[ROM | ZTE OPEN] FFOS 1.2 multilanguage - upgradeable through B2G nightlies

Search This thread

paziusss

Jan 3, 2014
Hello again:

Build B2G for ZTE Open (inari) is tricky. People who want to develop applications with firefox's app-manager extension need to wait for ZTE upgrades or build their own system, which involves some permission modifications in boot.img and some tweaking to recover the bootanimation (lost on custom builds) among other things.

But hey, I've build a production pre-release of firefox os 1.2, and so far so good :), and I like to share it with you via a flashable .zip file. Remember this file can be installed ONLY from CWM recovery, cause its not signed

features:

Version 1.2-prerelease (user release):

• Build with blobs from version 1.1.0B02 (also known as 1.1.0B06) for ZTE Open (EU version)
  • Multilanguage - upgradeable through B2G nightlies (for both gecko & gaia)
  • Compatible with firefox app-manager (firefox 26+)
  • Includes su & busybox binaries ( busybox is linked with clear, grep, head, less, lsmod, more, nohup, pidof, ping, printf, pstree, sysctl, tail, telnetd, tftpd, traceroute, uname & usleep, for debugging via adb)
  • No carrier branding, just official firefox os branding :)
  • Fastboot enabled | ADB rooted
  • does *NOT* overwrite your recovery partition (you won't loose CWM recovery :))

known bugs: isn't a bug but a security feature: "ADB should not be allowed to connect when device is locked in production builds"

FAQ:

• I'm on version 1.x.y of 'some-carrier' build, Will this zip work in my case: Yes, only and just only if you have CWM installed.

• There are a lot of strange files inside .zip, why ? this is because ZTE provides upgrades with radio & bootloader firmware (incompatibles between versions) If I want to support this ROM I need to make sure everyone have the same version ( the version that matches with the blobs :))

Of course, YOUR WARRANTY IS VOID, and if you brick your phone , this is NOT MY FAULT

the link to the zip file: ul.to/2jwkruhj

Feedback is welcome

Last edited:

martin_s5670

Feb 20, 2012
Berlin
Hello again:

Build B2G for ZTE Open (inari) is tricky. People who want to develop applications with firefox's app-manager extension need to wait for ZTE upgrades or build their own system, which involves some permission modifications in boot.img and some tweaking to recover the bootanimation (lost on custom builds) among other things.

But hey, I've build a production pre-release of firefox os 1.2, and so far so good :), and I like to share it with you via a flashable .zip file. Remember this file can be installed ONLY from CWM recovery, cause its not signed

Feedback is welcome

Runs great, I will use your build to test and mod some apps with the app-manager.
And please, stay at this good work (updates etc?!)
---edited:
Is your build a development build (of FFOS 1.2)? I cant't open certified apps with the app-manager (I have changed the pref "devtools.debugger.forbid-certified-apps" to false in my profile. But there is no certified app to see or to open in the app-manager. If not, can you - or somebody else - build this development build of FFOS 1.2?

Last edited:

ryanolson7

Sep 10, 2009
Syracuse
ROM is pretty stable. I don't know if I'm the only one having this issue, but it looks like my data is connecting but then it isn't working. I'm connected to AT&T right now. When I pull down the notification bar, I see that I am getting an "H" (HSPA+) signal but if I try to open firefox and hit a site, it says I'm not connected to the internet.

I'm aware that this is in a prerelease state but do you know how I could fix this?

paziusss

Jan 3, 2014
@martin_s5670: AFAIK there are three types of builds: engineer builds, userdebug builds and user builds. This is an user build, but you can also test privilegied (aka certified) apps on it. If you want to see your installed system apps I'm sorry but you can't do it in this way :(
@ryanolson7: could you please test your connection via a ping

adb shell
ping www.google.com

if you can't reach google, then I would appreciate if you paste somewhere your logcat in this way:

adb logcat | grep RIL > file.log

and just deactivate data, wait a few seconds, and activate it again.

---

I'll do some further tests on this branch (because some blobs may change from 1.0.1) but here in Spain both 3G & 2G data seems to works well, need to find a place with HSPA+.

Are you in the USA? I'm asking because this rom is based in open_eu release ( AFAIK they are the same except for radio capabilities )

Thanks for the feedback :)

g2rp

Sep 8, 2010
Great Job!

Thanks! Tried and working. I have even received a update, and still working smooth!

erik_tran

Jan 26, 2014
can you tell me about the creating this ROM process?

I'm using US rom, I just want to use these blobs to make a custom builds, but flashing all the images bricked my phone. Can you explain me about the steps you did to package this ROM?

LinuxHolic

Jun 16, 2013
Need FF OS 1.3

Can anyone please provide me zip file of FF OS 1.3?

Last edited:

asdf2a3

Mar 30, 2014
Japanese?

Could someone enable the Japanese keyboard and provide a ROM? I can explain how to do it, just can't build for it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello again:

features:

Version 1.2-prerelease (user release):

• Build with blobs from version 1.1.0B02 (also known as 1.1.0B06) for ZTE Open (EU version)
    • Multilanguage - upgradeable through B2G nightlies (for both gecko & gaia)
    • Compatible with firefox app-manager (firefox 26+)
    • Includes su & busybox binaries ( busybox is linked with clear, grep, head, less, lsmod, more, nohup, pidof, ping, printf, pstree, sysctl, tail, telnetd, tftpd, traceroute, uname & usleep, for debugging via adb)
    • No carrier branding, just official firefox os branding :)
    • Fastboot enabled | ADB rooted
    • does *NOT* overwrite your recovery partition (you won't loose CWM recovery :))

known bugs: isn't a bug but a security feature: "ADB should not be allowed to connect when device is locked in production builds"

FAQ:

• I'm on version 1.x.y of 'some-carrier' build, Will this zip work in my case: Yes, only and just only if you have CWM installed.

• There are a lot of strange files inside .zip, why ? this is because ZTE provides upgrades with radio & bootloader firmware (incompatibles between versions) If I want to support this ROM I need to make sure everyone have the same version ( the version that matches with the blobs :))

Of course, YOUR WARRANTY IS VOID, and if you brick your phone , this is NOT MY FAULT

the link to the zip file: ul.to/2jwkruhj

Feedback is welcome