[Q] s-off

Search This thread

andybfmv96

Nov 19, 2012
I see where he's coming from though. Not being able to develop on the phone is probably a deal breaker for me too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

IamIrene

Mar 15, 2011
Wait it release in market then give developer some time

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Spl4tt

Facepalm s off was released like yesterday for that :p Look it up :) (facepalm is the name)

Yea, but you realize that it's almost a year after the release?
I now bought a new phone, and my HOX still has S-ON. If I had a qualcom HOX, I'd be enjoying S-OFF for.. not even a week, because my Nexus4 just arrived.

The new HTC One really is amazing. Perfect hardware and the design is awesome as always from HTC.
But as long they treat our devs like that, I won't buy a phone of them again. :/

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Just saw a user named lime, something in general section. He already has the device and his is S-off (he works for a mobile phone company, I guess). I would think having S-off, or maybe even ENG hboot available for dump would help greatly toward S-off. Evo lte got S-off months ago, and every hboot update since then revolutionary has been able to crack. Now the HOX and DNA and One S just got S-off yesterday. I'd say it's pretty likely.

From my Evo LTE, yup.

ethan3686

Aug 19, 2009
India
Just saw a user named lime, something in general section. He already has the device and his is S-off (he works for a mobile phone company, I guess). I would think having S-off, or maybe even ENG hboot available for dump would help greatly toward S-off. Evo lte got S-off months ago, and every hboot update since then revolutionary has been able to crack. Now the HOX and DNA and One S just got S-off yesterday. I'd say it's pretty likely.

From my Evo LTE, yup.

I fDNA got it then i see no reason why HTC ONE wont? its the same architecture chips on both..One is slightly overclocked thats it.

WA_Bob

Jun 13, 2011
Cleveland, Texas USA
OnePlus 8T
I know that as soon as devs get their hands on it, the work will start on getting S-Off. But asking when is the same as asking when (fill in the blank) ROM will be released/ updated - No one can tell you because no one knows how long it will take. Also, there are no professionals doing this - They all have day jobs and this type of dev work is a hobby that people enjoy doing and they're not on a schedule.

It will happen when it does and I'll be fine with stock rooted for starters myself. :good:

Top Liked Posts