[Q] Newly Rooted LG G2, Tried Installing TWRP, Recovery not Working

Search This thread

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
My friend. Everything worked perfectly. I have Jackpot's build running and I got the Google Apps installed and running. Thank you so much for your help. That was quite an experience, I'm glad I had you leading every step of the way.

No problem my man! That's what xda is all about, helping. Just pass knowledge and don't forget thanks button to all who helped! Glad you got it worked out.

shaka411

Oct 16, 2010
No problem my man! That's what xda is all about, helping. Just pass knowledge and don't forget thanks button to all who helped! Glad you got it worked out.

You bet! I would like to chronicle my experience in procedural form for other would be rooters/flashers. Do you think it would be appropriate to do that in a new thread or in this thread? I'm rusty on forum etiquette.

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
You bet! I would like to chronicle my experience in procedural form for other would be rooters/flashers. Do you think it would be appropriate to do that in a new thread or in this thread? I'm rusty on forum etiquette.

Sounds like a good idea! A thread in "General" would be the most appropriate place...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have either of you tried returning to stock using the kdz or tot method? It might save you...

I'm taking about this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448960

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Me personally, if it's not on xda, I don't use it (concerning root/recovery). Using ioroot25 for root and freedom tool for recovery (or autorec)...
    Thanks! I tried the KDZ method last night and it didn't work. I'm performing the TOT method as I type (waiting for the ROM to finish downloading). I'll let you know what happens.

I could never get kdz to work either, aggravates me but the tot method did! Hopefully it works out for you...
    So I was using VMware and it stalled out during step 3 of the thread you linked. So frustrationg, I've been at this all day to end up getting no where. Now I have to get bootcamp installed and retry this whole thing. So much time to do something so little. Ugh.

VMware?
    Yes, it's a virtual machine that allows me to use Windows on my Mac's desktop without having to partition my hard drive and use Boot Camp.

Ahhh, yes. Interesting. I'm assuming it'll work. Why not? But if you keep getting that same problem, try a Windows desktop.
    It worked!!! You are the man!!! Now that I have the phone back to normal and Windows up and running, I would very much like to root and install cyanogenmod the Right way, especially the boot loader part, having to do with the loki master (that I didn't do the first time around), would happen to know a good thread that will help me?

Again, thank you so much. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to fix this. The TOT method was awesome.

Ya, bro, this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51826092

The OP has a link for ioroot25 (which is the best way to root) and the freedom tool installs twrp. The steps are fairly straightforward but if you have questions, let me know! These are both for kitkat (so if you haven't, update) and you don't even have to worry about the bootloader. Updating to kk also erases some steps if you go the cm route. Also, do not use the "official" cm. It uses 4.2.2 base (crappy builds). Use JackpotCalvin's CM11, from what I've read it's top-notch.
    Make sure you have ALL drivers for the phone installed before you start (including the adb drivers and debugging).
    Glad you got it fixed, like I said, don't hesitate to ask if you have any doubts (easier to solve of you haven't done anything)!