Search This thread

fadzlihellmuth

Dec 15, 2011
Johor Bahru
hopefully they will release it in few days time. can't keep on refreshing sammy's site each time i log in and it's really frustrating when my cousin's galaxy w i8150 got updated with the new pack ahead of S Plus. i wonder if our i9001 got no love from sammy :confused:

shahbaz5588

Jul 17, 2009
Perhaps we should all start emailing Samsung about this. It sure could not hurt.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

i am pretty sure they already have a mail filtering system to send mails with such requests straight to trash... nothing has ever come from sending emails regarding any of their devices, nor have the petitions done anything either...

The only way this device or any other can get attention is if media gets involved (xda, android central, android and me, etc...)... considering even they forget to mention this device when talking about how unsatisfied I9000 users are with their value pack... not to mention that device got two OS updates and we havent got a single stable bug free release yet... and its not even an old device...

anyways emailing in my opinion is a FAIL :mad:

Richieboy67

Dec 10, 2011
CT
www.talkdevelopment.net
i am pretty sure they already have a mail filtering system to send mails with such requests straight to trash... nothing has ever come from sending emails regarding any of their devices, nor have the petitions done anything either...

The only way this device or any other can get attention is if media gets involved (xda, android central, android and me, etc...)... considering even they forget to mention this device when talking about how unsatisfied I9000 users are with their value pack... not to mention that device got two OS updates and we havent got a single stable bug free release yet... and its not even an old device...

anyways emailing in my opinion is a FAIL :mad:

I think some well placed emails to the right people would not hurt..

shahbaz5588

Jul 17, 2009
I think some well placed emails to the right people would not hurt..

you can try... we had similar issue with Galaxy Tab P1010 (the unwanted child of Galaxy Tab P1000), which came stock with froyo... it was released in March 2011 about two months or so before our SGS+... and since its release i believe it received only one minor buggy Froyo update after a month from its release only in Europe and middle east...

several well placed emails and phone calls took it 6-8 months to get gingerbread in Europe (gingerbread released in December 2011)... and so far there has been no update for it in the middle east... and finally Philippines got it this month (March 2012), after a whole year...

Even the hardware specs (cpu and gpu) for the device were inferior to its predecessor P1000... not to mention P1010 was released in two flavors, a korean version and a worldwide version, both with different hardware specs again... (none of these technical details were disclosed)

Right now we have only one developer (motafoca) who started to take interest in this device, even he dint have the device but one of the P1010 owners (beakman) gave their device to him to work on the port... and finally the development for it to get CM7 on it began this month...

anyways i hope you get successful by emailing the right people... i surely would like for samsung to give the device some love (i.e. ICS) ;)

nail16

Nov 20, 2011
Mumbai
Why do you put **** between your badwords
say it out loud
**** YOU SAMSUNG \m/:mad:
even the moderators come here once in a blue moon to clear this thread
just think of them as dinosaurs (Extinct)
No one cares for the i9001 (that's the reason we Don't have our own forum section)

Last edited:

chasemyass

Dec 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Why do you put **** between your badwords
say it out loud
**** YOU SAMSUNG \m/:mad:
even the moderators come here once in a blue moon to clear this thread
just think of them as dinosaurs (Extinct)
No one cares for the i9001 (that's the reason we Don't have our own forum section)

Mate what's teh point of getting an disabled account for, like, nothing? It's not worthy bro...we all know what Samsung is/does so all we have to do is wait...no need to complicate situation just because one stupid Samsung policy regarding his customers...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011

i don't understand the politics behind all those variations ( including HTC's Sensations, Samsung devices , even SE's ) , y don't they make 1 model that works as it should, and support it with continuous software updates and fixes to get the max out of it, and then release another flagship device when time comes, instead of releasing all those variations of the same model, and none is supported as it should, not to mention the different hardware in each one of them, which makes it hard to make use of any development between devices of the same range.

FlorisNL

Jun 28, 2011
Amersfoort
i don't understand the politics behind all those variations ( including HTC's Sensations, Samsung devices , even SE's ) , y don't they make 1 model that works as it should, and support it with continuous software updates and fixes to get the max out of it, and then release another flagship device when time comes, instead of releasing all those variations of the same model, and none is supported as it should, not to mention the different hardware in each one of them, which makes it hard to make use of any development between devices of the same range.

