KitKat Cast Screen

Search This thread

ColinB63

Jan 23, 2011
Yes, it is for streaming your display to a Miracast compatible TV, etc.

From Nexus site:

Some of this information applies only to devices running Android 4.4.

Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 10, and HTC One Google Play edition are compatible with devices that support the Wi-Fi Certified Miracast™ protocol for wireless display. To turn on the wireless display feature, go to SNP_BEE8810A5FCD80173673B4B15A1804EAEE99_3529219_en_v0Settings > Device > Display > Cast screen > SNP_2918040_en_v1 Menu, then check the box next to “Enable Wireless Display.”

You can cast the screen to wirelessly stream video and audio to a variety of displays and other devices that support Miracast - even when a standard Wi-Fi network isn’t available. For example, you can cast the screen to show your device’s screen on a TV equipped with a certified Miracast adapter.

For more information, see the documentation that comes with the Miracast-certified device you wish to use with your tablet or phone.

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
If one is lucky enough to have a rootled Google ChromeCast with the Team Eureka Custom ROM this feature is coming if you that option in your Display Settings. I'm not going back to stock just for that but just wondered if the N10 had it also.

Last edited:

voncrane

Jul 22, 2009
I have a Nexus 10 running stock rom rooted. I can confirm it has this feature & working.

Mohammed Usman

Jun 29, 2014
my nexus 7 not showing the option of enable wireless display

I have nexus7 and I have updated it to kitkat4.4.4 version on cast screen when I go to menu to select enable wireless display option so there is no option written enable wireless display but help option is coming