[Q] Trucaller App Crashing All The Time & Auto Rotate Became Noticeably Laggy on cm11

Search This thread

ayush88

Dec 6, 2013
[Q] Trucaller App Crashing All The Time & Auto Rotate Became Noticeably Laggy on cm11

hey guys!

im just a week into my first root with a phone ive been using for almost a year now and cm11 M8 was my first custom rom :))

i got it through the one-click installer (through mac) and also have xposed installer on my phone (but no clashing modules are actiavted..to my 'limited' knowledge)

its been going pretty awesome to be frank but my truecaller app is crashing every singe time and my auto rotate feature has become very noticeably laggy.

is there something i can do to fix this?

pls any help will be greatly appreciated as truecaller is very imp for me for my work related reasons and auto rotate feature is something i think every one agrees should be working properly as video viewing is done by ALL :D

thanks guys!

P.S here is my 'about phone' stats if that would help

model - nexus 5

cyonagenmod version - 11.0-installerXNPQ29S

android version - 4.4.4 (but showing on cyanogenmod site 'my account' that its 4.4.2...any help on this will also be appreciated)

baseband version - M8974A-2.0.50.1.16

kernel version - 3.4.0-cyonagenmod-gb554143build04@cyanogenmod#1

cpu - ARMv7 processor rev 0 (v71)

build number - cm_hammerhead-userdebug 4.4.4 KTU84P installerXNPQ29S release-keys

SELinux status - enforcing

Last edited:

abaaaabbbb63

Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
hey guys!

im just a week into my first root with a phone ive been using for almost a year now and cm11 M8 was my first custom rom :))

i got it through the one-click installer (through mac) and also have xposed installer on my phone (but no clashing modules are actiavted..to my 'limited' knowledge)

its been going pretty awesome to be frank but my truecaller app is crashing every singe time and my auto rotate feature has become very noticeably laggy.

is there something i can do to fix this?

pls any help will be greatly appreciated as truecaller is very imp for me for my work related reasons and auto rotate feature is something i think every one agrees should be working properly as video viewing is done by ALL :D

thanks guys!

P.S here is my 'about phone' stats if that would help

model - nexus 5

cyonagenmod version - 11.0-installerXNPQ29S

android version - 4.4.4 (but showing on cyanogenmod site 'my account' that its 4.4.2...any help on this will also be appreciated)

baseband version - M8974A-2.0.50.1.16

kernel version - 3.4.0-cyonagenmod-gb554143build04@cyanogenmod#1

cpu - ARMv7 processor rev 0 (v71)

build number - cm_hammerhead-userdebug 4.4.4 KTU84P installerXNPQ29S release-keys

SELinux status - enforcing

Is the truecaller app the latest version?
Try reinstalling it.

Also try updating your CM11 to M9.

ayush88

Dec 6, 2013
Is the truecaller app the latest version?
Try reinstalling it.

Also try updating your CM11 to M9.

hey thnx for the info...have re-installed truecaller just now..waiting for an unkown caller to check if its still crashing or not

also can you pls direct me to a complete guide to install the m9 on my nexus 5

abaaaabbbb63

Nov 19, 2011
hey thnx for the info...have re-installed truecaller just now..waiting for an unkown caller to check if its still crashing or not

also can you pls direct me to a complete guide to install the m9 on my nexus 5

You download it from here: http://get.cm/get/iwr

You then put it on your phone's storage.

You boot in recovery.

You create a backup from recovery.

You then simply install the zip, without wiping anything.

You reboot.

ayush88

Dec 6, 2013
Disable signature checking from recovery. There should be an option that sounds like:
Toggle signature check

tried that still didnt work

also followed the steps mentioned here http://jaxov.com/2010/10/fix-android...-failed-error/

here is the complete log :-

signature check : disabled

installing : /sdcard/0/download/cm-11-201408 05-SNAPSHOT-M9-hammerhead.zip
finding update package...
openeing update package...
installing update...
cant install this package on top on incompatible data. please try another package or run a factory reset
E: Error in /data/media/0/download/cm-11-201408 05-SNAPSHOT-M9-hammerhead.zip
(Status 7)
installation aborted

abaaaabbbb63

Nov 19, 2011
tried that still didnt work

also followed the steps mentioned here http://jaxov.com/2010/10/fix-android...-failed-error/

here is the complete log :-

signature check : disabled

installing : /sdcard/0/download/cm-11-201408 05-SNAPSHOT-M9-hammerhead.zip
finding update package...
openeing update package...
installing update...
cant install this package on top on incompatible data. please try another package or run a factory reset
E: Error in /data/media/0/download/cm-11-201408 05-SNAPSHOT-M9-hammerhead.zip
(Status 7)
installation aborted

Okay then... apparently dirty flashes don't work.

Well, you either stay with M8, or backup your apps with titanium backup or such and do a factory data reset before you install.

ayush88

Dec 6, 2013
Okay then... apparently dirty flashes don't work.

Well, you either stay with M8, or backup your apps with titanium backup or such and do a factory data reset before you install.

thanks alot for taking ur time out and helping /guiding me through this problem :) :)

just 1 last question pls (3 parts )

suppose i take a nandroid backup and factory reset then when i restore will EVERYTHING (apps+data) come back as it is except that i will be on the M9 version?

i already have a titanium backup transfered on my dropbox will that do the trick? or will i need nandroid also?

if i do it through titanium and then factory reset all i will have to do then is just re-download titanium n then restore missing apps+data right? or can i just do it through dropbox?

pls ive never done done this so a link to some guide will be extremely helpfull

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
As long as you backup with titanium backup you will be able to restore the applications but may have to log in to a lot of them again

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk