Micromax a87 ninja 4.0 [ rooting / ram increase /hd gaming mods /driver solved ]

Search This thread

axaitechie

Oct 21, 2012
MICROMAX A87 NINJA 4.0 [DRIVER SOLVED / ROOTING / RAM INCREASE /HD GAMING MODS]

HI axai here...
i bought this fone ninja 4.0 that came with a ULTRA VIBRANT 4 inch WVGA 480x800 display that is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the display of optimus black which claims to "outshine the sun" :p

this post is for the MICROMAX A87 [superfone ninja 4.0] users.this post will deal with..
1)rooting your device
2)increasing your RAM using 3 sure shot techniques to work
2)Enabling HD gaming to play nvidia TEGRA games like samurain 2 vengence, and mid level HD games like asphalt 5/6, driftmania and many more

to root your micromax a87
you need the drivers installed... and to get the method to clean installl the drivers not the old sdk and drivers.zip method follow this post

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33071477#post33071477

[ROOTING]
switch on your internet connect [not needed but preffered]

step 1:
now to assuming you followed the above post and drivers installed download unlockroot and install
make sure usb debugging is enabled in your phone.

go to settings/application/development to enable the debugging

step 2: connect the hone to your pc and run Unlockroot

step 3: click on root button

bingo!! you are rooted.

you can go to market and update your "superuser" app.

[INCREASING RAM AND SAVING PHONE MEMORY]

TO SAVE PHONE MEMORY:
in your phone applications and select preffered install location as SD card.

[TO INCREASE RAM SIZE AND PERFORMANCE]

step 1:

once rooted go to playmarket and download busybox app.... and use the app to install busybox latest version into your phone.

step 2:
download the attachment i gave called speed boost and install the app on your fone.
on your home screen add the speed boost widget.. its like a button and is very handy.
a click of this button frees ur memory ur fone actualli becomes amaxingly responsive with low lags

step3:

[This step may degrade ur memory card life..above two steps will sufficiently free your ram but this technique will give u that extra mb of ram apart from your phone ram using swapping technique]

Download an app called "swapper" from market and install
open the appp and grant the app permission [better to select remember this decision] for then if you have a 4 gb memory card...
select "active swap on boot".
enter the size in the box as 600 mb...make sure u have 1 gb of freespace on your memory card all the time. (if u have 8 gb cards u can use 900 mb too but make sure u have aroung 1 gb of extra free space on card)
click save..

Now itl take some time and you must have patience and wait...do not click anything because it is creating a swap file on your memory card.

once done deselect "active swap on boot".

click save and close the app..
again open the app, grant permission if it asks.

now select "active swap on boot"...it should show a message enabling swap.

NOW YOUR MEMORY CARD WILL BE USED AS 600 mb EXTRA RAM WEN U NEED IT DURING PLAYING HD GAMES WHAT I WILL TELL HOW TO IN NEXT SEGMENT.

Step 4:

DO THIS STEP ON YOUR OWN RISK....I HOLD NO RESPONSIBILITY>>>ONLY IF YOU ARE CONFIDENT DO THIS STEP ELSE SKIP TO NEXT GAMING SEGMENT..

[ above 3 steps will give sufficient ram to play games but this is one extra step you can do if you want ..can help you to recover more ram by DEFAULT]

install "root explorer" and download the "hololauncher.apk" and copy to sd card.

open root explorer and click on "mount R/W"

go to "sdcard" folder and go to place where you placed holo launcher.
copy it and come back to root folder and go to system/app and paste it
long hold on the file and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
in the same folder search for "MLabsLauncher.apk"... cut it and paste in in ur sd card...as a back up...

MAKE SURE U DO STEPS PROPERLY ELSE UR PHONE WILL HAVE TO BE FLASHED WITH STOCK ROM AGAIN..

NOW here we removed the default mlabs launcher by micromax that keeps running no matter what and uses 13Mb!!!! of RAM...and user a lighter ics clone "hololauncher"..

