my nexus 10 screen , has a yellow spot when displaying white!!!!!!

Search This thread

solom.doctor1990

Jun 15, 2014
Any one can tell me what may be the cause and how can i fix it , the screen is working properly but this yellow colour is just annoying and i think it increases with usage

Reactions: notevt

etownster

Aug 10, 2014
Nexus 10 yellow blotches on screen

I'm having the exact same problem on a year old nexus 10, that is a central pale yellow brown stain most visible on a white background.
It looks like a nicotine stain as if some heavy smoker had been handling the screen. Initially I thought the screen protector had yellowed so I removed it but no improvement at all.

Have others seen this problem? Any solution?

Bone_Enterprise

Nov 24, 2008
www.inceptioncigars.com
Going to bump this thread, I just recently purchased a used Nexus 10 from someone and have this same issue, short of sending this to get repaired (out of warranty) is there any known fixes?

I have looked all over and have not found anything, the only viable thing I found which was Display Control by franciscofranco does not work on the Nexus 10.

Any information would be appreciated.

notevt

Apr 16, 2012
Screen Yellowing

I've got the same issue of the screen turning a kind of dirty yellow on about 75% of the screen. I bought it on first day of sale release. I think the it's been yellowing for about 2 months or so. Also have gotten a significantly shorter battery life in the last couple of months or so. Thinking of putting in a new battery. Great unit. Getting kind of kludgy though. I have to keep killing apps that start up and run on their own.

Craigehassell

Sep 8, 2014
Screen burn or whatever

Same happened to my original Nexus 10 after about 6 months. Now the replacement is doing the same, again after about 6 months!

hero66

Jan 6, 2013
I am wondering, how this could happend. My Nexus is over an year old and I couldn't find a yellow touch on the screan. What is the normal using scenario od your Tablet ?

jefflikesbagels

Oct 19, 2010
Ive had mine for close to two years now, same issue. I even sent mine to samsung during the warranty period, but they are full on retard. They “updated“ the software then sent it back. They wasted just about 2 months of my time to do that.

I try my hardest to just ignore it nowadays.

dgcruzing

Nov 21, 2010
Mermaid Beach QLD
Same boat for me.. Yellow tinge right where I see it..
Fine with videos and black background... Not been left on as always had it screen off after a minute of no use...
Just been usual usage over the last two years..I must admit..lots of usage each and everyday but what pisses me off is my TF101 screen which is two years older almost and still OK...
Seems there is no screens around as well as been hunting high and low on the net..
If you have this problem head to the google groups page and post so that others know..

https://productforums.google.com/fo.../nexus/other-discussions/nexus-10/G0zLHMvjx9I

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any one can tell me what may be the cause and how can i fix it , the screen is working properly but this yellow colour is just annoying and i think it increases with usage