[APP] Themes for Windows Phone

Search This thread

Jaxbot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com
Hey ;)
Ducking out of coursework for a minute to write this post.
I've constructed a little hack using fiinix's custom tile system. It's actually super simple, where it loads generated data in for tiles, pins them, and then upon loading, redirects the user to the app.

themesappv1.png

It's a little glitchy and could use some improvements, but I figured I'd get it out before the holiday season ;) Feel free to share any thoughts, comments, bug reports, etc., and feel free to share themes here, too.

As for the source, I don't have it packaged up currently, but if anyone wants a look, let me know and I'll share it. Nothing fancy.

Here's the links:
Download: http://windowsphonehacker.com/articles/themes_for_windows_phone_first_release-12-12-11
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=audIpFTqUC4&feature=player_embedded

JulietteOnXDA

Jul 6, 2011
Berlin
Delta Theme

Let me introduce you:

The Windows Phone 7 Delta Theme.

di-TGOS.jpg

This Theme is based upon the Photographs of ... myself. So basicly I tried to bring several new aspects into the design of Windows Phone without ruining it with odd-looking glass effects etc.

Hope you like it!

Shameless-Advert: As stated above, Photographs are done by myself, check my portfolio at klaus-widraw.de.

To download the xap visit the theme thread.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Jaxbot

Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com
It's really well put together, however there are a couple of things wrong

• No Large Tiles (eg Calender)
  • No Email Tiles (Individual or Linked)
  • Some System Tiles are Image Less (eg Office)

Working on adding some system items and larger icons. Biggest issue here is email, which we can't seem to find a way to link to, as it's on a per-account basis, and we don't know the tokens for them

lovenokia

Sep 1, 2011
i have this program on my device but i cannot open any of the applications that i applied this theme to. Is this normal or have you not implemented this?

starsoccer9

Jun 8, 2009
Just so I make sure I hear this right your app basiclly just launches itself right away? Also does this mean when I press the start button what is really happening is i am being directed to the homescreen and then the homescreen is directing me to your app?

...No?
This is the actual homescreen.

LOL. that would be a homescreen in layers and I immediately thought of....

Shrek: [peels an onion] NO! Layers. Onions have layers. Ogres have layers. Onions have layers. You get it? We both have layers.
[walks off]
Donkey: Oh, you both have LAYERS. Oh. You know, not everybody like onions. What about cake? Everybody loves cake!
Shrek: I don't care what everyone else likes! Ogres are not like cakes.
Donkey: You know what ELSE everybody likes? Parfaits! Have you ever met a person, you say, "Let's get some parfait," they say, "Hell no, I don't like no parfait"? Parfaits are delicious!
Shrek: NO! You dense, irritating, miniature beast of burden! Ogres are like onions! End of story! Bye-bye! See ya later.
Donkey: Parfait's gotta be the most delicious thing on the whole damn planet!

anyway, can't wait for the next version with fixes. The background image spanning over tiles is Parfait. thank you!

Jaxbot

Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com
LOL. that would be a homescreen in layers and I immediately thought of....

anyway, can't wait for the next version with fixes. The background image spanning over tiles is Parfait. thank you!

I've been.. trolled? Or more... ogred ;)
Anyway, new version with fixes is up. Rush job, but it should clean up most of the common issues.

starsoccer9

Jun 8, 2009
Lmao ok I understand now. On a differnt note if I install this app and then unistall it will it remove all the custom tiles I have. Also is the xap file just the one theme you select.

CruciasNZ

Sep 16, 2011
Christchurch
www.revenantwings.org
Working on adding some system items and larger icons. Biggest issue here is email, which we can't seem to find a way to link to, as it's on a per-account basis, and we don't know the tokens for them

Cheers for the reply, that's unfortunate regarding the Emails. Perhaps you should focus on linked inboxes. Just say the Themes only support fully linked email boxes.

The commands for linking should make it easier to locate the app (at least in my mind it would oO)

ok, just tried this but I am having problems. I can apply my own background image to the default theme, however when I click "Background Theme" and add an app from the market I get the app but as soon as I add one single app, I cannot apply a background image. When I get out of this window and back to main, nothing changed. Still shows the default. Shouldn't it now show the newly added app and the arrangement I made under "Background Theme"? It doesn't.

When I add an app from the main window and remove apps it works fine. I cannot reorder apps though. When I then open "Background theme" to reorder what I just added and apply a background, I only see the default list. I can add a background and it's applied to the main window, however the app order is from the default and my added apps are at the end of the list. I cannot re-arrange in the main window. Again, as soon as I add an app in "Background Theme" I cannot apply a background. None of the apps added on that level are reflected in the main window.

Several times now I added my apps in the main window and was able to apply a background, however the tiles and apps in the main window reverted back to default as soon as I applied the background. I give up for now.
I am clearly missing something.

Never mind, just saw this post by Joe on Jaxbot's site.
"As of now, you have to manually add them to the "customs.txt" file in order for them to become default when making a new theme."

Last edited:

Dyskmaster

Jul 5, 2010
first off, ten thousand thanks for this, and second of all, does anyone have a link to where I can download the wp7 default app tiles (just the tiles in .png form) in the many different color schemes of wp7? a google and bing search yielded nothing useful. Thanks again!

itje

Retired Moderator
Jun 20, 2007
Kleppe
first off, ten thousand thanks for this, and second of all, does anyone have a link to where I can download the wp7 default app tiles (just the tiles in .png form) in the many different color schemes of wp7? a google and bing search yielded nothing useful. Thanks again!

try search for metro icons
deviantart.com could be a good place to try

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey ;)
    Ducking out of coursework for a minute to write this post.
    I've constructed a little hack using fiinix's custom tile system. It's actually super simple, where it loads generated data in for tiles, pins them, and then upon loading, redirects the user to the app.

themesappv1.png

It's a little glitchy and could use some improvements, but I figured I'd get it out before the holiday season ;) Feel free to share any thoughts, comments, bug reports, etc., and feel free to share themes here, too.

As for the source, I don't have it packaged up currently, but if anyone wants a look, let me know and I'll share it. Nothing fancy.

Here's the links:
    Download: http://windowsphonehacker.com/articles/themes_for_windows_phone_first_release-12-12-11
    Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=audIpFTqUC4&feature=player_embedded
    Delta Theme

Let me introduce you:

The Windows Phone 7 Delta Theme.

di-TGOS.jpg

This Theme is based upon the Photographs of ... myself. So basicly I tried to bring several new aspects into the design of Windows Phone without ruining it with odd-looking glass effects etc.

Hope you like it!

Shameless-Advert: As stated above, Photographs are done by myself, check my portfolio at klaus-widraw.de.

To download the xap visit the theme thread.

Cheers.
    My first attemt on skinning tiles
    To bad we cant do live tiles and double tiles yet...
    It's really well put together, however there are a couple of things wrong

• No Large Tiles (eg Calender)
    • No Email Tiles (Individual or Linked)
    • Some System Tiles are Image Less (eg Office)

Just so I make sure I hear this right your app basiclly just launches itself right away? Also does this mean when I press the start button what is really happening is i am being directed to the homescreen and then the homescreen is directing me to your app?

...No?
    This is the actual homescreen.