Samsung galaxy note 2 - 4.4.2 ROM bluetooth does not work well!

Search This thread

Jackal107

Dec 23, 2013
4.4.2 ROM bluetooth does not work well!
Phone connected to the bluetooth headset is not working well. Sometimes the connection is lost!
4.3 ROM is not such a problem.
Does anyone have a similar problem?
Can anyone help?

Reactions: ivan_109

dawolverune

Nov 22, 2010
Phone connected to the bluetooth headset is not working well. Sometimes the connection is lost!
Can anyone help?

i had a similar problem but with my car's bluetooth. i cleared up my contact listed and the problem was resolved.
here is where i found the solution: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2646592&page=2

hope you come right.

Reactions: Jackal107

onurcandan

Feb 28, 2009
Please help, after 4.4.2 with my note 2, bluetooth headset connection quality got crappy. I cant walk away from my phone more than 1 meter. Anyone experiencing this problem????

khmadhu

Mar 31, 2013
I too have same problem!!

Whats wrong with samsung!!, sometime Wifi problem and sometime bluetooth.:silly::silly:

earlier I was on 4.1.2 and it was working good with my jabra clipper bluetooth headset, after updating to 4.4.2 it sucks!.

according to my observation,

The OS is trying to save battery by limiting the bluetooth signal strength!, and the same problem with wifi also.:silly:

Looking for a workaround. If i find any will post for sure.:cool:

Frank67

Apr 10, 2005
Cologne
I have the same issue with my Note 2 after update to 4.4.2..

It seems to be a distance problem with my headset, every distance more than 50 cm creates
sound break up´s .. In my car the phone has a fixed place, it happens too, but not this much.
Maybe it is caused by a lower power managment for BT after update ?!

Found some others having the same issue e.g. here
http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...nge-extremely-dropped-after-4-4-2-update.html

cryss17

Jan 1, 2010
Bucharest
I have the same issue with my Note 2 after update to 4.4.2..

It seems to be a distance problem with my headset, every distance more than 50 cm creates
sound break up´s .. In my car the phone has a fixed place, it happens too, but not this much.
Maybe it is caused by a lower power managment for BT after update ?!

Hi
and have the same problem with the bluetooth, the phone in my pocket, Samsung headphones on the head and lose the music signal, conclusion .... android version
Before to upgrade I had 4.3 and works very well and now I upgraded to 4.4.2 my Note 2 with Phantom_V7.0 and work awesome but has a minus....... the bluetooth signal gets lost and it's not about the power,for ex i have battery with 4200 mAh
I will continue to keep looking this problem and I will return

Max_19312

May 20, 2013
Seems like the problem is solved.

Hey guys!
It seems to me I’ve found the solution!
But firstly, a few words about the problems I’ve got…
I have Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and, when I decided to replace my old Plantronics Discovery 975 with their Voyager Edge, it had installed Android 4.3.
Both events, start using the new Bluetooth devise and upgrading to KitKat (4.4.2) occurred almost simultaneously, so it was pretty difficult to recognize what was the source of the problems that I run into – hardware/firmware issues of Voyager Edge or KitKat’s quirks. The problems were the following:

- Poor Bluetooth connection that resulted in distorted sound (not always, but often) thru the headset.
- Regularly losing the ability to use various Edge’s features, such as calling back to the last number, checking the battery status, recognizing who's calling, etc.
- Note’s battery drained badly – instead of 50-60% left at the end of the day, I got 10%...

I spoke several times with Plantronics support, but they ended advising me to replace the headset. I have neither found the specific solution in the internet and it was even reported that the factory reset would hardly help. So, that was almost the dead-end. But there was one pretty weird solution that helped to some people – deleting the duplicates in the phone’s contact list. But, since I had NO duplicates, it didn’t seem to be helpful. But then, I noticed one very strange detail – during the moments when Edge worked properly it correctly pronounced the names from my phone book, even tho some of them were quite unusual for English speaking "robot". ;) All of them, but one – my mother’s record, which was a simple “Mom”, but when she called me, the Edge’s notification was definitely not “calling from mom”…

So, I just renamed “mom” to “mother”!

Guys, can you believe that, but ALL the problems (both phone’s and headset’s) have just gone! I’ve been using it for almost a week already and it’s OK. So, you may check your contact list, whether it sounds correctly.
Well, one issue left – weird/funny bug of the Edge’s firmware – start playing music when you take it off the cradle. (2 latest firmware updates didn’t cure that…). I just long press the voice button on the Edge to pause it. Not a big deal, to be honest.

Oh, just one last note – since Voyager Edge cannot be rebooted you can do the following if/when you neither hear the music (!), nor the report that the headset is connected when you take it off the cradle. Just long press the Call button on the headset (in my case it runs Note’s S-voice) and then everything works just fine. (Checked twice.)

Hope that this will help you too.

