[RECOVERY][21.Feb.12] ClockworkMod Recovery v5.5.0.4

Search This thread

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
Now on to my next project...making this thing FASTER :D

About that, I went ahead and installed zeppelinrox's Supercharger & KickAssKernel scripts on his thread. I went and installed his update9-RC1 (for the SuperCharger) and KickAssKernel-test-12, then I chose option #8 inside the SuperCharger script and I am noticing less lag when using landscape mode :D (smoother, I'd give it a 9/10 since it is almost perfect). The main issue here is TouchWiz (as it was in my Vibrant -_-!). I still cannot find a good Honeycomb launcher and I've tried several launchers (VTL, ADW-EX and others). ADW-EX was almost perfect but the dockbar doesn't stay if the screen orientation changes :mad:, and the wallpaper kinda zooms-in too much :rolleyes:. I wonder if this version of the TouchWiz launcher can be optimized...

costendorf

Oct 23, 2011
I did the same thing as many people out there after I rooted my 8.9. I downloaded CWM from the market and installed the "10.1" version of CWM Recovery. As soon as it tried to reboot into recovery, the screen flashed an restarted. Thankfully, I found this forum with the vanilla CWM Recovery image and flashed with Odin3 and all is well again. I didn't lose any data and now I am able to boot into CWM Recovery to backup my ROM so I can remove all of the bloatware without concern.

If you have the same problem, download Odin3 v1.85 and the vanilla CWM Recovery file at the top of this thread. Boot into download on your 8.9 and open Odin3. Check "PDA" and click the button. Select the file you downloaded and click start. If it doesn't work, you likely did something else other than simply install the CWM Recovery app from the market.

Does anyone know if the Bonsai ROM for the 10.1 works on the 8.9? I know Samsung has specific ROMS for both, but I wanted to see if anyone else has tried it before I do it.

EDIT 10.23.11 - Forget Bonsai for now. No luck flashing the ROM. The install runs perfectly, but I get the same issue as the old CWM Recovery version when it tries to boot. I am going to dig apart the package and see if there is anything I can do to port these 10.1 ROMS over without having to build them from the 8.9 ROM. Now with CWM Recovery working, this makes it easy to bring back my factory image :)

Last edited:
Reactions: fred_be9300

chegs_pro

Oct 22, 2010
Done it. It works perfectly. No issue. You rocks!!!!

Waiting for enabling SIM phone calls....

Sent from my GT-P7300 using XDA App

slippermen

Oct 25, 2011
Perfect!

I soft bricked my 8.9 last week with the market version of CWM. This worked like a charm. Feels so much better to have CWM on the device. Since I cant thank you with a button, I just wanted to say thanks! :) :)

mykmarinas

Oct 4, 2011
Hi, im new here. are there a step by step guide how to install this wonderful rom with new 8.9 tab. thanks

bdfull3r

Oct 25, 2011
Got my GTab 8.9, rooted it, got SetCPU and i am looking on how to overclock. HOw i came here

Instructions seem kinda straight foward but the very second post is on a guy bricking his tablet. I have no clue what Odin is or how i can get CWM on my tablet? Anyone willing to give me a hand here, maybe a video?

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
Got my GTab 8.9, rooted it, got SetCPU and i am looking on how to overclock. HOw i came here

Instructions seem kinda straight foward but the very second post is on a guy bricking his tablet. I have no clue what Odin is or how i can get CWM on my tablet? Anyone willing to give me a hand here, maybe a video?

Ignore the 2nd post. Download this and put it on your Tab's internal sdcard through USB connection. Go to the stock recovery (by holding VOL- while powering up and selecting the box with the Power button) and flash the file. Done. The link I gave you is from the newest Recovery from the Overcome ROM thread. No need for ODIN for that one.

perlmeister11

Jan 30, 2011
Ignore the 2nd post. Download this and put it on your Tab's internal sdcard through USB connection. Go to the stock recovery (by holding VOL- while powering up and selecting the box with the Power button) and flash the file. Done. The link I gave you is from the newest Recovery from the Overcome ROM thread. No need for ODIN for that one.

Does this version of Clockwork Recovery work for the galaxy tab plus? Wifi and/or Tmobile 3g versions?

_motley

Aug 17, 2010
Does this version of Clockwork Recovery work for the galaxy tab plus? Wifi and/or Tmobile 3g versions?

No, you have a different hardware base then the 8.9 tab. None of the mods you find here beyond rooting (ROMs, CWM, kernels etc.) are going to work. The rooting procedure works on any unlocked tab because it just installs the "su" binary to your tab...it is not platform specific. You guys really need to find a forum specific for the 7 Plus tab, or beg the mods to add one for you.

perlmeister11

Jan 30, 2011
No, you have a different hardware base then the 8.9 tab. None of the mods you find here beyond rooting (ROMs, CWM, kernels etc.) are going to work. The rooting procedure works on any unlocked tab because it just installs the "su" binary to your tab...it is not platform specific. You guys really need to find a forum specific for the 7 Plus tab, or beg the mods to add one for you.

Thanks for the info! No forum for the 7 tab plus :-(

mynewuser

Mar 7, 2011

Do this work in 8.9 wifi version?

Reactions: 0okami

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Everyone! So long story short, I ended up picking up a 8.9 tab and now we have a 100% confirmed working ClockworkMod Recovery!

So, quick and dirty instructions for users WITHOUT any form of CWM recovery on their device:

1) Download the attached ClockworkMod_Recovery_v5.5.0.4.tar
    2) Reboot the tab into download mode
    3) Fire up Odin 1.85 and put the ClockworkMod_Recovery_v5.5.0.4.tar in the PDA field.
    4) Flash!
    5) Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery :D

Quick and dirty instructions for users WITH some form of CWM recovery on their device:

1) Download the attached ClockworkMod_Recovery_v5.5.0.4.zip to your device
    2) Reboot the tab into recovery
    3) Install the zip
    5) Reboot :D

If, for any reason, you want to return to the stock recovery, simply download the P73xx_Stock_Recovery.tar and follow the instructions above (with odin)!

DISCLAIMER: THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH LTE TABS!
    Well, I have good news and bad news...lol

I was strolling through best buy this evening after dinner and made an impulse purchase...i'm now the new owner of a Galaxy Tab 8.9 :)

EDIT (10/22/11): We're back open! Confirmed working STOCK recovery is in first post...confirmed working CWM recovery coming momentarily :)

EDIT 2 (10/22/11): And we're official. ClockworkMod is 100% working :) Enjoy guys!

Now on to my next project...making this thing FASTER :D

This is a honeycomb issue/feature it has nothing to do woth CWM. Just install kies and enable usb debugging.
    That'd be me. Once I backup my apps, I will (give me some minutes and I will post the result as an EDIT post). If it fails, worst case scenario would be flashing the Asian ODIN image since it is the only one available. That one displays everything in Chinese but I can change the language. Sidenote: Damn I wonder what is taking so long to bring an American ODIN image of the 7310 live???

Excellent! Let me know how it goes!