[HD GAMING ON A87]

assuming u followed the previous segment till step 3...i.e swaping process....now we proceed to turn the ninja to a gaming device..YES!! all HD gaming u need...

step 1:

Download and install CHAINFIRE 3D pro ....you will get the pro app after the google search just copy the .apk from computer to sd card and then install on your phone.

step 2:

there are 3 zip files inside the drivers.zip file...copy the 3 zip files to your root folder of sd card...

step 3:

open Chainfire 3d and in that select "CF3D driver" and select install driver or search driver....it will automatically search and install drivers

step 4:

to play a HD game.(ex: asphalt 6) install the game and open chainfire 3d.
go to "per-app openGL settings"

scroll the list and find the game (ex: asphalt6) and select it

ul get a menu...with default settings ticked....untick it and

select the following options:

"reduce texture quality"
"reduce texture size"
"disable mapbuffer emu"
"hide CF3D id"

thats it.... you have succesfully turned your MICROMAX A87 NINJA 4.0 to a HD gaming device (with a few lags at time) but hey better than NO GAMING ryt??!! :) and you have increased your phone RAM size "virtually"!! and you have increased your phone speed!!!

Remeber after closing games....click on that speed boost widget on your home screen twice or thrice !!:)
and in the games are crashing....open swapper...disable active swap and save...then again enable active swap and save... click widget twice...:)

I tried the game with few lags:
SAMURAI 2 VENGENCE
ASPHALT 5
ASPHALT 6
Drift Mania 2
Drift Mania
Raging Thunder 2
Battle bears
SkateBoard Party HD
NOVA HD
NOVA 2 HD
Sports Car Challenge HD
Tom Clancys H.A.W.X

Games THAT wont work:
G.T.A 3 (m workin on a solution)

Hope this tutorial helped ALL the Micromax A87 Users...Please comment Thanks and if any comments and doubts...

-A.X.A.I

Speedboost , chainfire3d pro and its drivers are attached below..:)

Attachments

• Chainfire3D_Pro_v3.3.rar
    329.6 KB · Views: 4,616
  • drivers.rar
    9.7 KB · Views: 4,502
  • speedboost.rar
    818.8 KB · Views: 5,513
Last edited:

saransaleen

Oct 12, 2012
Can you clarify these doubts?

Hi axai, nice tut on rooting and increasing ram on the phone. In the gaming section, however, I have a few doubts. Namely:
1. in step 2 you told that "there are 3 zip files inside the drivers.zip file...copy the 3 zip files to your root folder of sd card..." I don't have a root folder on my sd card... should I create it?
2. I copied the 3 zip files on to the sd card (not into any folder on the sd card itself). Whn i clicked install driver in Chainfire3d, it gives me a warning that my phone may or may not boot. I'm scared if it doesn't boot, it'll mess up my phone :mad:. Did the same warning come up for you?

Will you please answer these questions I really want to play samurai 2: Vengence on my phone but am scared to install chainfire 3d driver because it gives me the warning message. :(
Regards,
Sam

96mb

Feb 22, 2012
Ahmedabad
I need serious HELP!!!

Hey, 1st of all thanks for your hardwork. :eek:

I followed the steps(only 1 to 3)exactly how you mentioned and i entered 512mb ram. the file was successfully created but it was not using it i even used swapper2 which was from another dev. but nothing helped. i cant even play temple run, subway surfer and fruit ninja lags too! please help. Also it didnt boost any performnce it looks like it just crfeated a512mb file and thats it! i have made exception in killing that app and my mmc has 6 GB free but nothing works PLS HELP!!! :good:

Last edited:

suryam203

Oct 4, 2012
Hi axai, nice tut on rooting and increasing ram on the phone. In the gaming section, however, I have a few doubts. Namely:
1. in step 2 you told that "there are 3 zip files inside the drivers.zip file...copy the 3 zip files to your root folder of sd card..." I don't have a root folder on my sd card... should I create it?
2. I copied the 3 zip files on to the sd card (not into any folder on the sd card itself). Whn i clicked install driver in Chainfire3d, it gives me a warning that my phone may or may not boot. I'm scared if it doesn't boot, it'll mess up my phone :mad:. Did the same warning come up for you?

Will you please answer these questions I really want to play samurai 2: Vengence on my phone but am scared to install chainfire 3d driver because it gives me the warning message. :(
Regards,
Sam
u can copy the zip files any where on ur sdcard no prob
the error msg comes for all
i have completed samurai vengance 2 on my a87 great game

saransaleen

Oct 12, 2012
Ok I got chainfire 3d installed but cant samurai vengeance to work.

Ok I got chainfire 3d to install :) but I cannot get Samurai II vengeance to work. I reduced texture quality , texture size, disabled map buffer emu, but I didn't change anuthing in the plugins options. When I open S 2 it gives me a force close error :(. Is it a problem with the .apk that I downloaded or what... Can anyone help me I really want to play this game.
Regards,
Sam

Last edited:

manju_xda

Feb 24, 2012
I think the busybox not installed properly.. chec that bcoz first time I also got the same problem
Sent from my Micromax A87 using xda app-developers app

manju_xda

Feb 24, 2012
give some tips....

