S4 forums are slowly dying

Search This thread

egren58

Jul 19, 2011
Seems like we are losing all of our devs. :/ I'm actually fully stock and don't have a reason to root. Looking for miui rom to try since everything is already back dated only 2 or 3 4.4. Roms

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Android_Monsters

Feb 2, 2012
Los Angeles
Compare it with the s5 forums. The fact that I can flash nightlies here that are getting close to laffy taffy is preventing me from switching.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Karakoram2

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
This happens to every device when the next model comes out.

But there will be a resurgence in about 6 months when the S4 prices drop significantly like the previous model always does. More poeple will flock to the S4 at the cheaper price and start flooding the forums again. I've seen this happen here with my last 2 phones.

Hell, even the S3 forums still have activity. Even my old HTC MyTouch 4G is still having ROM's updated for it. And that's like a 4 year old device.

Also, the T Mobile variant forums are dying because ROMs are now being dev'ed for generic compatibility with the T Mobile version adn the i9505 version. Look at teh 9505 forums and you will see a lot more activity, a lot of which still pertains to the T Mobile version.

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC

But there will be a resurgence in about 6 months when the S4 prices drop significantly like the previous model always does. More poeple will flock to the S4 at the cheaper price and start flooding the forums again. I've seen this happen here with my last 2 phones.

Hell, even the S3 forums still have activity. Even my old HTC MyTouch 4G is still having ROM's updated for it. And that's like a 4 year old device.

Also, the T Mobile variant forums are dying because ROMs are now being dev'ed for generic compatibility with the T Mobile version and the i9505 version. Look at the 9505 forums and you will see a lot more activity, a lot of which still pertains to the T Mobile version.

Except for WiFi calling, as they are all based on 9505. I am using slimKitkat as a multiboot ROM only because of that.

On that subject, if you all have not seen it, check out the duelboot thread over there (the OP is in US on Tmo) and if you are bored, look and the list of ROMs that can be patched and installed on you phone - up to 5 at the same time. You can have a full functional TMo modded ROM as primary and experiment with others at the same time.

Last edited:

faiyo

Jul 11, 2011
Definitely go to the international forums. And don't think it will constantly decline. International users make some of the best devs. They will definitely have nice surprises for the coming years.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Also, the T Mobile variant forums are dying because ROMs are now being dev'ed for generic compatibility with the T Mobile version adn the i9505 version. Look at teh 9505 forums and you will see a lot more activity, a lot of which still pertains to the T Mobile version.
    Compare it with the s5 forums. The fact that I can flash nightlies here that are getting close to laffy taffy is preventing me from switching.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app