Device Manager. And some others also.
    Since then i am using koush's Universal ADB drivers without any problem.

Edit:
    But maybe it is the same as with the koush driver. I have not tested it afterwards.
    You have to istall them from Device Manager manually again.

From device manager install the drivers new, i guess you'll find them in the Motorola Device Manager installation folder.