Hi Boss.. I done everything as you instructed and i'm able to PLAY the following games..

SAMURAI 2 VENGENCE
Drift Mania 2
Drift Mania
Raging Thunder 2
Battle bears

BUT NOT ABLE TO PLAY THESE GAME....

NOVA HD
NOVA 2 HD
Sports Car Challenge HD
Tom Clancys H.A.W.X

Please tell me is there any tricks or special settings for these games... I'm waiting friend.:victory:

omiking44

Oct 8, 2012
Pune Maharastra
I hav created swap file done everything u said but whenever I restart my phone my swap file gone I hav to all the steps again what to do pls help..

00daniyal00

May 20, 2012
Boot screen stuck after successful root

I have followed the above tutorial and have successfully rooted my device. Everything worked like a charm....even installed superuser 3.0, busybox and swapper2 from playstore. Everything was working fine until i rebooted the device. When i restarted my ninja a87, it stuck at boot screen showing logo and :Superfone|Ninja4.0"

I tried to get into recovery several times, which seems finely working, though i though it may be corrupted, hence reinstalled it via command prompt from tutorial given here=>androidforums.com/a87-all-things-root/620430-flashing-stock-recovery.html
Everything seems same, and no change in boot stuck, i tried to flash the rom given here=>androidforums.com/a87-all-things-root/624879-flashing-stock-rom.html#post5017556

But unfortunately, it is giving me error.

After putting LQAEB28_2012-08-18_factory_update.zip onto sd card(formatted as FAT) in root of sdcard, i followed these steps:

Method 1
1. I entered into recovery by pressing Vol up + power until logo appears.
2. first tried to "apply update from sdcard"
3. It gives me option => Yes-Install /sdcard/update.zip
4. It gives error "E:Can't open /sdcard.update.zip (no such file or directory) Installation aborted.

then i tried another method

Method 2
.1. I entered into recovery by pressing Vol up + power until logo appears.
2. Install zip from sdcard
3. Choose zip from sdcard
4. Selected " LQAEB28_2012-08-18_factory_update.zip"
then it confirms install
5. Yes-Install LQAEB28_2012-08-18_factory_update.zip
then it log following lines:
--Installing: /sdcard/LQAEB28_2012-08-18_factory_update.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: package_extract_file("nv.cfg", "/sdcard/image/nv.cfg")
E:Error in /sdcard/LQAEB28_2012-08-18_factory_update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Now, please tell me what I am doing wrong? or do you people got stock rom so that i can flash it...please help me put, I beg you all here.

axaitechie

Oct 21, 2012

Regards,
Sam

srry i was quiet busy wid college and academics:) so cudn reply early..... not necessary:) yeah i got that message but then i tuk the risk:) but if u feel its risky u may not want to try...and neways doesn reali make much diff:)

axaitechie

Oct 21, 2012
I have followed the above tutorial and have successfully rooted my device. Everything worked like a charm....even installed superuser 3.0, busybox and swapper2 from playstore. Everything was working fine until i rebooted the device. When i restarted my ninja a87, it stuck at boot screen showing logo and :Superfone|Ninja4.0"

I tried to get into recovery several times, which seems finely working, though i though it may be corrupted, hence reinstalled it via command prompt from tutorial given here=>androidforums.com/a87-all-things-root/620430-flashing-stock-recovery.html
Everything seems same, and no change in boot stuck, i tried to flash the rom given here=>androidforums.com/a87-all-things-root/624879-flashing-stock-rom.html#post5017556

But unfortunately, it is giving me error.

After putting LQAEB28_2012-08-18_factory_update.zip onto sd card(formatted as FAT) in root of sdcard, i followed these steps:

Method 1
1. I entered into recovery by pressing Vol up + power until logo appears.
2. first tried to "apply update from sdcard"
3. It gives me option => Yes-Install /sdcard/update.zip
4. It gives error "E:Can't open /sdcard.update.zip (no such file or directory) Installation aborted.

then i tried another method

Method 2
.1. I entered into recovery by pressing Vol up + power until logo appears.
2. Install zip from sdcard
3. Choose zip from sdcard
4. Selected " LQAEB28_2012-08-18_factory_update.zip"
then it confirms install
5. Yes-Install LQAEB28_2012-08-18_factory_update.zip
then it log following lines:
--Installing: /sdcard/LQAEB28_2012-08-18_factory_update.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: package_extract_file("nv.cfg", "/sdcard/image/nv.cfg")
E:Error in /sdcard/LQAEB28_2012-08-18_factory_update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Now, please tell me what I am doing wrong? or do you people got stock rom so that i can flash it...please help me put, I beg you all here.

