[N10] CF-Auto-Root

Search This thread

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
CF-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root.

Donate
CF-Root has been available for many devices and has clocked over 9.5 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that already include it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every CF-Root user has donated me $1...

What's installed
- SuperSU binary and APK
- Nothing else, that's it.

Installation and usage

- Download the ZIP file (see post below for link)
- Extract the ZIP file
- Boot your device in bootloader/fastboot mode. Usually this can be done by turning your device off, then holding VolUp+VolDown+Power to turn it on.
- Connect your device to your computer using USB

- Windows:
--- Run root-windows.bat

- Linux
--- chmod +x root-linux.sh
--- Run root-linux.sh

- Mac OS X
--- chmod +x root-mac.sh
--- Run root-mac.sh

- Follow the on-screen instructions - watch both the computer and the device !

Note that if your device had not been unlocked before, this procedure will wipe all your data !

Are you having fastboot driver issues? You can find fastboot drivers in many places, but the easiest way is probably just installing the Android SDK.

Did you see the red Android logo during rooting, but SuperSU does not appear? This may sometimes occur due to left-over files and settings, however, you can usually install SuperSU from Google Play at this stage and it'll just work.

Not included - adbd Insecure
As this CF-Root does not include a custom kernel, adb shell does not have root access by default (you can still get it by typing su inside the shell), nor is adb remount supported, nor will adb push and adb pull work on system files. adbd Insecure can be used to remedy this situation. (No idea what this is about ? Don't worry about it !)

CF-Auto-Root homepage
http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

CF-Auto-Root main thread
[CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root
For requests for new roots and generic discussion - please keep device specific discussion in the thread you are viewing now.

Last edited:

case-sensitive

Nov 4, 2010
Thanks!

Newbie question: Does CF-Auto-root unlock the bootloader as well? (probably not, as I understand from your post and that's what I want, but I want to be sure...)

Reactions: sprice5

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Thanks!

Newbie question: Does CF-Auto-root unlock the bootloader as well? (probably not, as I understand from your post and that's what I want, but I want to be sure...)

No, this does not unlock the bootloader it only gives you root acess and installs the SuperSu app. To unlock the bootloader you must use fastboot and type the command:

fastboot oem unlock

I would suggest taking a look at mskip and wugfreshs toolkits located in the original development and development section of the nexus 10 forums respectively for a simple way to unlock your bootloader.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

notoriouspk

Oct 17, 2010
Toronto
Good to see nexus 10 getting all this support from Android gurus here on xda ...but again it's a nexus device ...me glad I bought it ...extremely happy with my purchase thanks chainfire for this easy root method as usual it works :p

nofam

Nov 22, 2010
Dunedin
So if this doesn't unlock your device, why does the OP state:

Note that if your device had not been unlocked before, this procedure will wipe all your data !?

Does rooting/installing SU wipe this device?

ShadowVlican

Feb 27, 2007
Toronto
His previous version didn't wipe the device, so I'm guessing this one doesn't either

Didn't need to unlock boot loader to root

FreakPrism

Jan 14, 2012
No, this does not unlock the bootloader it only gives you root acess and installs the SuperSu app. To unlock the bootloader you must use fastboot and type the command:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Are you sure? The script in the ZIP in OP has the following command:
Code:
tools\fastboot-windows.exe oem unlock

Does that not issue a unlock? Is it necessary to run this command?

d0nald01

Sep 4, 2010
hi there, not sure how to get this to work

its giving error because it can't find adbwinapi.dll

I installed the sdk for 4.2 already, not sure what i am missing

Thanks for help

d0nald01

Sep 4, 2010
now its stuck at waiting for device

when i plug in my n10 on bootloader screen, i hear the bad connection to usb sound, the 3 note sound, not the usual 2 note sound when i the connection is good.

but i am still able to see my n10 when i boot it up normally and can transfer files etc

am i missing something?

trublu

Oct 10, 2007
I'm also stuck on "waiting for device" also. any way around this?

Edit: Downloading and installing full drivers fixed it.

Last edited:

mieszk3

Nov 18, 2008
Poznan
Hi, I've just bought n10. I want be sure if this procedure will wipe my data? I read that unlocking cause wipe everything. But I don't need it, root is enough :) Thanks for help.

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
From the first post:

Note that if your device had not been unlocked before, this procedure will wipe all your data !

Hi, I've just bought n10. I want be sure if this procedure will wipe my data? I read that unlocking cause wipe everything. But I don't need it, root is enough :) Thanks for help.

Seems pretty obvious to me. I didn't put it in bold red letters because it's irrelevant.

Reactions: mieszk3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root.

Donate
    CF-Root has been available for many devices and has clocked over 9.5 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that already include it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every CF-Root user has donated me $1...

What's installed
    - SuperSU binary and APK
    - Nothing else, that's it.

Installation and usage

- Download the ZIP file (see post below for link)
    - Extract the ZIP file
    - Boot your device in bootloader/fastboot mode. Usually this can be done by turning your device off, then holding VolUp+VolDown+Power to turn it on.
    - Connect your device to your computer using USB

- Windows:
    --- Run root-windows.bat

- Linux
    --- chmod +x root-linux.sh
    --- Run root-linux.sh

- Mac OS X
    --- chmod +x root-mac.sh
    --- Run root-mac.sh

- Follow the on-screen instructions - watch both the computer and the device !

Are you having fastboot driver issues? You can find fastboot drivers in many places, but the easiest way is probably just installing the Android SDK.

Did you see the red Android logo during rooting, but SuperSU does not appear? This may sometimes occur due to left-over files and settings, however, you can usually install SuperSU from Google Play at this stage and it'll just work.

Not included - adbd Insecure
    As this CF-Root does not include a custom kernel, adb shell does not have root access by default (you can still get it by typing su inside the shell), nor is adb remount supported, nor will adb push and adb pull work on system files. adbd Insecure can be used to remedy this situation. (No idea what this is about ? Don't worry about it !)

CF-Auto-Root homepage
    http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

CF-Auto-Root main thread
    [CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root
    For requests for new roots and generic discussion - please keep device specific discussion in the thread you are viewing now.
    Download

2013.05.20 --- CF-Auto-Root

SuperSU: v1.30

Download: CF-Auto-Root-manta-mantaray-nexus10.zip

--- History ---
    2013.05.20: SuperSU v1.30
    2013.02.20: SuperSU v1.05
    2012.12.02: SuperSU v0.98
    CF-Auto-Root has been updated with the 4.3 SuperSU. I've only been able to test the Galaxy Nexus version myself, but it should work on the N10. Let me know if it doesn't.
    All CF-Auto-Root's have been updated with SuperSU v1.05 today !
    Updated with the latest SuperSU v1.30