[ROM] Thriller v1.1.0 - (2/23/12) - Working download link

Search This thread

Aderas

Aug 10, 2007
As far as the hspa tweaks etc, I'm still running stock and did a speed test and got 6019 kbps down and 1554 kbps up. It doesnt seem like my thrill is having any issues with that. could mine not be set to 8 or something? or am i just lucky and in a good area. cause my infuse never got past the 4000 range. any thoughts?

tedjacob10

Jul 1, 2011
Galaxy Noteville
update 1.01-1.02

Ok, sorry about my first post about wiping clean on update from 1.0-1.01, I did not read the instructions carefully. Although the update directions have not changed, but I see in the changelog post that it needs to be wiped clean for the new update? Or can I just install without the wipe data/factory reset in cwm?

I read all the posts and did not see if this was addressed already, and I apologize if it has already been covered in the post. Thanks gtg!

Urabewe

Oct 13, 2010
Ok, sorry about my first post about wiping clean on update from 1.0-1.01, I did not read the instructions carefully. Although the update directions have not changed, but I see in the changelog post that it needs to be wiped clean for the new update? Or can I just install without the wipe data/factory reset in cwm?

I read all the posts and did not see if this was addressed already, and I apologize if it has already been covered in the post. Thanks gtg!

I think what it is saying is you can just update to 1.0.2 BUT if you want the netspeed tweaks to work and be installed you MUST do a FULL install that way when your phone first boots it applies the tweaks, otherwise you will just get all the other updates but NOT the net tweaks.

Reactions: tedjacob10

PBCRUM1970

Apr 2, 2011
Sanford, Fl
Dang....came back this morning expecting an update to be out. Oh well....he definitely has out done himself already. Just hoping he doesn't leave us.

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

Urabewe

Oct 13, 2010
Ok yeah I see, thank you for the clarification, I appreciate it

NP, that's what I do. I get a new device/phone I devour all the info about it and help where I can. Soon, maybe, I may try to develop an app or make a rom for now though I'm still learning the Android system. So far there's nothing in here I can't handle, I'm a Linux enthusiast, have just been lazy and haven't put a distro on my laptop. Once I do I'll be more at home and more likely to delve into development once I learn all I can from the excellent devs here and from online tuts.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

OK well I'm gonna get a project started. gtg you mind if I use your rom to learn from and perhaps combine with another? Will give all credit where due and don't even know if it will ever make it to a real release just trying to wrap my head around the android system so maybe I can help the community out.

ATTShawn

Sep 17, 2011
Tampa Bay, FL
My thrill runs so much better now! Thank you for the ROM. It is pretty much perfect, I have had no force closes or lagging whatsoever! Especially with LauncherPro.. very smooth!

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
As far as the hspa tweaks etc, I'm still running stock and did a speed test and got 6019 kbps down and 1554 kbps up. It doesnt seem like my thrill is having any issues with that. could mine not be set to 8 or something? or am i just lucky and in a good area. cause my infuse never got past the 4000 range. any thoughts?

Try flashing this rom. Bet you'll get higher than 6019.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

I personally would like to keep the Thrill, and your rom has already added some great improvements to the phone. If we could just keep a developer or two, it'd be awesome. How much would you need for the community to pull together to offset your costs?

Would like to offset most of the cost as it's not wise spending for me to keep multiple phones. I don't even have a job right now :p

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

You did need to do a clean install with wipe for v1.0.2 to get all of the goodies, but a majority of the time you will not need to wipe anything when updating.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Dang....came back this morning expecting an update to be out. Oh well....he definitely has out done himself already. Just hoping he doesn't leave us.

Yeah, I was experimenting with a few things and so it took me a bit longer to get the update out. Sorry about that.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Once the gingerbread update comes out... Will this rom be able to see it.. I read some ppls devices couldnt get ota's on a custom rom...
Should be able to... This rom isnt much more than bloat removing and themeing... Still internally mostly stock
Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA Premium App

You can never get OTAs on a custom ROM. Way too much is changed in the system. Sometimes just rooting prevents OTAs. No big deal though. When an OTA is released I can flash back to stock, grab the update, and then update the ROM with the OTA and release it to you guys.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

v1.0.3 Changelog:
-Unlocked USB tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot functionality
-New messaging app theme
-Full package now flashes our stock kernel (so we can get back after flashing an Optimus 3D rom)
-Full package no longer wipes data and cache for you (so people who are a few versions behind can still update without losing everything)

PBCRUM1970

Apr 2, 2011
Sanford, Fl
Excellent work as always. You are definitely a needed dev in this forum. I hope we can come up with a plan to keep u. Otherwise I might have to trade in on the galaxy s2. :-(

Hacksaw7

Sep 15, 2011
Wow my speed test went from 1 meg download and 1/2 a meg upload to 6.5 meg download and 1.5 meg upload awesome. My flash videos still were green but I uninstalled the 10.3 update and it works again. I tried to go back to 10.3 again and it went back to green screen, not sure what the deal is with this.

