Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cyanogen

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2009
Seattle
cyanogenmod.com
The purpose of this thread is to test out a new "experimental" series of ROMs. It is very possible that installing something from this thread will render your phone unusable. This build is picking up where 4.0.4 left off and will eventually become 4.2.

This is Android 1.6 (Donut).

Two rules for posting in this thread:

1. READ THE FRAKKING CHANGELOG
2. Then read this: http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

* Please don't install anything you find here unless you want to help test and know what you are doing. Questions about GMail timeouts or your Market apps not updating will be ignored (not that they are broken in this build, but that the chance of it being ROM-related is almost nil). Use the stable version instead!

* Always run a Nandroid backup before flashing anything you find here.

* DO NOT post in this thread any one-liners like "okay flashing now!". I'm not trying to be a jerk, but these threads move fast and we need to minimize the clutter. It's very possible that you will be banned if a mod sees this.

* This is not the right thread for discussing compcache and swap-related things!

* If you have installed a theme, your "warranty" is null and void! Don't post bugs here if you have installed a theme. And don't pretend like you haven't installed a theme just so you can waste people's time. That also goes for anything else you flash on top of the ROM that messes with the framework, like HTC Music. Just reinstall the ROM and try to reproduce your issue (and provide a log!!)

Code:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/*
 * While this build is heavily optimized, it is also capable of pushing your G1
 * much harder. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis. Please do some
 * research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

With that out of the way..
READ & POST ONLY ISSUES.
HE OR SHE THAT ASKS QUESTIONS ALREADY ASKED OR THAT ARE IN THE CHANGE LOG. (Next Post)
WILL BE BANNED..............
Think before you post, warning issued!!!!
Per: Mikey

(v4.1.11.1 - experimental version, updated 9/18):
Download: http://n0rp.chemlab.org/android/experimental/update-cm-4.1.11.1-signed.zip
MD5Sum: c60a30289a6c06c47df3f5bd7fc802fc

Theme Template - v4.1.11.1 (for crazy theme developers):
Download: http://n0rp.chemlab.org/android/experimental/template-cm-4.1.11.1-signed.zip
MD5Sum: 01f64990d13c25246c35e03a449f9548

Code Repository on GitHub: http://github.com/cyanogen

If anyone is bored, knows Java & Android, and wants to help, I take patches!

haykuro said:
add 2 different system folders into your updates, 1 contains a plethora of beastiality and the other is the real image, have it run a small binary that gets a random number, if the number is divisible by 3 it gives you bad rom

Last edited:

cyanogen

Jan 4, 2009
Seattle
cyanogenmod.com
CyanogenMod - This is Bat Country! (EXPERIMENTAL) [9/18 - v4.1.11.1]

CHANGELOG

---- v4.1.11.1
* Fix the bad signature on Phone.apk that was causing problems if you had wiped before installing
* Added another 1 to the version number

---- v4.1.11
* Audio recording (camcorder) is fixed. ** DO NOT use the current volume hacks with this- they will break recording on Donut! **
* Fixed crash in Market notifications menu
* New Busybox + xbin stuff
* Updated Browser patches from Loccy
* Updated kernel
* More scheduler tweaks
* Removed the nasty/scary logging from HTC_IME
* Error checking during A2SD startup
* Fixed free memory calculation so swap is taken into account (thanks |Rain|)
* Fixed signature on the FilePicker apk
* Included new fix_permissions script
* A bunch of other small things

---- v4.1.10.1
* Missed some kernel patches when I rebased from Google's tree (including multitouch)

---- v4.1.10
* Really fixed compcache modules
* Updated BFS + tweaks
* Global Search is now location-enabled
* Added extra crispiness

---- v4.1.9.2
* Fixed compcache modules

---- v4.1.9.1
* Kernel in v4.1.9 was too big, preventing booting on some devices. Moved additional filesystems to modules.

---- v4.1.9
* Camcorder is back, yay
* Fix the OpenGL breakage that occurred in 4.1.8
* Added some APNs
* Updated DroidSansFallback with additional glyphs
* Additional scheduler tweaks

---- v4.1.8
* NO MORE CRASHES/ANRS/PANICS/INSANITY YAY!
* Lots of tweaks to take advantage of BFS in the framework (no keyboard lag, etc!)
* Readded GooglePartnerSetup, I think it's needed for the media uploader
* Now using the BFQ I/O scheduler, which seems like a good compromise between CFQ and the old anticipatory scheduler
* Fixed phone number parsing again
* FLAC and WMA should both be working again
* Meltus v7 volume mod
* This could probably be stable if the freaking camcorder worked.

