[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.2.2][GCC47] PAC-Man ROM v21 - PA/CM/AOKP - 03/13/2013

Search This thread

mmessina

Jan 6, 2012
Re: [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v20.0.0 - AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1 - 02/21/2013

Fantastic ROM

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

softballjunkee13

Apr 27, 2011
Re: [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v20.0.0 - AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1 - 02/21/2013

Any chance the S Pen features are functional. That's the only thing keeping me on TW

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

dligon

Oct 22, 2010
TEXAS
Any chance the S Pen features are functional. That's the only thing keeping me on TW

apparently someone has not read up or searched about TW and aosp based ROM's any aosp(cm 10, aokp etc..) you will lose anything that uses TW such as the S pen and other things that are tied into the TW framework for now I believe there is no work around there are a few S pen based apps you can use but probably not as good as the S note.

softballjunkee13

Apr 27, 2011

apparently someone has not read up or searched about TW and aosp based ROM's any aosp(cm 10, aokp etc..) you will lose anything that uses TW such as the S pen and other things that are tied into the TW framework for now I believe there is no work around there are a few S pen based apps you can use but probably not as good as the S note.

Apparently this someone is still new to this device. I just got it and all I ran so far is sky note. No need to be condescending bro. Too much of that in the SR forums. Noticed it was very minimal here. Let's not start a trend

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Apparently this someone is still new to this device. I just got it and all I ran so far is sky note. No need to be condescending bro. Too much of that in the SR forums. Noticed it was very minimal here. Let's not start a trend

All you gotta do is read. It's been mentioned 1000 times. SPEN is TW. AOKP, AOSP and CM are not SPEN functional. Only certain apps.

AW: [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v20.0.0 - AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1 - 02/21/2013

Waited for this one, thx!! Flashed over PA, runs great.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7105 mit Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

One question, wasn't there statusbar and navbar alpha transparency in the aokp romcontrol? Seen that in rootbox and so on. PA colors only makes it fully transparent and i loose my themed status- and navbar background.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7105 mit Tapatalk 2

softballjunkee13

Apr 27, 2011

Delete

Last edited:

Rocket42

Jul 22, 2011
Red Bluff, Ca

Just flashed!!!! Thank you. Anyone notice touch screen sensitivity is messed up.....i have to push my spacebar really hard to get it to work. I feel like I'm beating up my phone!!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Reactions: iZack187

Rocket42

Jul 22, 2011
Red Bluff, Ca

I felt that right after flashing but a day into it now, it kind of went away.

You have more patients then me...lol....drove me crazy...i seriously thought i was gonna poke my finger through my phone....ugh.

Sent from my i317 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Martinhdk

Mar 7, 2007
Awesome ROM. Way better than paranoid... Better battery life, more options. Fantastic work, a donation is on its way.

cosmosexschool

May 11, 2012
Just flashed!!!! Thank you. Anyone notice touch screen sensitivity is messed up.....i have to push my spacebar really hard to get it to work. I feel like I'm beating up my phone!!

I have not personally experienced it, but currently am merging PUB bits into the rom(GCC 4.7 / Overclockable Kernel / Linaro Addins), when it's complete I'll do a clean wipe and see if I notice it / anything that may be causing it. We can also see if more people experience it as it gets installed more.

Thanks everyone for trying the rom, make sure to give the original developers credit for most of it, but glad everyone is enjoying it thus far. Great rom pulling in the bits from the best around.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please see: New home, New Dev

Blownco asked if he could release a build, I gave him information on the differences I had in place from a build perspective(GCC 4.7 / Linarro(bionic)), I'm sure they will be incorporated if they are not already.

Thank you for the thanks, I am focusing on an in depth project, and thankful Blownco has taken up my slack.

Great release BTW!
    New goodies

Just posted an update, I'll probably move these to weeklies unless I see some abnormal dev change, or decided to completely fork and attempt to merge all the settings a bit better.

In this update:

GCC 4.7
    Linaro Optimizations
    cmenard's kernel + fixes for GCC 4.7(Yes it's overclockable)
    boot images/animations fixed

That should be it, haven't done a ton of regression checking. From I did find another build in the GT-N7100/N7105 threads, if you have problems with this one you can try it, however it does not have any of the gcc47/linaro optimizations. Yes some say they don't do much, but if benchmarks are anything to go by, with a clean install, 100% batt, on charger. I noticed performance increases at stock clocks.

Enjoy, thanks are always welcome.(beers too).
    FAQ

FAQ
    Read ALL of this before posting in this thread! Thanks.

Q: I don't use the on-screen softkeys. How do I remove the navigation bar?

A:
    Go into Hybrid Properties --> Interface, under Workspace drag the slider for "Navigation Bar Size" to 0%.

Q: How do I disable the dual-pane layout that is preset in some apps (Settings, Gmail, etc.)?

A:
    Go into Hybrid Properties --> Apps and choose the app that you want to change. In the top right hand corner, click "Reset" and it will change the DPI and the layout of that app to the Workspace default that you have set.

Q: Some ROM Control options do not work?

A:
    ROM Control is still a WIP as of right now. The frameworks part of ROM Control has yet to be merged, so that's why some settings are blank. Please give some time, and it will be fixed in the near future.

Q: Why did some of Hybrid Properties options disappear in the new update?

A:
    Go into Hybrid Properties --> Tools, and check Expert Mode and more settings will appear.

I have not personally experienced it, but currently am merging PUB bits into the rom(GCC 4.7 / Overclockable Kernel / Linaro Addins), when it's complete I'll do a clean wipe and see if I notice it / anything that may be causing it. We can also see if more people experience it as it gets installed more.

Thanks everyone for trying the rom, make sure to give the original developers credit for most of it, but glad everyone is enjoying it thus far. Great rom pulling in the bits from the best around.
    Updated to v20.1 which includes CM10.1-rc0, PA 3.10, and AOKP jb-mr1.1

I also saw a lot of positive reviews of the JDA 1.8 kernel, so I've switch to the JDA 1.9 kernel in the builds.

Bootanimation is back to being wonky, as I've moved by manifests to be more inline with the PAC github and removing more dependencies on superficial repos of PUB that fix strict aliasing issues that are now resolved in the build system of PUB instead.

Thanks!