[Q] Problem with booting roms htc amaze 4g

Search This thread

zebediah101

Nov 23, 2013
Hey Guys,

I have a rooted htc amaze 4g i rooted, s-on with Hasoon2000 tool. I currently have the clockworkmod recovery installed but have also installed team wins recovery and 4ext recovery in the past trying to figure out my problem but to no avail. Im currently running the newest version stock ruu for tmobile. I have been having the issue of getting my phone to boot my roms properly and cant figure out why. I have installed CM10 rom and The viper rom. for the amaze and both roms do the same thing. During flashing of the zip files in recovery everything seems to work fine with both roms and install properly. Once installed and i go to reboot the phone, it will get stuck on the boot screen of whichever rom I installed and never actually boots the phone fully. Im at a loss and have many hours trying to get the roms to boot but i can not figure out why both roms always get stuck on boot screen. The viper rom will flash my capacitative buttons on the bottom and vibrate periodically but still wont get past the boot screen, Sorry if i left out any information out or if im making a newbie mistake (which im hoping for). I have an understanding of things but im no expert by any means, just let me know if you need to know more.

Thanks!

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
Hey Guys,

I have a rooted htc amaze 4g i rooted, s-on with Hasoon2000 tool. I currently have the clockworkmod recovery installed but have also installed team wins recovery and 4ext recovery in the past trying to figure out my problem but to no avail. Im currently running the newest version stock ruu for tmobile. I have been having the issue of getting my phone to boot my roms properly and cant figure out why. I have installed CM10 rom and The viper rom. for the amaze and both roms do the same thing. During flashing of the zip files in recovery everything seems to work fine with both roms and install properly. Once installed and i go to reboot the phone, it will get stuck on the boot screen of whichever rom I installed and never actually boots the phone fully. Im at a loss and have many hours trying to get the roms to boot but i can not figure out why both roms always get stuck on boot screen. The viper rom will flash my capacitative buttons on the bottom and vibrate periodically but still wont get past the boot screen, Sorry if i left out any information out or if im making a newbie mistake (which im hoping for). I have an understanding of things but im no expert by any means, just let me know if you need to know more.

Thanks!

i think you might have S-on boot into fastboot and list us everything there please!

zebediah101

Nov 23, 2013
i think you might have S-on boot into fastboot and list us everything there please!

Sorry if im misunderstanding you but i do have s-on as it says in bootloader. I booted into boot loader, selected fastboot and the contents are as follows:

*** Unlocked ***
Ruby PVT SHIP S-ON RL
Hboot-1.93.0002
eMMC-boot

Fastboot
Recovery
Factory Reset
Clear Storage
SimLock
Image CRC

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
so yeah that's a easy fix, your gonna want to take a file out of the Rom (CM10.zip) its going to be called Boot.img and your going to put on your SD card of the phone along with the ROM and the preferred gapps if you want one. your going to need to flash these in this order
Boot.img >CM10.zip >Gapps! if you were to get s-off you don't need to do this you can flash stuff normally.

zebediah101

Nov 23, 2013
so yeah that's a easy fix, your gonna want to take a file out of the Rom (CM10.zip) its going to be called Boot.img and your going to put on your SD card of the phone along with the ROM and the preferred gapps if you want one. your going to need to flash these in this order
Boot.img >CM10.zip >Gapps! if you were to get s-off you don't need to do this you can flash stuff normally.

Do I take the original rom that i extracted the files from, compress the boot img, then compress the remaining files back into the cm10.zip minus the boot and flash in order? Or do i just extract the boot img out of cm10.zip and compress it to zip and flash, then do the same flash with an unaltered version of cm10.zip in proper order?

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
Do I take the original rom that i extracted the files from, compress the boot img, then compress the remaining files back into the cm10.zip minus the boot and flash in order? Or do i just extract the boot img out of cm10.zip and compress it to zip and flash, then do the same flash with an unaltered version of cm10.zip in proper order?

No no no no your making it hard on yourself bro, zips are a little like folders but when you drag stuff out of it, it copys the file instead of moving it, not all flashes have to be .zip types like I said before go into the cm10.zip with winrar or 7zip and take out boot.img flash the boot.IMG and then the ROM followed by the gapps after, its a good question to ask, if I knew was much as I know about winrar before started flashing roms I would have asked the same thing

Last edited:

zebediah101

Nov 23, 2013
No no no no your making it hard on yourself bro, zips are a little like folders but when you drag stuff out of it, it copys the file instead of moving it, not all flashes have to be .zip types like I said before go into the cm10.zip with winrar or 7zip and take out boot.img flash the boot.IMG and then the ROM followed by the gapps after, its a good question to ask, if I knew was much as I know about winrar before started flashing roms I would have asked the same thing

Okay, i have a few updates. First off i changed my recovery from clockwork to ext cuz i read on another thread 4ext is what i wanted for my scenario with s-on. Secondly i got teamveoms rom 1.7.2.3 which they fixxed the flashing of faux123 kernel and tried flashing again. I

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
Okay, i have a few updates. First off i changed my recovery from clockwork to ext cuz i read on another thread 4ext is what i wanted for my scenario with s-on. Secondly i got teamveoms rom 1.7.2.3 which they fixxed the flashing of faux123 kernel and tried flashing again. I

you can use any custom recovery with S-on you just need to take out the boot.img for every rom you want to flash, if you dont want to do this every time you need to get S-off, i think you can flash Sense Roms with s-on without the boot.img

(oh and sorry about not noticing that you have s-on in your first post, i was sort of skimming!)

zebediah101

Nov 23, 2013
you can use any custom recovery with S-on you just need to take out the boot.img for every rom you want to flash, if you dont want to do this every time you need to get S-off, i think you can flash Sense Roms with s-on without the boot.img

im sorry I didn't realize that my post didn't post all the way idk what happened there. I do have team venom
(oh and sorry about not noticing that you have s-on in your first post, i was sort of skimming!)

I'm sorry I didn't realize that my post didn't post all the way. I did get teamvenom 1.7.2.3 installed properly once the faux kernel installed like it should during aroma installer and its runnin good. I do like it but would like to try a few more roms for sure before I decide. I did try and do exactly what you said with extractin the boot.img out of cm10 and flashing them seperately with the boot.img flashed 1st then cm10zip second and I am still having the same problem. The HTC screen pops up first then the cryanogenmod boot screen and it gets stuck there. I used to have the same problem the tv 1.7.2.1 andd I then got the updated 1.7.2.3 version which fixxed the faux kernel flashing issue and after that it installed properly. But I still get the same problem with cm10. Sorry if i'm a pest just want me a jellybean Rom! Lol

Last edited:

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
I'm sorry I didn't realize that my post didn't post all the way. I did get teamvenom 1.7.2.3 installed properly once the faux kernel installed like it should during aroma installer and its runnin good. I do like it but would like to try a few more roms for sure before I decide. I did try and do exactly what you said with extractin the boot.img out of cm10 and flashing them seperately with the boot.img flashed 1st then cm10zip second and I am still having the same problem. The HTC screen pops up first then the cryanogenmod boot screen and it gets stuck there. I used to have the same problem the tv 1.7.2.1 andd I then got the updated 1.7.2.3 version which fixxed the faux kernel flashing issue and after that it installed properly. But I still get the same problem with cm10. Sorry if i'm a pest just want me a jellybean Rom! Lol

hmmm i do not know what todo at this point, i think you wanna take it to the official forms for the device, sorry mate.

Edit: maybe try a Sense rom first? also what version of CWM did you have before? only X.x.x is important to know.