[Q] Can't factory reset/S-ON... "No image or wrong image!"

Search This thread

oregrain

Aug 23, 2011
NW
I need to have my phone repaired, so I'm trying to return to stock via this tool: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1208507

At step 4, I get into HBOOT and see these error messages:

No image!
No image or wrong image!

Then I have no prompt to install. I have tried re-downloading the tool twice now, both versions, MD5 matches, and every time same problem. What now?

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
I need to have my phone repaired, so I'm trying to return to stock via this tool: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1208507

No image!
No image or wrong image!

Then I have no prompt to install. I have tried re-downloading the tool twice now, both versions, MD5 matches, and every time same problem. What now?

Are you sure you renamed it
"PD98IMG.zip"?

I got your 10 char right here

Rocking bacon...ics style

Reinaldo33897

Jul 11, 2011
Atlanta
The file is already a zip file so make sure you rename it PD98IMG only. If you rename it PD98IMG.zip you will end up with PD98IMG.zip.zip which phone will not recognize and is a very common mistake people make.

Reactions: alltoEZ

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
The file is already a zip file so make sure you rename it PD98IMG only. If you rename it PD98IMG.zip you will end up with PD98IMG.zip.zip which phone will not recognize and is a very common mistake people make.

That's pretty much common sense. But I know some people do not have much of that.

I got your 10 char right here

Rocking bacon...ics style

MMM-BACONSTRIPS

Sep 7, 2011
Philadelphia

Well he should first check if the setting to auto hide extensions is on because if its not, he'll need the .zip part, but either way this little snag has been covered in EVERY PD98IMG thread this side of town.

Reactions: cwhitney24

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com

No image!
No image or wrong image!

If you are not able to revert to stock with Gene´s tool, then use the Hack Kit to revert to stock. Make sure that the first time to revert it you stay S-OFF, just in case something goes wrong. If you are successfull the first time then run it again and choose S-ON...:D

oregrain

Aug 23, 2011
NW
Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried now with and without the .zip extension, but I get the same error message both times.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well he should first check if the setting to auto hide extensions is on because if its not, he'll need the .zip part, but either way this little snag has been covered in EVERY PD98IMG thread this side of town.
    Yes but as we all know many here hate that search button lol.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium
    Yes but as we all know many here hate that search button lol.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium

hahaha :( sad truth Reinaldo, sad truth. :(