Moto X 4.4.3 "Improved Camera Quality" Claims True?

Search This thread

devilsdouble

Nov 26, 2013
New Delhi
You people are wrong, yet the galaxy s4 uses a 13mpx SONY RS sensor, lacks in low light conditions even further than moto X would, the omnivision sensor placed on moto x it's capable of shooting 2k-4k real videos, I think moto x camera need heavy efforts in development by lenovo in this case, they can achieve wide benefits from the clear pixel technology, some algorithms an improved camera app and a better image processing would put the moto X in the top of g
High end phones with great and no regrets cameras.
Yeah this is right. S4's low light performance was sub par. Still being said that if Moto X's camera was like S4 I would be dancing. X's below average consistency for day shots and absolutely horrible focus motor just puts this camera really low in the rank. It is two generations behind, S2 shots which I took two years ago looks better than this, really sad. I would gladly have taken an average Sony sensor than this Omnivision or whatever sensor is this...

All these namings are nonsense too. ClearPixel, Ultrapixel, BS. Z2 or S5 or Lumia's camera don't need any fancy naming to take good photos. I hope X+1 will have a non fancy sensor with a non funny name.

Last edited:

overthatscreen

Mar 15, 2010
I can confirm that I now use the camera more than before thanks to the update. Low light quality has improved drastically. I had an S4 and hated the camera shutter lag. The shutter lags on the X too, but that's a given.

Thepho3nix

Nov 16, 2012
Yeah this is right. S4's low light performance was sub par. Still being said that if Moto X's camera was like S4 I would be dancing. X's below average consistency for day shots and absolutely horrible focus motor just puts this camera really low in the rank. It is two generations behind, S2 shots which I took two years ago looks better than this, really sad. I would gladly have taken an average Sony sensor than this Omnivision or whatever sensor is this...

All these namings are nonsense too. ClearPixel, Ultrapixel, BS. Z2 or S5 or Lumia's camera don't need any fancy naming to take good photos. I hope X+1 will have a non fancy sensor with a non funny name.
Dude have you really grabbed and tested a moto x camera since last 4.4.3 update? I used to have an Xperia Z, bragging its 13mpx sensor, and its 'social camera' its all bull****, when putting the sensor in low light conditions, the NOISE make his big entrance, giving a blurry shot with a lot of noise & totally non steady.
Galaxy s4 brings the same 2 years old sensor, and giving of course a fake HDR video mode that in fact only boost color but with no exposure meter or whatever.
Accept it, galaxy s4's camera is only good in good light conditions.

devilsdouble

Nov 26, 2013
New Delhi
Dude have you really grabbed and tested a moto x camera since last 4.4.3 update? I used to have an Xperia Z, bragging its 13mpx sensor, and its 'social camera' its all bull****, when putting the sensor in low light conditions, the NOISE make his big entrance, giving a blurry shot with a lot of noise & totally non steady.
Galaxy s4 brings the same 2 years old sensor, and giving of course a fake HDR video mode that in fact only boost color but with no exposure meter or whatever.
Accept it, galaxy s4's camera is only good in good light conditions.
Dude I have the XT1052, and this one does not have 4.4.3 mate. And there is nothing to accept, it's the truth, Galaxy S4's camera is only good at daylight, it's really poor in low light, and I can also say the same with S5, it's just same. The only camera which I have seen performing good under artificial light / low light was the 1020, and some other Lumia which I don't remember. Z2 is passable too, a lot better than S5.

I just hope 4.4.3 does bring a nice update, however I don't believe in miracles, still, I just want colour accuracy at this point, nothing else. God knows when the update will come for my phone!

Thepho3nix

Nov 16, 2012
Dude I have the XT1052, and this one does not have 4.4.3 mate. And there is nothing to accept, it's the truth, Galaxy S4's camera is only good at daylight, it's really poor in low light, and I can also say the same with S5, it's just same. The only camera which I have seen performing good under artificial light / low light was the 1020, and some other Lumia which I don't remember. Z2 is passable too, a lot better than S5.

