[Q] bootloader problem think i brick phone but it acts wierd when conected to pc

Search This thread

inchewazu

Sep 13, 2010
so a couple days ago i was about to put on a custom rom to my captivate.. but first the 3 download buttons doesnt work so i put it in download via adb.. for my suprise when in download i uloaded a wrong bootloader or kernel to the phone so now every time i try to boot the phone it onl shows at&t logo then diferent samsung logo(not the original S) and loops for ever..! and if i try to connect phone to computer via usb it shows the battery power,then vibrates, then shows an empty battery with a yellow sign /!\ and a temperature meter.(all that in a loop also). any ideas? i already try making my own jig but no download mode.. ando pc only recongnize sometimes a intel flasing device instead of a phone... HELP...!

Last edited:

patrick8996

Dec 29, 2011
Oregon
so a couple days ago i was about to put on a custom rom to my captivate.. but first the 3 download buttons doesnt work so i put it in download via adb.. for my suprise when in download i uloaded a wrong bootloader or kernel to the phone so now every time i try to boot the phone it onl shows at&t logo then diferent samsung logo(not the original S) and loops for ever..! and if i try to connect phone to computer via usb it shows the battery power,then vibrates, then shows an empty battery with a yellow sign /!\ and a temperature meter.(all that in a loop also). any ideas? i already try making my own jig but no download mode.. ando pc only recongnize sometimes a intel flasing device instead of a phone... HELP...!

You might need to buy a jig

Sent From My Cappy Using Tapatalk 2

inchewazu

Sep 13, 2010
mmm i made my own with the resistancees and all but it doesnt seems to work on the phone and also i havnt found something about the battery with the yellow sing and the temperature logo

mikel.canovas

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago

You're definitely not hard bricked since your phone still does something when it's plugged in -- so there's hope. Keep trying your homemade jig and see if that works eventually (it's very frustrating trust me). USB combos don't work for download mode?