hey dont wporry...thing is u need a cwm recovery to do this job...stock recovery wont let u do any any work....

http://prostylepc.in/solutionhow-to-restore-recovery-of-micromax-ninja-4-a87/

this post may help u:) and please do not try anything if u r not sure:) be careful brother and dont panic...devs are good for this fone..itl b fine:)

axaitechie

Oct 21, 2012
Hi Boss.. I done everything as you instructed and i'm able to PLAY the following games..

SAMURAI 2 VENGENCE
Drift Mania 2
Drift Mania
Raging Thunder 2
Battle bears

BUT NOT ABLE TO PLAY THESE GAME....

NOVA HD
NOVA 2 HD
Sports Car Challenge HD
Tom Clancys H.A.W.X

Please tell me is there any tricks or special settings for these games... I'm waiting friend.:victory:

sports car challenge works with the "per app " tweak in the chainfire 3d.. reduce all the given options...but will lag....nova 2 is laggy so i gave up...i use upto 1.5 gb om my memory card n still its slow... n try to understand bro:) this phone was not even meant to run 3 apps at once..we running HD games i s reeli a thing...Dont worry soon as soon as any devs come up il host one more tutorial:)...axai

axaitechie

Oct 21, 2012
I hav created swap file done everything u said but whenever I restart my phone my swap file gone I hav to all the steps again what to do pls help..

please do wait till the swap process initially finishes:) it myt seems its stuck but it takes 5 mins to 7 mins:)....and first delect active swap on boot...click save..than again select the on boot option and click save:) itl work:)....

axaitechie

Oct 21, 2012
Hey, 1st of all thanks for your hardwork. :eek:

I followed the steps(only 1 to 3)exactly how you mentioned and i entered 512mb ram. the file was successfully created but it was not using it i even used swapper2 which was from another dev. but nothing helped. i cant even play temple run, subway surfer and fruit ninja lags too! please help. Also it didnt boost any performnce it looks like it just crfeated a512mb file and thats it! i have made exception in killing that app and my mmc has 6 GB free but nothing works PLS HELP!!! :good:

Dont use swapper 2...use swapper....will do:)

mustafab

Oct 30, 2012
Can swapper work on a class 4 memory card??

I have an 8gb class 4 memory card will swapping work on it??
And also does swapping have no side effects other than degraded memory card life?? :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MICROMAX A87 NINJA 4.0 [DRIVER SOLVED / ROOTING / RAM INCREASE /HD GAMING MODS]

HI axai here...
    i bought this fone ninja 4.0 that came with a ULTRA VIBRANT 4 inch WVGA 480x800 display that is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the display of optimus black which claims to "outshine the sun" :p

this post is for the MICROMAX A87 [superfone ninja 4.0] users.this post will deal with..
    1)rooting your device
    2)increasing your RAM using 3 sure shot techniques to work
    2)Enabling HD gaming to play nvidia TEGRA games like samurain 2 vengence, and mid level HD games like asphalt 5/6, driftmania and many more

to root your micromax a87
    you need the drivers installed... and to get the method to clean installl the drivers not the old sdk and drivers.zip method follow this post

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33071477#post33071477

[ROOTING]
    switch on your internet connect [not needed but preffered]

step 1:
    now to assuming you followed the above post and drivers installed download unlockroot and install
    make sure usb debugging is enabled in your phone.

go to settings/application/development to enable the debugging

step 2: connect the hone to your pc and run Unlockroot

step 3: click on root button

bingo!! you are rooted.

you can go to market and update your "superuser" app.

[INCREASING RAM AND SAVING PHONE MEMORY]

TO SAVE PHONE MEMORY:
    in your phone applications and select preffered install location as SD card.

[TO INCREASE RAM SIZE AND PERFORMANCE]

step 1:

once rooted go to playmarket and download busybox app.... and use the app to install busybox latest version into your phone.

step 2:
    download the attachment i gave called speed boost and install the app on your fone.
    on your home screen add the speed boost widget.. its like a button and is very handy.
    a click of this button frees ur memory ur fone actualli becomes amaxingly responsive with low lags

step3:

[This step may degrade ur memory card life..above two steps will sufficiently free your ram but this technique will give u that extra mb of ram apart from your phone ram using swapping technique]

Download an app called "swapper" from market and install
    open the appp and grant the app permission [better to select remember this decision] for then if you have a 4 gb memory card...
    select "active swap on boot".
    enter the size in the box as 600 mb...make sure u have 1 gb of freespace on your memory card all the time. (if u have 8 gb cards u can use 900 mb too but make sure u have aroung 1 gb of extra free space on card)
    click save..