I just hope 4.4.3 does bring a nice update, however I don't believe in miracles, still, I just want colour accuracy at this point, nothing else. God knows when the update will come for my phone!
What carrier is up your phone? 4.4.3 for moto X was stopped because google realized there was a major security leak, however some 4.4.3 update took some devices for sure, y flashed the 4.4.3 developer edition and after the days, you can feel and see changes in the whole camera app.
For me the only phone making a great job in low light conditions but also in artificial light conditions is the HTC M7 with its latest update at the beginning was too noisy but then the take advantage from its technology and sensor.

devilsdouble

Nov 26, 2013
New Delhi
What carrier is up your phone? 4.4.3 for moto X was stopped because google realized there was a major security leak, however some 4.4.3 update took some devices for sure, y flashed the 4.4.3 developer edition and after the days, you can feel and see changes in the whole camera app.
For me the only phone making a great job in low light conditions but also in artificial light conditions is the HTC M7 with its latest update at the beginning was too noisy but then the take advantage from its technology and sensor.
Umm, I am in Calcutta mate, here is no such locked phone thingy, all are unlocked / contract free. Mine is on Vodafone India. And the ROM it is running is 161.44.38.ghost_row.AsiaRetail.en.03, which is 4.4.2 as I said.

Are you saying I can flash a 4.4.3 Dev Edition ROM to this device?

Thepho3nix

Nov 16, 2012
Yeah sure, of course you can.
The developer edition of the firmware it's the named t-mobile , just unlock the bootloader then just flash the firmware trough rsd lite and enjoy.

devilsdouble

Nov 26, 2013
New Delhi
Yeah sure, of course you can.
The developer edition of the firmware it's the named t-mobile , just unlock the bootloader then just flash the firmware trough rsd lite and enjoy.
Thanks, didn't know that. Unlocked the bootloader as soon as I got the phone, lol.

You are talking about the only 4.4.3 which is posted here right? http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

It's for T-Mobile, so while booting up it will show that awkward logo of T-Mobile?

piskr

Sep 17, 2007
Sony Xperia 5 IV
Sony Xperia 1 V
Thanks, didn't know that. Unlocked the bootloader as soon as I got the phone, lol.

You are talking about the only 4.4.3 which is posted here right? http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

It's for T-Mobile, so while booting up it will show that awkward logo of T-Mobile?

Be really careful regarding update which doesn't match your system. JoeKid has written about possible consequences a lot (http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/xt1053-4-4-3-ota-update-zip-t2772613/page20). In best case you'll lose your LTE reception if it matters to you. You'll probably get your authentic OTA update 4.4.4 in about 10 days or less.

Reactions: devilsdouble

Thepho3nix

Nov 16, 2012

Negative, you won't get the awkward logo, I though that worked that way but it doesn't. If you lose LTE connectivity, you can actually flash your current baseband/radio.

Reactions: devilsdouble

devilsdouble

Nov 26, 2013
New Delhi
Be really careful regarding update which doesn't match your system. JoeKid has written about possible consequences a lot (http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/xt1053-4-4-3-ota-update-zip-t2772613/page20). In best case you'll lose your LTE reception if it matters to you. You'll probably get your authentic OTA update 4.4.4 in about 10 days or less.
Thanks, I just read that page, and yes it seems that Moto X will get the 4.4.4 update soon, so I am just gonna wait a week or so.
Negative, you won't get the awkward logo, I though that worked that way but it doesn't. If you lose LTE connectivity, you can actually flash your current baseband/radio.
Thanks. LTE doesn't matter to me as I don't use it. Since updating the Moto boot animation from Play (that new football one) now my phone shows some Verizona or something while booting up, I don't like that, that's why I asked about carrier logo.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So can anyone confirm or deny this?

I don't believe I have any images to take a picture of now and compare with side by side.

If anyone has any to provide, please do so. :good:
    S4.....no way !!!! S4 camera is amazing

But moto x camera update can fight with Nexus 5 camera for sure.

Btw...the moto x flash led is really really really enhanced.
    You people are wrong, yet the galaxy s4 uses a 13mpx SONY RS sensor, lacks in low light conditions even further than moto X would, the omnivision sensor placed on moto x it's capable of shooting 2k-4k real videos, I think moto x camera need heavy efforts in development by lenovo in this case, they can achieve wide benefits from the clear pixel technology, some algorithms an improved camera app and a better image processing would put the moto X in the top of g
    High end phones with great and no regrets cameras.