[APP] Mira - Smart Personal Assistant for iOS and Android [DELETED]

Search This thread

Limit8

Jan 3, 2011
Düsseldorf
schreibtisch.me
The weather is from the Yahoo! Server and they are not up to date with the real weather. It's like a general forecast from yesterday.

Mira going to have more sentences so the conversations going to be better. If you want to speed that proccess up you have to post some sentences which Mira don't know here:
http://myfirstserver.bplaced.net/mira/postyouridea/

Mira still has "Sara" in some sentences. Our database is quite big so we have to change it but this gonna take a while.

The update to "Mira" was very buggy and please update until you have 1.5.2
In 1.5.2 German and French won't work. German because of a bug and French because we still don't have the database for French.
Troufiniou is working on it...

Released 1.5.3

Everything except the German Language is fixed!!! Better design: Disabled Overscrolling and ScrollBar

So have fun with Mira and ask questions if you have. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: tlkh

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Doesn't update to the latest version. Still shows 1.5.2

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Nordpolcamper

Jul 5, 2010
Heinsberg
Awesome "Mira" is from cologne^^

great job, hoping you will continue this project, since its one of the best I have seen so far when it comes to voice assistants^^

rodpalma

Nov 25, 2011
Lisbon
Hoping to see this project go craaazy! Seems promissing ..

It would be nice if you added Portuguese though ... congrats!

boazal

Dec 19, 2011
OnePlus 9
getting:

The application Voice search
(process com.google.android voicessearch)
has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again​

Limit8

Jan 3, 2011
Düsseldorf
schreibtisch.me
@prof_kiwi
Try using another Text-2-Speech Engine... For example: Pico TTS or SVOX or something else...

@boazal
Try reinstall the voice search app ;)

Thanks XDA for the news post !!! Thanks guys for the downloads ;)

Leigh Kennedy

Jan 26, 2012
Adelaide, South Australia
OPPO Reno Z
Just brilliant!

This project is amazing!

All you need to do is make it look... well... not so... Siri-ish.

Make Mira more unique.

If you accomplish that then you deserve the right to have this project of yours built into Android itself!

There is no way Apple can really claim copyright considering the concept has been around for so long that I'm surprised the creators of Knight Rider aren't suing Apple ;)

Seriously, Apple can be real ass-hats. They are even going to pull Evi down for being "too much like Siri" (The concept of a device talking back to you is older than old Sci-Fi TV shows, of which even an inkling of Apple Inc did not exist hitherto making their claim to justify the right to claim copyright of the concept completely and utterly irrelevant.) when the truth is Evi had more information than Siri (Don't believe me my fellow Australians? Then try to ask Siri for directions to, say, the Apple Store in Chadstone).

almightywhacko

Aug 18, 2010
I just downloaded Mira and it shows a lot of promise.

I know you are still building features and tweaking everything to make it work, but you really need to give some attention to the interface. Mira looks like it is mostly using assets that are a direct copy of the graphical assets of Siri. Apple will send you a S&D if this app ever hits the App Market with those assets which are so obviously close to their own in place.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mira - Smart Personal Assistant for iOS and Android

Unfortunately we don't see any reason to continue this project since Google Voice Search does a nice job. Furthermore there are many Siri clones in the Google Play Store, which do a better Job than Mira did.
    Thank you for your support and interest. You kept this project alive a long time!
    Thanks for the posts, suggestions and bug reports ;)

Maybe releasing 1.5.5 today....

Announcing:
    - Call function with contact and phone number support (DONE)
    - Switching time mode (DONE)
    - Switch temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit (DONE)
    - Better App Search ("open facebook / etc.") (DONE)
    - Sending and dictating SMS (IN PROGRESS)

Not in 1.5.5 but soon:
    - Calendar Support
    - Weather / Temperature Fix (Going to use Google Weather instead of Yahoo Weather)
    - Removing the start screen

Tips:
    If you don't want database updates everytime you start Mira use the Offline Mode functionality! A database version check will come soon too.
    A few minutes ago I finished programming the Places API!
    Maybe we can already release Mira 2.0 the 16. March into the market!
    It going to have a support for the new fast server, many bug fixes, many speed ups and improvements, new credits entry for Jonas ;) , the Places API, an invisible Google Voice Search query and support for more sentences.
    @DJSave:
    Cool Cool ^^ It could be that the word "Google" was recognized as something else, which causes Sara to crash, but I think I corrected that bug ^^

RELEASE 1.2.1 ALPHA

Now Sara is in the Alpha State. I think I corrected every Crash with a "try {}" snippet.
    New features are the "kamikaze" function (just for lulz)
    At the time Sara closes herself if you say: "Kill yourself" or "Destroy yourself". Because Sara has an intelligent algorithm you could also say: "Kill yourself *****!" xD

Further weather forecast. You can just ask for the weather f.e. with "How is the weather". You can also ask for the weather for tomorrow or for a specific town / location.

You can ask for the download stats of sara.

Going to improve the weather function and improve the database entrys which works with it.

You can ask for your location

Small-Bugfixes

RELEASE 1.2.2 ALPHA

Fast Bugfixes
    Release 1.5.5

Business as usual ^^
    Update Server or here:
    http://myfirstserver.bplaced.net/mira

Maybe soon another server...

New features:
    - Call function with contact and phone number support (f.e. "call ryan" or "call 911")
    - Switching time mode from "Military" to "America"
    - Switch temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit
    - Better App Search (Could have still some bugs)
    - Sending and dictating SMS (f.e. "send" / "send sms" "send sms to ryan" / "send sms to 911")
    - No start screen anymore
    - Better offline support (At Start)
    - Performance fixes

Announced for 1.6:
    - Adding contacts
    - "Who is..." Contact support
    - Calendar features
    - Note features
    - E-Mail features
    - Database Version Check
    - Tutorial / Help / Command Page

Additional Infos:
    - If you don't want database updates everytime you start Mira use the Offline Mode functionality! A database version check will come soon too.
    - Going to include a screen with infos what Mira is able to do with categorys like "Phone" or "Location" ...
    - Database is a little bit small at the time. That's why there comes so much "No sense / don't understand" output's!