[CM9] Iconia ICS Project

Search This thread

masr1979

Apr 5, 2006
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
I'm pretty sure this from works differently and doesn't use the /etc/install.recovery.sh. I ended up setting the script to run at boot with root privledges with script manager. Working great for me so far.

Care to further elaborate on settings you're using and such? The fact that the minisd2internal swap wasn't working was making me consider going back. I'm not too well versed in the use of script manager.

*edit* NVM, got it :D... pretty self explanatory *edit*

Last edited:

PeteSeiler2010

Aug 24, 2010
Mechanicsburg
Would you happen to know the proper procedure for reverting back to the ICS Leak or HC? I Found a link describing how to revert to HC from the ICS Leak, someone tried that for CM9 and ended up with a brick. Any information is greatly appreciated. (I am not planning on doing it, I am loving CM9, I just want to know if there is a way)

.Gibson.

Mar 24, 2012
Chicago
Care to further elaborate on settings you're using and such? The fact that the minisd2internal swap wasn't working was making me consider going back. I'm not too well versed in the use of script manager.

*edit* NVM, got it :D... pretty self explanatory *edit*

I'm glad you got it working. I just set the Su and Boot options and the swap is done a few seconds after screen unlock.

sv7007

Apr 15, 2012
ok So after getting this rom installed How do I get my google account info back on the tablet? it did not run the setup for my account info or timezone or anything for that matter.

awesome boot animation though!

.Gibson.

Mar 24, 2012
Chicago
ok So after getting this rom installed How do I get my google account info back on the tablet? it did not run the setup for my account info or timezone or anything for that matter.

awesome boot animation though!

Did you install the gapps? Here I usually flash rom, then flash gapps. That way when you first start, it will send you through the setup.

Reactions: sv7007

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
Would you happen to know the proper procedure for reverting back to the ICS Leak or HC? I Found a link describing how to revert to HC from the ICS Leak, someone tried that for CM9 and ended up with a brick. Any information is greatly appreciated. (I am not planning on doing it, I am loving CM9, I just want to know if there is a way)

you can definetly go back to the ics leak. problem is...ppl are downgrading to honeycomb incorrectly...

but having an unlocked bootloader and proper source cwm...i dont advise flashing stock..ever....lol

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

dcooterfrog

Dec 12, 2008
It does, but I don't know if the external sdcard needs to be mounted for the script to work or what because I was unable to get it to work using in init.d. Come boot time my internel storage was mounted as internal and external.

If you find a cleaner solution please share with us.
stupid question couldn't you put a long sleep in the script so it waits until everything is loaded / mounted

.Gibson.

Mar 24, 2012
Chicago
stupid question couldn't you put a long sleep in the script so it waits until everything is loaded / mounted

Certainly not stupid and I tried that. The script will stop the boot process until it is done running. I also tried putting an "&" at the end of the file name in init.d to run it in the background during boot and still the swap never happened with a long sleep.

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
So can just flash the ICS leak through CWM without a hitch? Just being extra cautious.

Sent from my A100 using XDA

what everyone is forgetting is the ics leak is a stock image...dont flash it with cwm.

put update.zip on external sd and boot recovery...should pickup from bootloader before recovery and flash it properly.

again tho..i personally dont recommend relocking your bootloader but everyone is free to flash what he pleases lol

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
what everyone is forgetting is the ics leak is a stock image...dont flash it with cwm.

put update.zip on external sd and boot recovery...should pickup from bootloader before recovery and flash it properly.

again tho..i personally dont recommend relocking your bootloader but everyone is free to flash what he pleases lol

I upgraded from the 009 to the 012 leak (before the CM9 on my tab now of course :) ) through CWM by deleting the bootloader.blob and all mentions of recovery from the zip and it went fine. Perhaps the same might work from CM9

Reactions: aszelinski

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
I upgraded from the 009 to the 012 leak (before the CM9 on my tab now of course :) ) through CWM by deleting the bootloader.blob and all mentions of recovery from the zip and it went fine. Perhaps the same might work from CM9

yes see..u were smart :-D that cant be said for everybody :'(

that said tho once official lands the roms will flow...and being stock will be no more lol

mugna91

Jan 2, 2012
I think that there is a problem with battery.. see below.. :(
EDIT in 4 minutes I have lose about 4% of battery! 30%->26%, maybe is an app... i will do more tests in next days..

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334975188745.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334975188745.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
yes see..u were smart :-D that cant be said for everybody :'(

that said tho once official lands the roms will flow...and being stock will be no more lol

Tell me about it, once we get a source drop from Acer devs can finally get some kernels on this thing, making this brilliant CM9 ROM even better, PS any updates on a second alpha? :)

Sent from my A100 using xda premium

Reactions: ptesmoke

Top Liked Posts