So true.. This device is like 6 months old and a while later they introduce a new device wich looks EXACTLY the same and with an flashlight and a better processor.. Why they didnt put this features in our phone... Im never buying a Samsung again, NEVER!!!

rykn21x

Feb 26, 2012
another Samsung JET issue...... very good device but wasted because of support and updates.... they tend to release an updated hardware of the product but the they fail to support the previous one considering that its just only 6 months old..... this sucks....

chasemyass

Dec 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
another Samsung JET issue...... very good device but wasted because of support and updates.... they tend to release an updated hardware of the product but the they fail to support the previous one considering that its just only 6 months old..... this sucks....

Reading gt-i9070 specs crossed my mind that is made for ics...1gHz dual proc with 768 ram is perfect for it...so instead of supporting older phones...they try make some of us buy a slight newer/better phone instead...Selling policy not support policy. They won't get rich by support ;) This camed since the war with apple started if you look close enough....

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reactions: raptor92

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The value pack is already disappointing, The i9000 users haven't got any performance boost, Games still lag (Fifia 2012)
    this just shows that samsung released this so called "value pack" not to improve the phone Functionality but to shut people up who were asking For the ics update,
    cause the benchmark scores are the same no boost in I/O also.

And i know they'll do the same to us, cause these *****es are way too busy with their flag ship devices,
    Qualcomm had released new Gpu Drivers for ics For all Adreno 2xx devices that includes the Adreno 205.
    Those will be useless to us cause we won't have ics.
    I Am really pissed off at samsung Right now.
    I know this thread will be cleaned for all the Abusive word
    but what can i say i buy a phone just 6 months old from samsung and i get this crap.

So i'll say it **** YOU SAMSUNG
    Two new firmware's have just released for the i9001 for Switzerland and Germany
    on sammobile
    i'm downloading the Swiss one it seem's to be an open firmware XXKQB,
    while the German one is a Vodafone firmware VD2KP3.
    i retired my htc G1 after 3 years of rigorous use (flashing, testing, etc)... and i loved that device... gingerbread on it was lame (slow, slow, slowwwwwwwww)... everything on that device was a limit and devs tried to break every limit... crazy tweaks and customizations, ram hacks, and everything to make this device worthy as being the first android device... i am not a developer, but hats off and great respect to all the developers of the G1... and they atleast got a booting ICS rom :D

and then i got this device... the best for the price... and i love it... despite the fact that it has very few developers... samsung will eventually release an update which i am honeslty not looking forward to... it will still have to be modified by the developers here before daily use capability... and hopefully someday yarde and skywalker will bring out their work... i just hope that they dont abandon it in anyway... but still this device does everything its meant to...

and honestly for a guy who moved from G1 to SGS+... i can care less about what samsung provides us... an AOSP rom is an AOSP rom for a reason... once that is up and running i am sure you wont need any support from samsung at all...
    don't know if you already knew it but,

"sammobile announced that the VALUE PACK (last official update) will be released end of march, also for our phone I9001 :) "

unfortunately they didn't release it and we have to wait.. again.

it will include things like face unlock, a program to edit photos and some more things.

more info at sammobile.com

check if it's available here sammobile.com

after a long time waiting samsung released their "value pack" which is definitely not, what we have expected, it's worse.

our phone wont get any more updates from samsung.

download link in this thread (by nail16) : [ROM]i9001[VALUE PACK][XXKQB]

Features: (thanks Dutch.ly)

• Face Unlock;
    • Galaxy S2 Photo Editor;
    • Galaxy Note Lock-screen and new lock-screen sounds;
    • Auto-Rotation is fast – Fast switching from portrait to landscape;
    • Major I/O improvement and improved performance in browser, gallery and gaming;
    • Camera is better and can also take picture while shooting video + Minor UI Change;
    • Galaxy S II themed, mabe parts of TW4;

Screenshot of I9000's value pack (by Faryaab) :

sc20120329174545.png
    Not releasing ics for phones like ours is one of samsungs cheap tricks to increase their sales for their flag ship devices :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: (it's time when i turn into a super saiyain :))

Please transform into goku super sayain 4 and beat those koreans hard :rolleyes:;)