Lumia 800 Touchscreen Bug?

Search This thread

mickfarr

Dec 6, 2007
Dublin
Mine does but only with the charger plugged in. Try plugging in your charger and open up a webpage, try holding down on some text until the cursor pops up and see if it shakes about.

ChrisKringel

Jan 6, 2009
I did notice this a few days ago. But it stoped behaving this way a few days ago and now everything works fine.

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
Mine does but only with the charger plugged in. Try plugging in your charger and open up a webpage, try holding down on some text until the cursor pops up and see if it shakes about.

Yep, just checked mine plugged in and it does it. Seems a lot of phones get digitizer issues when plugged in, you'd think they'd have isolated the cause by now.

Heathcliff74

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2010
The new 12070 update is available here. It is confirmed unbranded. You can update any Lumia 800. It improves battery, fixes hardware keys and also fixes the touchscreen-issue described in this thread.

Ciao,
Heathcliff74

EDIT: OOPS!! Spoke too soon! Touchscreen issue is back! :(

Last edited:

Boburto

Feb 16, 2011
It's a grounding issue. How bad it is can depend on the humidity in the room and if the phone is plugged in our not.

It affects all capacitive screens to a degree, just some companies are better at masking the effect. It depends on how good your touchscreen controller is, and nokia's isn't the best.