[ROM-ODIN]T959VUVKB5 Stock + Root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

krylon360

Retired Recognized Developer
May 10, 2010
Seattle
for those wanting to use this to return the phone, you will need to ODIN this, then use 1 Click to unroot, then format your sd since you will have clockwork mod references on there.

bryandrew19

Feb 3, 2011
I boot holding vol up and power and I boot into clockwork. I try to connect using odin 1.3 and 1.7 and nothing works I get stuck at the setupconnection part. Any help?

mavictb

Aug 5, 2010
Reno
I boot holding vol up and power and I boot into clockwork. I try to connect using odin 1.3 and 1.7 and nothing works I get stuck at the setupconnection part. Any help?

why are you booting into clockwork?? you should be booting into download mode. its the yellow triangle with an android dude with a shovel.

the easy way to get to download mode is remove power and battery. plug in the usb to your computer with odin running. connect the usb to the phone holding vol +/- and reinsert battery.

Reactions: rafarataneneces

csdalporto

Nov 23, 2010
Is this the same as Odin for original vibrant? Load the tar file into the PDA section of odin only right?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

csdalporto

Nov 23, 2010
can you tell me EXACTLY how you did odin @aloneinshadow? i used odin and now im stuck; my phone will not boot past stock recovery

csdalporto

Nov 23, 2010
i've rebooted like 20 times lol, idk do you think i ruined it? at first with just the tar file.....odin kept failing over and over saying get pit, so i flashed one time with the pit as well.....but i've reflashed like 5 times with nothing but the tar and it will only boot into recovery.

Last edited:

rayvil30

Nov 13, 2010
i've rebooted like 20 times lol, idk do you think i ruined it? at first with just the tar file.....odin kept failing over and over saying get pit, so i flashed one time with the pit as well.....but i've reflashed like 5 times with nothing but the tar and it will only boot into recovery.
Which odin are you using? Try different odin. Someone used 1.7.0 earlier. I believe they have 1.8.1. also. Tar file should also be in pda.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

flyinbird93

Oct 10, 2007
Im anxious to get underway with the custom roms for the 4g. I havent seen anyone mention what the diffrence is between this rom and the real stock. Is this just a different way to root, or is all the tmobile crap removed so i havd more than 500 megs for phoneonly apps. Also, i presume this is a full system wipe so a backup of important data is recomended? Already bricked once trying a different galaxy rom, im in no rush to do it again.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

Jaynrb

Mar 10, 2010
spring
i had 2 4g's and had to take one back because i bricked with the ODIN pit file provided. Im not sure if a diff batch of phones were made with a diff partition name or source but i do believe repartitioning with this file will brick some phones. It caused me to lose access to a certain mount that i dont remember anymore. if you NEED to get back to stock i would suggest leaving the PIT out for now and DONT repartition....

Chamgea

Aug 6, 2010
Nashville
I'm coming from the Vibrant to the 4g Vibrant. There is obviously a ton more resources for the previous Vibrant. How are we looking on producing more things; ROMS, etc...for the 4g Vibrant?

I remember there is a One Click Root & Unroot for the Vibrant that was flashable, any chance on that coming out for the Vibrant 4g?

D

Deleted member 2653512

I'm coming from the Vibrant to the 4g Vibrant. There is obviously a ton more resources for the previous Vibrant. How are we looking on producing more things; ROMS, etc...for the 4g Vibrant?

I remember there is a One Click Root & Unroot for the Vibrant that was flashable, any chance on that coming out for the Vibrant 4g?

krylon360 has dipped in here to lend a hand, obviously. but for the most part i wouldn't expect much from devs. i have a feeling this is a phone that will be skipped over in favor of future dual core models. the only reason i picked a Vibrant 4G up is because i could get it for $140 after rebates...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is currently in testing. I am not responsible for any bricks.
    Once you ODIN and it boots you to STOCK recovery do a full data wipe.

Includes Factoryfs.rfs, cache.rfs, modem, and kernel.

Mod Edit, Link removed pending update/refreshed link
    mine just saws

<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    <ID:0/004> File analysis..
    <ID:0/004> SetupConnection..

why??

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

Help i got firmware upgrade encountered an issue, please select recovery mode in kies and try again

EDIT: I JUS SCARED DA **** OUTTA ME I JUS USED HEMIDALL ONE CLICK STOCK MAN IM TAKING A BREAK FROM THIS IM FREAKED OUT I THO I BRICKED ITT!!!!

LOL you don't even know what a real brick is, I've hard bricked twice for the sake of this community

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App
    I can deodex it and post that tar as well.
    Thanks to your signature I browsed off to do just that before coming back here to find your message. I've been an Odin man thus far, having looked into Heimdall when I was a nublet myself (or more so a nublet, since I make no claims here) and it was slightly intimidating since I don't use Linux as my base OS. So....here we go....

It looks like the source thread for Heimdall One Click is pretty self explanatory but it doesn't have much content for multi-OS support...should be an adventure. Hopefully the Windows GUI Front-end and some nerdery will move me along, if not I hope you guys will throw just a tiny bit of advice my way if needed.

Team Acid, Kang, and EDT.....you guys are seriously nominated for Sainthood in my books, especially for a device that got the ****shaft from Samsung almost the whole way. Your determination and resolve is...so appreciated.

Don't let the *****ing 'round here get you down. We lurkers may say little, but we love you much.

Cheers, B.
    I assume the PIT isn't needed?