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
Wow my speed test went from 1 meg download and 1/2 a meg upload to 6.5 meg download and 1.5 meg upload awesome. My flash videos still were green but I uninstalled the 10.3 update and it works again. I tried to go back to 10.3 again and it went back to green screen, not sure what the deal is with this.

It's Adobe. You shouldn't be super surprised that they would break Flash on a regular basis :p.

baudilus

Jan 29, 2011
The entitlement is still turned on after reboot. Not a biggie for me but others may not know how to turn it off.

Messaging looks sick now, I&m almost tempted to go back to it from Handcent!

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA App

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
The entitlement is still turned on after reboot. Not a biggie for me but others may not know how to turn it off.

Messaging looks sick now, I&m almost tempted to go back to it from Handcent!

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA App

Doesn't matter if it's on. It is being bypassed completely.

timmytim

Jan 6, 2011
Phoenix
Developing for the Infuse as well. May drop the Infuse soon and exchange this for the Galaxy S II unless I can get enough donations to offset the cost and keep both. We'll see. I do like this phone, but the Galaxy S II will be quite a beast.

I've got a question about swapping phones (for anyone). I got this Thrill at Target for $29.99 but if I wanted to exchange it for another phone, do I have to take it back to where I got it and pay the difference or can I just take it to an AT&T store? I've actually never swapped a phone before

Sent from my Cappy.........

PBCRUM1970

Apr 2, 2011
Sanford, Fl
I've got a question about swapping phones (for anyone). I got this Thrill at Target for $29.99 but if I wanted to exchange it for another phone, do I have to take it back to where I got it and pay the difference or can I just take it to an AT&T store? I've actually never swapped a phone before

Sent from my Cappy.........

It depends. If u signed a contract then u have 30 days to exchange it. You pay a 35 dollar restocking fee and the difference in your new choice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thriller Froyo

Features:
    -Based on Thrill 4G shipping firmware
    -Rooted
    -Busybox
    -Fully deodexed and zipaligned
    -Removed resource hogging bloatware: Amazon Kindle, AT&T Code Scanner, AT&T FamilyMap, AT&T Hot Spots, AT&T Navigator, AT&T Live TV, Books, Car Home, Facebook, Get 3D Games, Gulliver's Travels, Movies, myAT&T, OmaDmclient, Polaris Office, Protips, Qik Lite, Twitter, Voice Dialer, and YPmobile
    -Tastefully themed
    -Battery icon with percentage display
    -No "AT&T" text in the status bar and no locked AT&T browser bookmarks
    -Extra notification sounds and ringtones from CM7
    -Nexus boot animation
    -Extended power menu with reboot option (haven't been able to get a working recovery option yet)
    -Option to set screen timeout to never
    -Unrestricted USB tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot functionality
    -Vastly improved network performance over stock (HSDPA category raised from 8 to 10)
    -Tweaked GPS settings
    -Ad blocking via hosts file
    -Updated Google apps
    -AppWidgetPicker (organizes widgets into groups when using third party launchers)
    -Swype

v1.0.1 Changelog (Nuking LG's awful theme one PNG at a time):
    -Removed "AT&T" text from the status bar :rolleyes:
    -New wired headset status bar icon (I accidentally left the awful LG one in before)
    -Fixed the airplane mode pulldown toggle animation
    -Themed a lot of framework elements: lockscreen glow, call answer sliders, list and grid item selection highlights, buttons, dropdowns, text boxes, etc.

v1.0.2 Changelog:
    -Fixed Flash video playback
    -Improved GPS performance (changed a few AGPS settings)
    -Disabled the AT&T shutdown animation
    -Themed a couple more framework elements
    The following changes require a fresh install or factory reset to take effect because they are set on first boot:
    -Much better network performance. Set HSDPA category to 10. It was set to 8 by default. Really AT&T? Advertise it as a 4G device and then limit it to 3G speeds? Anyways, I'm not even in an HSPA+ area and my download speeds jumped from around 2.5Mbps to over 4.0Mbps.
    -Removed the locked AT&T browser bookmarks and set the default home page to Google.

