[ROM][RADIO]UCLA3 2.3.6 STOCK ROM(NOciq)/UCLA3 Modem/FEB 24

Search This thread

DoctorQMM

Feb 24, 2011
Is it possible to get it to work with sky? Meaning the modem and kernel. Now that would be nice!! A weird thing happend to me not sure what happend. I flashed the 2.3.6 ROM from cd and flashed the ucla3 kernel and modem. Today I flashed back to sky ics speed and my baseband was still ucla3. Now when I flash a new rom I do a 3e wipe then cwm wipe. How was it still there?

I've asked the same question... It seems the modem has it's own partition. So when we wipe data and cache partitions, format /system partition, then flash rom... it doesn't wipe the partition where the modem is stored. When you flash a new modem it will finally overwrite the previous modem.

hcyplr29

May 30, 2011
Sin City
Try using apn backup/restore. Backup apns before flashing modem, restore apns after modem flash if your having problems with data. And i dont see why it wont work on sky ics, i have been running the kernal modem combo on my cwm restore of red sonja for about an hour and all seem fine.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

Ehh..I flashed the ucla3 modem on sky ics not impressive. I wanna try the kernel but wanna wait till I know its OK.

The top 3 are from kj2
The bottom 3 are ucla3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330233774782.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330233774782.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 273

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
I've asked the same question... It seems the modem has it's own partition. So when we wipe data and cache partitions, format /system partition, then flash rom... it doesn't wipe the partition where the modem is stored. When you flash a new modem it will finally overwrite the previous modem.

Yes. Your right it does. Modems and roms are flashed individually. Once you flash modem it will stick unless you flash a different one.

EDIT: were pretty lucky with our skyrockets, modems/radios are fairly easy to change, cwm flashable at least. Before skyrocket i had inspire,radios were not cwm flashable and a bad radio flash could hard brick ya lol

Last edited:

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
Penta-Band radios rock! As stated by nother user, this is the best radio qualcomm has ever released.

M0D1441

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2011
ATX
Cannot..deodex....framework...........must....deodex................*dies*
No but really, i'm having some issues deodexing, since i've never deodexed an ENTIRE ROM before, and now i'm running into alot of issues. any chance anyone with deodex experience can post a d.o. version of UCLA3?

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
No but really, i'm having some issues deodexing, since i've never deodexed an ENTIRE ROM before, and now i'm running into alot of issues. any chance anyone with deodex experience can post a d.o. version of UCLA3?

Sorry but I can't help. I wish I could. For what its worth I've been using the kitchen and there are about 7 files that will not deodex in the kitchen :(

plwalsh88

Apr 4, 2011
Boston, MA

According to silver over in his UCLA3 ROM thread, he said he deodexed it and was getting ready to upload...

netw0lf

Dec 8, 2011
Toronto
ok folks we finally made it. silver has been busting his butt for the past three days, mucho thanks to him.:D

I am running it on Rogers LTE network in Toronto Canada. Everything works with the exception of Tethering. When I click on the portable hotspot, it gives me an Error: Mobile Data is not available or Invalid SIM.

Any help?

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
Yup. I backed up and restored via APN Backup and Restore. Everything else is working with the exception of Tethering

Have you flashed the kernal? Multiple users reported tethering worked great after silver posted the kernal, same with me. A few other users also said that a tethering app from the market worked too. And one more question, have you froze tethering manager with titanium backup? Let us know if any of these work k

netw0lf

Dec 8, 2011
Toronto
Have you flashed the kernal? Multiple users reported tethering worked great after silver posted the kernal, same with me. A few other users also said that a tethering app from the market worked too. And one more question, have you froze tethering manager with titanium backup? Let us know if any of these work k

I did install the kernel and the ROM.

I froze the Tethering Manager via System Tuner and installed Wifi Tether which fails on setting ad-hoc mode. However, I installed Open Garden from the market which allows me to setup tethering via ad-hoc mode and works on my computer.

I was, in the past, running Cyanowiz which is based off cm7 and wifi tether just worked. As this is ad-hoc mode, not HotSpot, my ICS based Asus Transformer Prime needed a hack (see the other posts on how to setup ad-hoc hotspots) on the wpa_supplicant2. But for now, it works on ad-hoc mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok folks we finally made it. silver has been busting his butt for the past three days, mucho thanks to him.:D

STOCK ZIPALIGNED UCLA3 2.3.6 ROM---https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7693548_2736667_990900
    Rom mirror---http://hotfile.com/dl/147732791/c4551c4/UCLA3_2.3.6_rom.zip.html
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Wipe cache/dalvik
    Format /system(under mounts and storage in cwm)
    Flash rom
    Reboot
    Enjoy

Carrier IQ is not present in the stock rom:p
    2.3.6 UCLA3 Stock kernal included in zip

STOCK UCLA3 MODEM --- http://www.mediafire.com/?h7bnu7kvpw7dqtg
    Modem mirror https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7693548_2736667_990795
    Wipe cache partition
    Wipe dalvik cache
    Reboot
    Enjoy

NOTE: Many people have already experienced better signal/data speeds with the stock 2.3.6 UCLA3 Modem/kernal combo. Personally my data speeds went from 3-4mbs up to 8-9mbs after flashing UCLA3 Modem/Kernal combo. The more feedback on this the better.

Good Luck! Look forward to hearing your feedback

Credit goes to
    Silver03wrx-for all the help
    Pirate Ghost--for clearing up adb commands
    Superfire71--for dumping the necessary files
    GeezyFLadies--for testing
    Gr8danes--testing new zip
    InstigatorX--file mirror's
    Hit their thanks button when you see these fine folks
    uploading rom again with fixed script.......

Thanks zip worked great

Just in case others can benefit - confirmed retained root after flashing modem and zip

nandroid and titanium BU in case:
    STARTED ON STOCK ROOTED Skyrocket 2.3.5 AT&T (with CWM recovery)
    1. wiped cache and dalvik
    2.flashed modem zip
    3. rebooted checked that it worked without issues
    4. wiped cache /dalvik
    5. flashed fruitcake zip
    6. rebooted
    7. all stuck - all update -still have root and all data and all

Thanks!!! modem for me made big difference in Chicago subs - used to get 3-5 mb on LTE out here and now 8-10mb with pretty solid connectivity cant wait to go into the city to see the ridiculous LTE speeds.

:)
    My brotha from anotha! Good work mah man!

Make sure you haven't updated Java Jdk beyond 6_30

Java 7 is what was breaking redsonja.

Just saying.......
    Took a while to see that.