DNA Verizon OTA Package Zip 2.04.605.2 710RD OTA 2/14/13

Search This thread

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
I wish I was S-OFF but I'm still S-On which for this stuff can be a setback. Like I've been saying its HTCs Dev Unlock that is screwing us/me. Damn you Verizon and HTC.

We should still be able to flash the radios but we need someone to make us a update.zip. correct me if I'm wrong but they should be signed by HTC and if prepared correctly should be flashable.

Edit:
I'm not sure that our hboot looks for an update.zip.

Sent from my Droid DNA running ZoneDNA ROM..

Has anybody just tried to flash it via fast boot?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app

SAMPCam

I wish I was S-OFF but I'm still S-On which for this stuff can be a setback. Like I've been saying its HTCs Dev Unlock that is screwing us/me. Damn you Verizon and HTC.

We should still be able to flash the radios but we need someone to make us a update.zip. correct me if I'm wrong but they should be signed by HTC and if prepared correctly should be flashable.

Edit:
I'm not sure that our hboot looks for an update.zip.

Sent from my Droid DNA running ZoneDNA ROM..

Nope, does not appear so. Just tried it. Doesn't seem to recognize an update/firmware/PL83IMG.zip. Most likely because we don't have an sdcard, and hboot searches for those files on it.

Has anybody just tried to flash it via fast boot?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app

It could be worth a try. I am not sure if S-ON locks everything down. I remember when I had my Evo 3D/LTE you were able to flash certain files even with S-ON (if I remember correctly, that is - don't quote me on that).

Last edited:

Sjflowerhorn

Apr 28, 2010
Maple Shade/Collingswood/Cherry Hill
I'm almost sure the developers are already incorperating this update into there roms for updates. And if not looking for a way to root the new OTA. At least I'm hoping so lol, either way I'm not losing root for such few upgrades & bugfixes and I'm damn sure not bothering someone going through the trouble of chef'ing up roms for me for free haha.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

usopen

Jun 19, 2010
I'm almost sure the developers are already incorperating this update into there roms for updates. And if not looking for a way to root the new OTA. At least I'm hoping so lol, either way I'm not losing root for such few upgrades & bugfixes and I'm damn sure not bothering someone going through the trouble of chef'ing up roms for me for free haha.

+1 Amen to that!!!

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com

I used my original unlock_code.bin. But this phone is picky. To unlock I had to boot into bootloader while the phone is off in order for it to unlock. You must boot into HBOOT when the phone is off. I wouldn't just go jumping in and trying it unless you wouldn't mind locked until a way is discovered.

Last edited:

cmay227

Jun 8, 2010
Revert to stock, update,reunlock,flash recovery,root. Same as before. Everything works the same.

Reactions: Tybaltus Prime

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
It might be worth it to me if the new radio performs better. Can anybody comment on that?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
Same here. OTA is safe to do as long as you already did the unlock previously!!!! :)

Just so I have this straight.. you still had to OEM lock the phone correct? Then install the RUU boot up take the update then you were able to unlock like before? Did you use your previous unlock_code.bin or did you have to get a new one?

chazking

Mar 11, 2011
Coeur D Alene
Installed ota and then unlocked bootloader again flashed insecure kernel and went back to custom Rom all without a problem last night just to let people know

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

And the WiFi is faster on the new radios did speed test after installing and got 20166kpbs when I was only getting 18000kpbs before

Sjflowerhorn

Apr 28, 2010
I'm not going back to stock for such a trivial update. There's really nothing in there that screams at me to bother with that much work.

All you do is charge phone, plug in to computer, type "fastboot oem lock", run the ruu, then take the update. Then reuse your original cid and re unlock. Doesn't seem like much coming from Motorola's and even some samsungs seem to be way worse to take updates.

docnok63

Nov 22, 2012
Memphis, TN
All you do is charge phone, plug in to computer, type "fastboot oem lock", run the ruu, then take the update. Then reuse your original cid and re unlock. Doesn't seem like much coming from Motorola's and even some samsungs seem to be way worse to take updates

Yes, but then if I flash ViperDNA, I actually revert some files I just spent time upgrading. Obviously a complete waste of time. I'll wait until nit merges the OTA with the ROM. If I have to relock/unlock at that time so be it, but I'm not going back to stock for what amounts to a minor patch. If there was an Android or Sense version upgrade, that'd be another story.

Sjflowerhorn

Apr 28, 2010
Running ruu erase the phone even sd ?

Husker_DNA

Yes

Edit: Now that I am trying to update to 2.??? I have relocked my device, and I have ruu'd back to stock but my device will not find the update anymore. I have the OTAPkg.zip on my sdcard, if someone knows where to place it to be manually flashed that would be super helpful because the download folder certainly isn't doing it for me lol.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the raw Verizon OTA DNA 2.04.605.2 710RD OTA update.

You cannot flash this. I pulled it from my cache after downloading it.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474558

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    When I get home tonight(in 5 hours) I'll flash it and try to unlock.. But i am sure within the hours someone will have already done that and reported :p

Don't flash it. The hboot will relock. Wait for devs like me to put out a stock ROM patched before trying..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    i am by no means a developer but I did unzip the file and peek around there is a folder called firmware.zip and inside it has what appears to be all new

boot.img
    hboot_signedbyaa.img
    radio.img
    recovery.img

and a file called android-info.txt with the text

modelid: PL8320000 cidnum: VZW__001 mainver: 2.04.605.2 btype:1 aareport:1 hbootpreupdate:12

so yeah i wouldn't flash this.. but who am I to tell you what to do.. :D
    Can't wait to see what useful bits the developers find in there.

Maybe at least beaups and Jcase can look to see if it plugs any of the exploits.
    Can't wait to see what useful bits the developers find in there.

Maybe at least beaups and Jcase can look to see if it plugs any of the exploits.

Well the only "good" way to really look is for someone to install the update....