v1.0.3 Changelog:
    -New messaging app theme
    -Full package now flashes our stock kernel (so we can get back after flashing an Optimus 3D rom)
    -Full package no longer wipes data and cache for you (so people who are a few versions behind can still update without losing everything)

v1.0.4 Changelog:
    -New battery icon with percentage display
    -Removed the device management client service. It was running and using up resources in the background. Carriers use this service to monitor and change settings on your device and push OTA updates.
    -Themed check boxes and radio buttons
    -New addon to revert to the previous battery style if you don't want to watch the battery drop one percent at a time
    -Updated Market (only in the full package)

v1.0.5 Changelog:
    -Added an option to set screen timeout to never
    -Removed Software Update from "Settings > About this phone" since we no longer have the device management client service (Requires a fresh install or factory reset to take effect)
    -Themed the in-call status bar to fix a visual inconsistency and make it more readable
    -Updated addons with the latest changes

v1.1.0 Changelog:
    -Ditched TouchWiz icons in favor of Ice Cream Sandwich icons
    -Themed Dialer, Contacts, and Browser
    -Updated a few theme elements in Messaging
    -PNG optimized framework and all of the themed PNGs within apps
    -Updated Maps, su, and Superuser
    -Updated addons with the latest changes
    -Removed Wifi Controller widget (it's pointless)

READ CAREFULLY - NEED TO KNOW INFORMATION:
    1) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

Installation Instructions:
    1) First root using SuperOneClick and follow dg's instructions to install CWM.
    2) Download update-thriller-v1.X.X-full.zip and place it on your SD card.
    3) Power off your phone.
    4) With the phone powered off, hold the volume down button, the 3D button, and the power button until you see the LG logo and then release. This should boot you into CWM.
    5) Select "wipe data/factory reset".
    6) Select "install zip from sdcard" and navigate to and select update-thriller-v1.X.X-full.zip.
    7) When it finishes flashing, select "reboot system now". The first boot will take a few minutes.
    Warning: Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

Update Instructions:
    1) Download the update that corresponds with the version of Thriller you're updating from and place it on your SD card. If you are a few versions behind and there is no corresponding update, continue with these instructions but using the full package instead.
    2) Power off your phone.
    3) With the phone powered off, hold the volume down button, the 3D button, and the power button until you see the LG logo and then release. This should boot you into CWM.
    4) Select "install zip from sdcard" and navigate to and select update-thriller-v1.X.X-v1.X.X-update.zip.
    5) When it finishes flashing, select "reboot system now".

----Downloads----

update-thriller-v1.1.0-full-v2.zip

Removed bloatware (79MB)

----Addons----

update-thriller-disable-battery-percent-v3.zip
    update-thriller-enable-battery-percent-v3.zip

I do this for fun so you shouldn't feel any obligation to donate, but here's a link if you want to. Donations of any amount are very much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

20111001174645.png

20110914034707.png

20111001174736.png

20111001174856.png

20110914035039v.png

20110914035005.png
    Instructions for applying the transparancy mod to the services.jar can be found HERE.

An already modified services.jar file and framework-res.apk (for Thriller v1.0.5) are attached in a CWM installable ZIP file. The only modification to the framework-res.apk was adding in a transparent status_bar_background.png under res/drawable-hdpi
    all download are saying they have been removed. any where else?
    :confused:
    I uploaded this to my 4shared if op wants me to take it down just say so.Its not that fastest download but it will get you the original that op posted.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/aw98Gv1h/update-thriller-v110-full-v2.html
    Ok, just wanted to know if you were working on it.

Theming is tedious.

Try flashing this rom. Bet you'll get higher than 6019.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

I personally would like to keep the Thrill, and your rom has already added some great improvements to the phone. If we could just keep a developer or two, it'd be awesome. How much would you need for the community to pull together to offset your costs?

Would like to offset most of the cost as it's not wise spending for me to keep multiple phones. I don't even have a job right now :p

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

You did need to do a clean install with wipe for v1.0.2 to get all of the goodies, but a majority of the time you will not need to wipe anything when updating.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Yeah, I was experimenting with a few things and so it took me a bit longer to get the update out. Sorry about that.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Once the gingerbread update comes out... Will this rom be able to see it.. I read some ppls devices couldnt get ota's on a custom rom...
    Should be able to... This rom isnt much more than bloat removing and themeing... Still internally mostly stock
    Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA Premium App

You can never get OTAs on a custom ROM. Way too much is changed in the system. Sometimes just rooting prevents OTAs. No big deal though. When an OTA is released I can flash back to stock, grab the update, and then update the ROM with the OTA and release it to you guys.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

v1.0.3 Changelog:
    -New messaging app theme