---- v4.1.7
* Updated BFS patch and kernel
* Updated Compcache patch
* Dalvik fix for BFS
* New HTC_IME ported from Hero
* Fixed Google suggestions for non-US locales
* Automatic crash data collection via apanic on boot
* Other stuff.. Hrmph.

---- v4.1.6
* BIG PERFORMANCE INCREASE! CFS/Cgroups are out, BFS is in!
* Fixed some HTC_IME issues
* Added apanic crash logging support
* Camcorder still broken, sorry.

---- v4.1.5
* Fixed video (YouTube, etc)
* Fixed FilePicker (PDFViewer, etc)
* Improved speed at which the in-call screen is displayed
* Removed GooglePartnerSetup since it causes mass ANRs and it doesn't actually seem to do anything useful that I can figure out
* Should work better on Magic 32B now.
* Fixed protected apps issue
* Camcorder is still broken :confused:
* Lock screen is still default.. next version.

---- v4.1.4
* Welcome to Android 1.6 (Donut)
* QuickOffice was removed since it's warez
* KNOWN ISSUES: Camcorder and PDFViewer not working (Camera works though)
* Lock screen is stock for now, next version will have Stericson's new one
* High Quality YouTube is goofy right now, will be fixed in next version.

Last edited:

beagz

Jan 11, 2009
Greenacres, FL
Hey I tried this and started a thermonuclear war.. Now what?

JK. Might pop in and try a few of these.

What kind of reports would you like?

innerspace

Jun 23, 2009
why the heck not.

Will download and flash tonight. What kind of feedback would you like to see?

Sandhawk

Aug 14, 2006
Is this using the same compcache modules? Or should I erase my userinit file before flashing?

Stigy

Feb 4, 2009
Downloading and flashing now. Will post results as soon as I get it up and running.

Safe to assume my linux-swap partition will still be working?

Edit: Also do you recommend we wipe before this update or not necessary?

Last edited:

G1-evolve

Mar 13, 2009
Chicago
Flashing Complete!

Flashed.
Looking around..

Taking a while to boot..

Same ol plain Android logo (lol wish there were a new boot screen)

Everything seems fine to me..

Sherpa? Never heard of this, seems nice!

Phones kinda warm tho..

I don't see anything wrong, yet. (I know you mentioned you basically don't care, but still having the market download issues lol)

edit: Uhm, when pulling down the menu I don't see "Clear Notifications"

Last edited:

xREVOx

Jul 10, 2009
Ya, the new compcache isn't working on Android yet. I plan to include it when it's ready though.

i've used your roms with and without compcache. does it really make that much of a difference?

is this all just a psuedo pill? i can understand hero roms needing it, but AOSP fly?

cyanogen

Jan 4, 2009
Seattle
cyanogenmod.com
I don't see anything wrong, yet. (I know you mentioned you basically don't care, but still having the market download issues lol)

Okay here is a trick I learned to fix the Market downloads.

The problem is the Checkin service that sends stats to Google. It fails a lot and causes downloads to hang. You can disable it and it will generally make your phone faster. It has to be on for the setup wizard to work, so I am leaving it enabled. If you want to disable it, edit /system/build.prop and uncomment the "ro.config.nocheckin" line and reboot.

nephron

May 25, 2009
HtcContacts and OTA Updater sounds amazing! Good luck with this build! Im gonna stay on the stable one for now because i need my phone :D.

G1-evolve

Mar 13, 2009
Chicago
Okay here is a trick I learned to fix the Market downloads.

The problem is the Checkin service that sends stats to Google. It fails a lot and causes downloads to hang. You can disable it and it will generally make your phone faster. It has to be on for the setup wizard to work, so I am leaving it enabled. If you want to disable it, edit /system/build.prop and uncomment the "ro.config.nocheckin" line and reboot.

No idea how to do that.. if you responded on AIM maybe I can get a little better understanding. :D

henrylim

Jul 7, 2004
CHANGELOG

* Rogro82's Launcher with some tweaks
* Sherpa :)

Some people has already push Rogro82 launcher in version 3.8.1 with good results. So I think the new 3.9 ROM should be good with this as well.

Sherpa!!! Didn't know it's already leaked in the market. Good job porting!!!

I am holding off experimenting for awhile, but for the other daredevils, thanks for being good testers and benefiting the community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The purpose of this thread is to test out a new "experimental" series of ROMs. It is very possible that installing something from this thread will render your phone unusable. This build is picking up where 4.0.4 left off and will eventually become 4.2.

