Possibly trading my epic for a shift, a couple questions

Search This thread

lynyrd65

Jul 11, 2010
Tulsa
Firstly, If I trade with someone, can I do the trade at a sprint store and how is Total Equipment protection affected? Does the policy transfer to the shift? If I mess it up will they repair it?

Secondly, I know this has been addressed many times but I'll ask anyway, the main reasons I have been considering the switch is dev support (ex. miui and cm) and battery life. For those that have used both phones, how significant is the difference in battery life?

finalhit

Jan 12, 2009
Big fan and current user of CM. Sadly its seems like you have to make a choice between cm/miui and battery life.

Battery life is great stock and even better on sense-based roms. Asop roms are great but battery is subpar relative to stock.

That being, my comparison is relative to stock. No idea what epic's stats are.

On CM i can use the phone and google nav for an hour drive and drop my battery life to 70-80% for full which i'd say is decent considering it pretty much uses all parts of the phone except wifi.

i dont need a signature

Reactions: lynyrd65
Firstly, If I trade with someone, can I do the trade at a sprint store and how is Total Equipment protection affected? Does the policy transfer to the shift? If I mess it up will they repair it?

Secondly, I know this has been addressed many times but I'll ask anyway, the main reasons I have been considering the switch is dev support (ex. miui and cm) and battery life. For those that have used both phones, how significant is the difference in battery life?

Yes you can, but don't do it. Not only will you be giving up 0.4" in screen size and a VGA front facing camera lynyrd65, you'll be downgrading from a Super AMOLED™ screen which uses approximately 20% less battery and is 1.5 times brighter and vivid in color saturation than conventional LCDs installed on the majority of Android devices for Sprint Nextel. How do I know this lynrd65? I work for corporate Sprint. As far as TEP is concerned, if you already have it on your MIN, it will carry over to the next wireless device (except to imbedded wireless devices).

Reactions: lynyrd65

lynyrd65

Jul 11, 2010
Tulsa
Thank you both! I have another question which is obvious and I'm sorry for not searching thoroughly (couldn't find it after quick search) but does the Shift have Wimax support in CM7 like the original Evo has? What about in MIUI?

Edit: I found out it is supported in CM7, but is it supported in MIUI?

Last edited:

herbthehammer

May 16, 2010
Battery life is just barely better on the shift. In my opinion, there's less developer support for the shift. I think this could be because the shift isn't as popular phone as the epic. When i've been out and about, I've seen a few epics but I haven't seen anyone with a shift besides myself. Going from a 4 to a 3.7 inch screen is very noticeable. I hope you have small fingers and your eyesight is good.

I'm not trying to talk you out of it but you should be aware of the negatives. The shift is a great phone but I think it's too small for me.

Last edited:

dustinmatthews87

Apr 15, 2010
Apple Valley, CA
If I was you I would do he trade. I had an epic that I traded to get the shift and it was well worth it. The epic has nice hardware but the software sucks on it, and when I had it all the roms were just tweaked stock roms. Best trade I ever made.

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Big fan and current user of CM. Sadly its seems like you have to make a choice between cm/miui and battery life.

Battery life is great stock and even better on sense-based roms. Asop roms are great but battery is subpar relative to stock.

That being, my comparison is relative to stock. No idea what epic's stats are.

On CM i can use the phone and google nav for an hour drive and drop my battery life to 70-80% for full which i'd say is decent considering it pretty much uses all parts of the phone except wifi.

i dont need a signature

Yes you can, but don't do it. Not only will you be giving up 0.4" in screen size and a VGA front facing camera lynyrd65, you'll be downgrading from a Super AMOLED™ screen which uses approximately 20% less battery and is 1.5 times brighter and vivid in color saturation than conventional LCDs installed on the majority of Android devices for Sprint Nextel. How do I know this lynrd65? I work for corporate Sprint. As far as TEP is concerned, if you already have it on your MIN, it will carry over to the next wireless device (except to imbedded wireless devices).
    4G currently isn't working on MIUI

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk