[ROM] Tha Boss Rom V.4 - Froyo,Signed,Deodexed,BossMode,Scripts,Kernal

Search This thread

KyleCole90

This is just a basic rom for the user that wants that stock feel but wants some power out of it. I have put alot of work into making this one of the best roms out for the Evo. This rom is great on battery and it also gives you the power and control you would like. Make sure you follow me on twitter to get updates on all of the future versions of this rom. I would also like to thank you all for supporting this rom, without you this would not happen.

V.1
-Removed bloatware
-Removed boot sound
-Improved CPU Scales (Much snappier) – Thanks to BuglessPete
-Signed - Thanks to Chocmatic

V.2
-Deodexed - Thanks to BuglessPete for the guide
-Zipaligned all APKs
-Signed all APKs
-Custom bootsound and animation
-Added working wifi tether apk

V.3
-Added SpareParts.apk
-Added New SuperUser.apk
-Added Script to block most ads in Apps and Browser
-BossMode (Beta) - Thanks to BuglessPete

V.4
-Kernal netarchy-toastmod 4.0 - Thanks to Netarchy
-Removed Boot sound
-Added Droid.Ogg (notification sound)
-Added new SuperUser 2.3.1
-Improved BossMode (Beta)

To overclock download Set Cpu from the market. It is worth the $2.00 = )

Scripts:
zipalign_apks
cpuinfo
blockads

How to use scripts:
Type the name into a adb shell or into a terminal emulator.

About BossMode:
Typing "BossMode" into adb shell or a terminal emulator will give access to and allow you to edit many parts of the system using any file manager.
For example, if you wish to delete system apps you can simply run "godmode", open Astro File Manager, long press the app, and delete it (don't forget to back it up first!). Also, if you wish to edit (using Astro) the build.prop, sysctl.conf, or install-recovery.sh files "BossMode" will allow you to do so. In short, "BossMode" can turn Astro File Manager into Root Explorer.Remember this is a beta so it might have a bug or two but nothing extreme. It will be out of beta next release.

Plans for V.5:
More scripts
Update Kernel
Tell me what you would like to see in the next version.

Download

Follow me on Twitter: @KyleCole90

To be a boss you help me buy some Mountain Dew = )
The Boss List
BuglessPete
rjmjr69

Like my work? Buy me a Mountain Dew! Donate

Last edited:

androidn2evo

Jul 10, 2010
Hello, Kyle
Do you have FPS uncapped? Not sure why so many Roms get rid of Sprint Nav it’s great.
I would love to have Bluetooth mouse, keyboard and HDMI out all working and make this my Android pc. This phone is awesome!

I know Cyanogen has been working on Bluetooth option but they have yet to come out with a stabile rom. I have try a few nightly builds and there not bad.
I respect all rom developers for there time.

Thank you

KyleCole90

Hello, Kyle
Do you have FPS uncapped? Not sure why so many Roms get rid of Sprint Nav it’s great.
I would love to have Bluetooth mouse, keyboard and HDMI out all working and make this my Android pc. This phone is awesome!

I know Cyanogen has been working on Bluetooth option but they have yet to come out with a stabile rom. I have try a few nightly builds and there not bad.
I respect all rom developers for there time.

Thank you

No the FPS arent uncapped..yet ;) and all those features are cool but they will not be included in this rom. You will be in good hands with Cyanogen = ). Thanks for your input :)

Fiireball32

Jul 29, 2009
Thanks. Kyle flashing now...i dnt really like the netarchy kernel so I'm flashing kings kernel hope everything goes well

Sent from my Evo 4G ZoOm ZoOm!!

bigant262

May 12, 2009
I have some questions, does this have stock browser and stock dialer/contacts?? And what kind of sense things does it have? Also, would kings kernal work with this?

Fiireball32

Jul 29, 2009
In v5 I'd like to see a little theming and custom wallpapers also maybe a no wipe update if you can

Sent from my Evo 4G ZoOm ZoOm!!

voicemail?

I put this ROM on my Sprint EVO a few hours ago and just noticed that I no longer have anything for voicemail available under either apps or widgets other than Google Voice which I don't use.

What happened? I was already rooted and using the BakedSnack ROM but had problems with voicemail on that one too; apps were there but I never got notifications when I had messages. That was the whole reason I moved to this ROM. I wiped the unit first and followed all the steps to flash the new ROM.

What did I do wrong????

Help!