This is Android 1.6 (Donut).

Two rules for posting in this thread:

1. READ THE FRAKKING CHANGELOG
    2. Then read this: http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

* Please don't install anything you find here unless you want to help test and know what you are doing. Questions about GMail timeouts or your Market apps not updating will be ignored (not that they are broken in this build, but that the chance of it being ROM-related is almost nil). Use the stable version instead!

* Always run a Nandroid backup before flashing anything you find here.

* DO NOT post in this thread any one-liners like "okay flashing now!". I'm not trying to be a jerk, but these threads move fast and we need to minimize the clutter. It's very possible that you will be banned if a mod sees this.

* This is not the right thread for discussing compcache and swap-related things!

* If you have installed a theme, your "warranty" is null and void! Don't post bugs here if you have installed a theme. And don't pretend like you haven't installed a theme just so you can waste people's time. That also goes for anything else you flash on top of the ROM that messes with the framework, like HTC Music. Just reinstall the ROM and try to reproduce your issue (and provide a log!!)

Code:
    #include <std/disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * While this build is heavily optimized, it is also capable of pushing your G1
     * much harder. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis. Please do some
     * research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

With that out of the way..
    READ & POST ONLY ISSUES.
    HE OR SHE THAT ASKS QUESTIONS ALREADY ASKED OR THAT ARE IN THE CHANGE LOG. (Next Post)
    WILL BE BANNED..............
    Think before you post, warning issued!!!!
    Per: Mikey

(v4.1.11.1 - experimental version, updated 9/18):
    Download: http://n0rp.chemlab.org/android/experimental/update-cm-4.1.11.1-signed.zip
    MD5Sum: c60a30289a6c06c47df3f5bd7fc802fc

Theme Template - v4.1.11.1 (for crazy theme developers):
    Download: http://n0rp.chemlab.org/android/experimental/template-cm-4.1.11.1-signed.zip
    MD5Sum: 01f64990d13c25246c35e03a449f9548

Code Repository on GitHub: http://github.com/cyanogen

If anyone is bored, knows Java & Android, and wants to help, I take patches!

haykuro said:
    add 2 different system folders into your updates, 1 contains a plethora of beastiality and the other is the real image, have it run a small binary that gets a random number, if the number is divisible by 3 it gives you bad rom
    I noticed on v3.9.3 it drains the battery very much quicker :/ anyone notice this?
    This has happened to me twice, and as far as i can tell, it wasn't due to any fiddling of firmwares. Both times it happened, I had been snapping pictures throughout the day. I forget exactly what happened the first time, but the more recent time I just went to take a picture and it said to insert an sd card. When i looked at my gallery it showed only grey placeholder thumbnails. I thought maybe the microsd had dislodged so i shutdown, made sure it was inserted and rebooted only to discover about 10 days of photos were gone.

Both times it happened to me, it wasn't just my pictures or videos that were deleted. It seemed that most all recent files on the fat32 partiton were wiped. Oddly enough, some pctures did survive and these were older than some of the files that got wiped. Additionally, many remaining files seem to still show up, but they are actually 0b empty files.

hmm last time i lost my pictures it was only from the DCIM folder, this time it was DCIM and the 2 newest pictures in my downloads folder. but ive never noticed anything missing besides images. maybe its a bug in the gallery app. culd it have been caused by unplugign the USB without unmounting?
    Global search is a massive chunk of Donut code that is all thru the framework. I started trying to make it work but there are just too many changes.

How about making the donut branch the next experimental once the current experimental becomes 4.0?

Also, the debate about the new or old Launcher just made me wonder if it would be possible to run

/sdcard/pre_install.sh and
    /sdcard/post_install.sh

before and after flashing updates (if they exist), respectively.

This way, you could have the .apk for the new Launcher on your sd and have the post_install.sh override the installed launcher with the new one.

You could also do a backup of some data folders & complete whipe before flashing and then restoring the data after flashing.

I know this is kinda off-topic here and should be moved over to the CM Recovery thread, I just wanted to point this out so everyone can have his/her favorite launcher...
    The only issue I am having is Dismissing a calendar reminder. I pull the notification drawer down, hit the event, click Dismiss and it force-closes but doesnt dismiss the event and the notification stays in the drawer. I have to just clear the notifications list for it to go away.

I also use Dataviz RoadSync and its calendar does not have the same issue.