Now itl take some time and you must have patience and wait...do not click anything because it is creating a swap file on your memory card.

once done deselect "active swap on boot".

click save and close the app..
    again open the app, grant permission if it asks.

now select "active swap on boot"...it should show a message enabling swap.

NOW YOUR MEMORY CARD WILL BE USED AS 600 mb EXTRA RAM WEN U NEED IT DURING PLAYING HD GAMES WHAT I WILL TELL HOW TO IN NEXT SEGMENT.

Step 4:

DO THIS STEP ON YOUR OWN RISK....I HOLD NO RESPONSIBILITY>>>ONLY IF YOU ARE CONFIDENT DO THIS STEP ELSE SKIP TO NEXT GAMING SEGMENT..

[ above 3 steps will give sufficient ram to play games but this is one extra step you can do if you want ..can help you to recover more ram by DEFAULT]

install "root explorer" and download the "hololauncher.apk" and copy to sd card.

open root explorer and click on "mount R/W"

go to "sdcard" folder and go to place where you placed holo launcher.
    copy it and come back to root folder and go to system/app and paste it
    long hold on the file and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
    in the same folder search for "MLabsLauncher.apk"... cut it and paste in in ur sd card...as a back up...

MAKE SURE U DO STEPS PROPERLY ELSE UR PHONE WILL HAVE TO BE FLASHED WITH STOCK ROM AGAIN..

NOW here we removed the default mlabs launcher by micromax that keeps running no matter what and uses 13Mb!!!! of RAM...and user a lighter ics clone "hololauncher"..

[HD GAMING ON A87]

assuming u followed the previous segment till step 3...i.e swaping process....now we proceed to turn the ninja to a gaming device..YES!! all HD gaming u need...

step 1:

Download and install CHAINFIRE 3D pro ....you will get the pro app after the google search just copy the .apk from computer to sd card and then install on your phone.

step 2:

there are 3 zip files inside the drivers.zip file...copy the 3 zip files to your root folder of sd card...

step 3:

open Chainfire 3d and in that select "CF3D driver" and select install driver or search driver....it will automatically search and install drivers

step 4:

to play a HD game.(ex: asphalt 6) install the game and open chainfire 3d.
    go to "per-app openGL settings"

scroll the list and find the game (ex: asphalt6) and select it

ul get a menu...with default settings ticked....untick it and

select the following options:

"reduce texture quality"
    "reduce texture size"
    "disable mapbuffer emu"
    "hide CF3D id"

thats it.... you have succesfully turned your MICROMAX A87 NINJA 4.0 to a HD gaming device (with a few lags at time) but hey better than NO GAMING ryt??!! :) and you have increased your phone RAM size "virtually"!! and you have increased your phone speed!!!

Remeber after closing games....click on that speed boost widget on your home screen twice or thrice !!:)
    and in the games are crashing....open swapper...disable active swap and save...then again enable active swap and save... click widget twice...:)

I tried the game with few lags:
    SAMURAI 2 VENGENCE
    ASPHALT 5
    ASPHALT 6
    Drift Mania 2
    Drift Mania
    Raging Thunder 2
    Battle bears
    SkateBoard Party HD
    NOVA HD
    NOVA 2 HD
    Sports Car Challenge HD
    Tom Clancys H.A.W.X

Games THAT wont work:
    G.T.A 3 (m workin on a solution)

Hope this tutorial helped ALL the Micromax A87 Users...Please comment Thanks and if any comments and doubts...

-A.X.A.I

Speedboost , chainfire3d pro and its drivers are attached below..:)
    Swapper

Which soft did u use for swap ram? can u send the link at play store?

Hi... here it is
    Worked SuperR!!!!!

THANKS BOSS....

it's worked very nice.. now i'm playing all the games.. Thanks once again.
    I have an 8gb class 4 memory card will swapping work on it??
    And also does swapping have no side effects other than degraded memory card life?? :confused:

you need minimum class 6...I am gonna to use class10 :D
    hey great video tutorial on Youtube for our Ninja 4.0 ..see my sign for link :D