SD Card Format

Search This thread

zervic

Sep 26, 2010
ROM: CM 11-20140204-NIGHTLY-skyrocket

I've done some searches and was not able to find anyone with the same issue as me. So, erased my SD card through the ROM (Settings > Storage > Erase SD card

I rebooted the phone,and it told me there was a blank SD card in there and I needed to format it. Well, every time I try to format it, my phone reboots. I tried doing it through recovery, and it told me error mounting SD card.

Any ideas on how to fix this or is my SD card shot? It was working perfectly fine before I erased it. I would plug it into a computer, but i don't have an adapter.

Thanks in advance!

Commodore 64

May 6, 2013
Format it in your computer. Use FAT32 file system and do a quick format.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

TheCybertronian

Oct 17, 2013
Vin his problem isn't the cable bro it formatted incorrectly the phone doesn't recognize it and can't mount it via recovery to format it. He just needs to toss it on a computer and do it from there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

zervic

Sep 26, 2010
Vin his problem isn't the cable bro it formatted incorrectly the phone doesn't recognize it and can't mount it via recovery to format it. He just needs to toss it on a computer and do it from there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

yea....tried it via USB and couldn't get it to work. Guess I need to find an adapter so I can get it connected directly to my computer. Thanks for the help everyone.

zervic

Sep 26, 2010
so even w/a pc you couldnt format it, what was the error when doing that.
adapters are really cheap anyways

No error... Just the internal card showed up. I tried mounting it and then plugging in the phone, same thing. Really strange. Yea, adapter isn't a huge deal, just caught me off card that it reboots my phone when I try to format it through the ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app