[Q] Need a Stable Rom custom or Stock rooted preferred anyone know of some?

Search This thread

frunas80

Apr 10, 2011
I am currently experiencing random restarts which is getting annoying especially when im in the middle of doing things on my phone and it cuts me off. I am currently using Clean Rom 8.2 which i like with the exception of random shutdowns. Can anyone link me to a stable Custom Rom or Stock Rooted rom to flash onto my Verizon S3. Here is a pic of my device info.

Screenshot_2014-10-08-11-42-10.png

Thanks in advance
my apologies if this is in the wrong forum

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
I am currently experiencing random restarts which is getting annoying especially when im in the middle of doing things on my phone and it cuts me off. I am currently using Clean Rom 8.2 which i like with the exception of random shutdowns. Can anyone link me to a stable Custom Rom or Stock Rooted rom to flash onto my Verizon S3. Here is a pic of my device info.

View attachment 2964176

Thanks in advance

CleanRom is regarded as one of the most stable roms available. I think you might need to upgrade your firmware (baseband/rpm/tz) because VRALF2 is from the ICS 4.0.4 OTA in 2012 whereas your rom base is 4.3. The mismatching firmware may be the culprit behind your random reboots. Check your inbox and flash the 20 MB zip in recovery. Use the phone over a few days and see if the reboots occur less often. You'll want to be using VRBMF1 firmware before we can blame the rom. Make sure to pull the sim card at some point today for about 30 seconds, then reinsert it into your phone to force it to check for a PRL update.

Reactions: ShapesBlue

frunas80

Apr 10, 2011
Thank you I will try that. I had flashed that baseband to fix random disconnects from the network which helped. Ill try the one you hooked me,up with for a few days. The phone is disconnected so,I don't care to much about the network dropping anymore.Just using it like an iPod lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Thank you I will try that. I had flashed that baseband to fix random disconnects from the network which helped. Ill try the one you hooked me,up with for a few days. The phone is disconnected so,I don't care to much about the network dropping anymore.Just using it like an iPod lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app

haha not a problem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

View attachment 2964176

Thanks in advance

CleanRom is regarded as one of the most stable roms available. I think you might need to upgrade your firmware (baseband/rpm/tz) because VRALF2 is from the ICS 4.0.4 OTA in 2012 whereas your rom base is 4.3. The mismatching firmware may be the culprit behind your random reboots. Check your inbox and flash the 20 MB zip in recovery. Use the phone over a few days and see if the reboots occur less often. You'll want to be using VRBMF1 firmware before we can blame the rom. Make sure to pull the sim card at some point today for about 30 seconds, then reinsert it into your phone to force it to check for a PRL update.