good music player software for the 10.1

Search This thread

Localhorst86

Jul 5, 2011
Germany
Hi there,

this is a thread to discuss music player software for the galaxy tab. So far I found 2 nice software players:

Play Music:
the default player has a nice eye-candy ui that looks good on the tab, but other than that it doesn't have much going for it. It lacks an equalizer and visualizations.

Android Music Player by JRTStudio:
this player comes with a clean ui, allthough it doesn't seem to be particularly suited for tablet devices. It also lacks some sort of fullscreen music visualization, but it comes with a good equalizer built in. That way, you can enjoy your music.

WinAMP for Android:
horrible UI, totally unsuited for tablet devices, lack of visuals and equalizer (EQ only in pro version).

do you know any alternatives (free or paid)? It would be nice if the software could show a nice music visualization on the screen while playing music.

regards

Horscht

Naith32

Mar 9, 2009
I'll give another 'thumb' to PowerAmp. I tried a few before this made the difference :)

MichaelMcC

Sep 11, 2011
I like the Toshiba media player. Works great on the 10.1

I got it from a thread here for apps from other tablets that work on the 10.1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

Localhorst86

Jul 5, 2011
Germany
Wow, PowerAMP looks really clean and works well. The sound options are just plain awesome. It still lacks visualizations but, damn this is a great player. But at a price of 4€ not exactly cheap either. Gonna keep on using the trial for now, see if it's really worth that price tag :)

Peterbluez

Jan 4, 2011
Austin
I've been using Jukefox for a few days. The first time you run it you need to wait a bit, but that's because its loading album art and generating a tag cloud. Not sure if I like it or not - I usually go for a really clean simple UI. But the way it presents your music isn't like any other player I've seen before.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

marjoejoejoe

Apr 5, 2011
Taipei
poweramp as well, some troubles with a few FLACs, but mostly ok, just convert to AAC if you plan to play FLAC.....although it still doesnt sound as good as any android with the Wolfson exploit...aka Voodoo

Nash123

Sep 21, 2010
Neutron Music Player

By far the best sound quality. Nice UI. But you need to get to know it a little bit.

Developer still makes changes to the UI. Work in progress :)

moneybag

Dec 31, 2011
I use noozy on my nexus, better than poweramp imo

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

Aug 19, 2012
Have you tried Samsung's stock Music player?
You can use the Multitasking thing with it, which you can't do with others.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am using DoubleTwist. Not the cheapest in the house, but I like it.