Connect my second phone to smartwatch 2

Search This thread

fredriks

May 31, 2014
If I have understood this right it's not possible to connect with 2 phones. It's possible but you have to reset the watch and pair it with the other phone, everytime you switch between phones.

Skickat via Tapatalk

dersie

Mar 26, 2011
Nancy, Lorraine
When I changed my phone I made a backup from the first, restore on the new and re-paired the SW2 on new phone. I keep all my app, config and data.

So with same app on 2 phone, you can change from one to another no ? maybe not so simple but possible.

ngoonee

Jun 21, 2011
Yes and no. Your reset the watch, but your actual settings for apps and all are in the phone. So each phone can have different smartwatch apps installed and they'll all work separately.

But you can't be connected to both at the same time.

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
Pretty nonsense since every bluetooth headset from sony can pair with two phones/tablet (not at the same time, obviously).
Hope they will fix with an update.

lambstone

Mar 27, 2008
Huawei P20 Pro
Redmi K20 Pro

malinda72

Aug 13, 2010
Bluetooth headset.

Smartwatch.

Spot the difference.

Get yourself a dual-sim phone if its such a big deal.

Please name a power house dual sim smartphone?????????????:mad:

My old sony smartwatch 1 connect when power on. Its searches & connect what ever phone I pair before.

Last edited:

ngoonee

Jun 21, 2011
Please name a power house dual sim smartphone?????????????:mad:

My old sony smartwatch 1 connect when power on. Its searches & connect what ever phone I pair before.

Xiaomi and Huawei both have good ones. And if you're complaining that those aren't 'power house' enough go get a HTC One M8 dual-sim if you can find one. Or an S4 Dual Sim.

Your smartwatch 2 can do the same, effectively. You just can't connect with two phones at the same time.

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
Sony bluetooth headsets like the HBH-DS970 and the MW600 can connect to 2 or more phones, but to do that, you have to switch profiles on the headset (with a switch or setting)

the SW2 doesn't have that profile switch and therefor cannot support 2 phones

i doubt it's an 'issue' they will fix, good luck asking Sony :)

Last edited:

malinda03

Dec 15, 2008
Xiaomi and Huawei both have good ones. And if you're complaining that those aren't 'power house' enough go get a HTC One M8 dual-sim if you can find one. Or an S4 Dual Sim.

Your smartwatch 2 can do the same, effectively. You just can't connect with two phones at the same time.

Im having LG G Flex!!!

I ask one phone at a time!!!

ngoonee

Jun 21, 2011
Im having LG G Flex!!!

I ask one phone at a time!!!

Then just re-pair when you switch phones. My wife sometimes uses my watch, so she installs whatever apps she wants, then when I pass the watch to her she just does a reset and re-pair, works fine.

Its not functionally any different from how the MN2 works.

And please, what's with the exclamation marks?