Cheers,
Max

harvey186

May 14, 2010
Hi Max,
nice story, but I can't belive that this entry or change of entry will make the BT signal better. :confused:

cheers
Harvey

Max_19312

May 20, 2013
Hi Max,
nice story, but I can't belive that this entry or change of entry will make the BT signal better. :confused:

cheers
Harvey

Hi Harvey,

Absolutely the same reaction was mine, when I read the comment by dawolverune (see page 1 of this thread). How deleting duplicate contacts might help…
Well, if assume that I tell the truth (and I actually do! :) ), then the solution may be explained in 2 ways: a) logical – I’ve been hammering with all this stuff for almost a week and nothing helped until I renamed that single contact and then, it just start working and b) technical – since Voyager Edge pronounced the wrong name it means that it took it from somewhere, but definitely from the wrong place and this might require extra “efforts” from the Bluetooth receiver/transmitter, etc. This indeed may result in abnormal behavior of the devise and “eating” the battery. If re-phrase the title of S. Coppola’s movie – here we had “Lost in Bluetooth” case. :)
Cheers,
Max

ivan_109

Nov 17, 2014
hack fix

Can anyone help?

Am guessing someone has a fix to this issue by now, if so let everyone know

if not i just tried a hack that seems to work. when facing crackling/distortion of audio on Note2 just switch on the WiFi hotspot and range seems to improve

hope it helps......plzz educate about downsides of this hack

harvey186

May 14, 2010
Am guessing someone has a fix to this issue by now, if so let everyone know

if not i just tried a hack that seems to work. when facing crackling/distortion of audio on Note2 just switch on the WiFi hotspot and range seems to improve

hope it helps......plzz educate about downsides of this hack

cool, it seems, that this hack is working :)
Thx

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
Can anyone help?

I have the Exact Problem, and no one seems to have a solution to this. Did u find any by any chance ??
Thanks

May 24, 2013
SOLUTION OF BLUETOOTH DROPPING after 4.4.2 update

Yo !
I found the solution. No one has to downgrade Note 2 (N7100) to Jelly-bean in order to fix the Bluetooth range and WiFi dropping issue.
The fault is with the latest update from Samsung itself, May be it is a tactic to make people shift to the newer phones.(who knows) !
Anyway the solution to this problem is to Flash it with Odin it a previous release of 4.4.2.
In my case which is from the INU (India) region the release of August that is 29.08.2014 is a faulty update.
So i downloaded the older one and flashed it.. then everything worked perfectly as if the phone was new :p
Here is how to do it:- [BACKUP YOUR PHONE WITH KIES 3]
1. Check your version from *#1234#, Compare the version with Near August version of your Region. If it is same you better change it to get a way better performance.
2. Look up the earlier ROM version released from samsung-updated .com , http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-N7100&details=Galaxy_Note_2__International , I personally flashed it with the first version of Kit-Kat that came for note 2 in INU region. on the 8th April (08.04.2014).
3. Download ODIN http://www.mediafire.com/download/mbvtjub21ehsxrl/Note+2+Odin.zip
4. Install Samsung USB drivers http://www.mediafire.com/download/9qaqkld45387lzi/Skyrocket_GSII_ADB_Drivers.zip
[IF THE LINKS DON'T WORK then GOOGLE THEM AND INSTALL]
5. Power off your Samsung Note 2.
6. Hold Volume Down, Power, and Home Buttons at the same time. You will enter the ODIN DOWNLOAD MODE on your phone.
7. Press Volume up to Continue. It will Show "Downloading" "do not power off"
8. Connect your device to the PC where you have put ODIN and the md5 file (Firmware you want to flash with)
9. It will show connected to your device name on the top left of ODIN which means that it recognizes your device.
Click on PDA and select the firmware that u downloaded to flash Note 2 with.
It will lag for a few seconds but let it take its time.
When it is done. [Refer Image attached]
10. Press Start [It will take around 5 minutes, 3 minutes give or take]
11. It will Automatically Reboot your phone. Do not disconnect the USB cable.
After the boot is Complete ODIN will show a PASS on the left Side. Which means that the Flashing Process has been a Success.
If it shows fail then Repeat the process from STEP 6 all the way till STEP 11.
{ RECOVERY STEPS:- this will wipe all your data}
[Also, If device is Stuck at setup connection or on any other process, then disconnect your Note 2 from PC, close Odin, remove phone’s battery and put it back inside AFTER 5 seconds, press Volume up, Home key and Power key at the same time, When the Logo comes then Leave the Power button but keep pressing the other 2. Wait for it to show MANUAL MODE. Select Wide Data and Factory reset with Volume down and press power to continue, Then again wipe Cache.
Select Reboot . Now it should work perfectly.
CAUTION :- DO THIS AT UR OWN RISK.

Attachments

• Odin-3.09.png
    Odin-3.09.png
    81 KB · Views: 266

RayTrue04

Oct 27, 2010
Hartford, CT
I'm thinking this might have to do with Samsung dropping the Bluetooth version from 4.0 back to 2.0. I have no idea why they would do that but I've been wondering why my phone listed version 2.0 when the specs for this phone always said version 4.0. As you can see my debug screen shows it as version 2 and not 4.0. My Edge shows 4.0 on that same screen. I can't recall if older builds for the Note 2 had 4.0 listed but I believe they did and kitkat lowered it. Guess that's their trick to get people to upgrade, break things on our phones quietly...

Sent from my SM-N915P using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1418495167875.jpg
    1418495167875.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 263

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can anyone help?
    Can anyone help?

i had a similar problem but with my car's bluetooth. i cleared up my contact listed and the problem was resolved.
    here is where i found the solution: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2646592&page=2

hope you come right.